Ntsc

My friend next door has a PANASONIC,DMR-EX769EB DVD Recorder and he has had a couple of DVDs in NTSC sent to him, I have had a look in the users manual NTSC is mentioned about it but I cannot find anything on how to change over to NTSC. Can anyone help please.

Comments

• Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as the disc is home recorded rather than a commercial movie release with Region 1 coding then many DVD players and TVs will cope with NTSC automatically. No manual switching required.

If it is a region coded (Hollywood) film then Google "region hack" along with the recorders model number to see if there's a way to enable Region 1 playback.
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the recorder needs to hacked for Region 1 looks like it'll require the use of a 'one-shot' special remote as there are no codes/instructions to do it manually
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    If you have a PC with a DVD writer, you could rip the NTSC* discs and convert them to PAL* so you have a copy that works in any UK player.

*In the context of DVDs this means 640x480/60fps and 720x576/50fps; NTSC and PAL colour coding systems are created by the player's video output circuitry.