***Grimm Season 2 (US-Pace) - 13th August***

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    heh - all the new title sequence needs is the blue flashing light from "Police Squad"! :)

But - S1 was mostly monster-of-the-week and I'm really happy S2 is already showing the seeds of longer story arcs.

I'm wondering if the FBI have some idea about Wessen's and are trying Nick for a better lead into that? Lot's of knowing nods as they interviewed him.

Still early days, but hopefully this show has some legs and can develop better than Heroes or some other shows.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay!! Hank knows :)

Good episode I thought - not just for the Hank reveal. The story was one of the darker ones and worked well. Balanced with humour of Monroe's obvious discomfort being around Juliet:D
  • ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!! Hank knows :)

Good episode I thought - not just for the Hank reveal. The story was one of the darker ones and worked well. Balanced with humour of Monroe's obvious discomfort being around Juliet:D

Hank knowing is certainly a good thing from a story and a writing point of view - they no longer have to come up with ridiculous scenarios where he just misses the action, or he can't add two and two together to see the obvious.

Enjoyed the episode on it's own merits aside from that - it's always good to see Mark Pellegrino on screen; although I'm not holding my breath that it'll be a recurring role :(

I'm curious to see how they play out the Juliet scenario, but there definitely seemed to be hints that we'll be seeing Adalind again in the future.
    Forum Member
    A very strong episode, and promises lots for the future.

Hank now becomes Robin to Nick's Batman, so not sure where that leaves Monroe - Butler Alfred?

Hank the handy with a gun type, Munroe expositioning and researching the Trailer?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OlracUK wrote: »
    A very strong episode, and promises lots for the future.

Hank now becomes Robin to Nick's Batman, so not sure where that leaves Monroe - Butler Alfred?

Hank the handy with a gun type, Munroe expositioning and researching the Trailer?

If you compare to say Buffy - you had the 'Scoobies' - all 3 of them, plus more (Anya, Tara, Spike) later, all with their own qualities and skills. Maybe Nick will end up with his own Scooby Gang. Then Munroe would be......erm.....err....:D
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank seemed to take the reveal rather well though having his friend and God daughter involved certainly helped him.

I wonder what he'll say when Nick tells him about Adalind and how ok he will be with those cases that end up having to stay unsolved or completely off Police records.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank finding out does help make up for the tired old amnesia storyline with Juliette.

I'm glad that he took it so well, too. Could have gone the other way and been mad at Nick for hiding it all. Finding out he's not mad obviously helped, lol, plus having his friend and goddaughter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This episode was very good compared to alot of season one stuff, i think ill enjoy this season more overall. Yey Hank finally found out :) so happy with this, and feels like a big move foward, do feel for Nick though, hope Juliettes memory isnt gone for too long.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad they aren't going to drag it out with Hank too. That type of storyline can get quite repetitive quickly.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Same as above really. Hank finding out about Nick is good, it will be interesting to see how their relationship changes, and how is Hank going to react when he meets Monroe!

I'm guessing the pointless bolted on title sequence was the decision of the same person who decided to give Juliette amnesia.

More Wu please ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Great second season (apart from the opening credits) On a point of interest, we can see when Nick views a vessen, however has it ever been shown what a vessen see's when they can view Nick's as a "Grimm" ???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quinn. wrote: »
    Great second season (apart from the opening credits) On a point of interest, we can see when Nick views a vessen, however has it ever been shown what a vessen see's when they can view Nick's as a "Grimm" ???
    They've never shown that and I doubt they ever will unless they do a story that's totally from a wesen point of view.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    They've never shown that and I doubt they ever will unless they do a story that's totally from a wesen point of view.

I remember when some people thought it was that flash of a face shown during the opening credits in series one. Don't think it's there this season, though.
    Forum Member
    I remember when some people thought it was that flash of a face shown during the opening credits in series one. Don't think it's there this season, though.

Thanks. I did't think it had been covered in season 1, however there must be something they see... halo? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. I did't think it had been covered in season 1, however there must be something they see... halo? :D

I thought it was the look of recognision on his face for most of them - they don't realise he is a Grimm until they see from his reaction when they change that he can tell they are Wessen.

For others - like Munroe - they can smell he is a Grimm.

Perhaps others 'sense' it - but I don't think they 'see' anything like Grimms see Wessen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another good episode - had me wrong footed at the start & carried on well. Little things coming together - with the Captain, with Juliette & with Hank. The Munroe & Roselea stuff was sweet. Felt the Roselea in peril was a bit weak and easily resolved but otherwise realy good.

