0904 number

Just recieved my latest bill and there is a 0904 premium rate number charged at 1.50 for 3 seconds on it. I havent rang it neither my wife. Anyone else got this on there bill. Is VM trying it on. :mad:

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rebelrickb wrote:
    Is VM trying it on. :mad:

Yep, VM are trying it on. The evil bearded one is out to get you. I mean...what else could it possibly be?

On the other hand it could be that somebody did dial the number.

:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ring the number and find out who it is.

Oh, hang on a minute........
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    If you have a dial up modem connected to the computer may be worth running a virus scan and spyware to check for rogue dialers. Course you should be checking for viruses at least once a week anyway. If you have a rogue dialer on there a 3s call will soon be the least of your worries. If you don't have antivirus (and you are running windows) then get it quick. http://free.grisoft.com will help with viruses and windows defender from microsoft will check for spyware

Failing that are you sure you didn't enter a competition or anything? Is the call charge really that high on your bill for 3 seconds? It's unlikely (though still possible) that virgin would bill a call that didn't happen though if you are still unsure query it with them
  • dave09dave09 Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    davethorp wrote:
    If you have a dial up modem connected to the computer may be worth running a virus scan and spyware to check for rogue dialers. Course you should be checking for viruses at least once a week anyway. If you have a rogue dialer on there a 3s call will soon be the least of your worries. If you don't have antivirus (and you are running windows) then get it quick. http://free.grisoft.com will help with viruses and windows defender from microsoft will check for spyware

Failing that are you sure you didn't enter a competition or anything? Is the call charge really that high on your bill for 3 seconds? It's unlikely (though still possible) that virgin would bill a call that didn't happen though if you are still unsure query it with them

Some premium rate numbers are charged at say £1.50 or whatever price they want to charge flat rate either 3 seconds or 3 minutes, it could be £1.50
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadire wrote:
    Yep, VM are trying it on. The evil bearded one is out to get you. I mean...what else could it possibly be?

On the other hand it could be that somebody did dial the number.

:rolleyes:

Well it does seem far more likely that he has stumbled on some secret VM cash scam than someone dialled a premium number with their finger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rebelrickb wrote:
    Just recieved my latest bill and there is a 0904 premium rate number charged at 1.50 for 3 seconds on it. I havent rang it neither my wife. Anyone else got this on there bill. Is VM trying it on. :mad:

Try identifying it on http://www.icstis.org/ they regulate the premium rate number services so if it is scam run by Virgin it will be picked up pretty quickly (it's not done by Virgin, £1.50 isn't worth the hassle and has all kinds of legal implications for such a big company). Chances are as has been said before it's a rogue dialler on your computer or possibly if you have an Amstrad Email phone or Sky Digital as they often use these numbers as a way of paying for their services. Of course it could never be someone else in the property like say a teenager! :D
  • intheknowintheknow Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    It will be a flat rate, were you in at the time / date of the call? could you have possibly dialed and then hung up?

A BBC show or charity donation to comic relief type thing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Methinks your wife is lying ;)
  • boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bell wrote:
    Methinks your wife is lying ;)
    LOL.....I think you could be right.Them woman love them scams,as I know to my cost.