AND they got rid of the talky bit in the opening credits:D

Anyone wonder
    if Juliette and the Captain will get together? He did wake her with a kiss after all.........

(above is pure speculation & doesn't really need spoilers I suppose)

Now we have a break and it'll be on Fridays from then on.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Another good episode - had me wrong footed at the start & carried on well. Little things coming together - with the Captain, with Juliette & with Hank. The Munroe & Roselea stuff was sweet. Felt the Roselea in peril was a bit weak and easily resolved but otherwise realy good.

AND they got rid of the talky bit in the opening credits:D

Anyone wonder
    if Juliette and the Captain will get together? He did wake her with a kiss after all.........

(above is pure speculation & doesn't really need spoilers I suppose)

Now we have a break and it'll be on Fridays from then on.

i expected her to have feelings for the captain when she saw him but whether they will have an actual relationship i doubt it pretty sure the captain wouldnt want to piss of Nick
    Forum Member
    The show is going from strength to strength this season.

I'd guess that Juliette is slowly getting her memory back - maybe with a few wrong turns for the next episode or 2 (thinks he's a bad guy, or a mobster etc).

And SO glad the voice-over on the titles is gone - at least from the version I just watched.

Also, the writers must have a forward time jump machine 'cos they answered Quinn's question then went back in time to answer it in this weeks episode
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good ep.

Although the Juliette stuff is boring, I'm loving the Hank revelations.

Still interested in what the Captain is up to. Definitely has his own agenda, separate from the royal family, but what is it? Does he just want the key for himself or is there more to it?

Oh, and I agree that the titles are much better without the voice over!
  • ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Good ep.

Although the Juliette stuff is boring, I'm loving the Hank revelations.

Still interested in what the Captain is up to. Definitely has his own agenda, separate from the royal family, but what is it? Does he just want the key for himself or is there more to it?

Oh, and I agree that the titles are much better without the voice over!

I quite enjoyed the way they were dealing with the Juliette situation in episode 4, the flashbacks where she only saw the plumber vessen, and her little chat with him paint Nick as some sort of capo di tutti capi type for Portland - which I just found amusing.

As regards Hank; I'm glad it wasn't a case of him finding out in one episode, then being fine with everything the next - he's still questioning and geting to grips with the 'Grimm' world. For me it's much better for the show to deal with it this way than for him to go straight into sidekick mode.

The captain - well, I still don't have a clue how much of a 'baddie' he is. Obviously he's in with the royal families; but his protection of Nick doesn't always come across as having sinister motives behind it.

Obviously, Monroe and Rosalee just rule. :D
    Forum Member
    OlracUK wrote: »
    The show is going from strength to strength this season.

I'd guess that Juliette is slowly getting her memory back - maybe with a few wrong turns for the next episode or 2 (thinks he's a bad guy, or a mobster etc).

And SO glad the voice-over on the titles is gone - at least from the version I just watched.

Also, the writers must have a forward time jump machine 'cos they answered Quinn's question then went back in time to answer it in this weeks episode

I am also glad they have dropped the cheesy talk over on the opening credits, big improvement. My question for the writers this week :D is why does Nick has all of his eggs in one basket in having the Grimm library/museum in one place, would't it be better to spread the collection around in safe locations? as for example Walter did in Fringe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am also glad they have dropped the cheesy talk over on the opening credits, big improvement. My question for the writers this week :D is why does Nick has all of his eggs in one basket in having the Grimm library/museum in one place, would't it be better to spread the collection around in safe locations? as for example Walter did in Fringe.

My question would be why is Nick's fringe so perfect - he must get through tonnes of hair product.

So, nearly the same question as yours. Well, both to do with Fringe......oh wait......:o
  • Mart_UKMart_UK Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just caught up on all season 2 episodes, i'm officially hooked lol. It's been a strong start, more action and gore (and humour) compared to the 1st season. One of my fav shows on tv right now.

So, at the end of the recent episode, who in the world was on the roof?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mart_UK wrote: »
    So, at the end of the recent episode, who in the world was on the roof?

The Wesen (a Nuckelavee) who has been sent to get the Key off Nick, he was seen following Nick all episode.
  • Geri69Geri69 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am just up to episode three so far of new season cos I like to get a couple watched at same time.DH is also hooked but he is waiting till series starts in 22nd October here as he has only finished series one.:eek:

My fave series on the box.