Britney Spears Breaks Up With Boyfriend Jason

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Britney Spears and Jason Trawick have broken up ... TMZ has learned.

The couple got engaged back in 2011. Trawick started out as Britney's agent, the duo started dating and he eventually became her co-conservator along with her dad, Jamie Spears.

Multiple sources connected to the couple tell TMZ ..... Jason didn't want to make the announcement until he was taken off the conservatorship. Interestingly, lawyers for the conservatorship are in court right now, along with Britney's dad, Jamie Spears, so it's possible Jason will be removed today.

Sources say it was a "friendly breakup" and Britney and Jason will remain friends. As for why they split, we're told they just "grew apart."

The timing's pretty interesting considering Brit recently changed agencies, heading to CAA ... an indication Trawick was no longer involved in managing her career.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/11/britney-spears-jason-trawick-break-up-split-divorce/#ixzz2HiHMnE5P

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    TMZ is usually accurate.
    The whole conservatorship thing I find weird, she can apparently 'work' earning millions from TV show judging roles, music, touring, endorsements etc but is considered unfit to control basic aspects of her life like what she wears or how she spends her money. I understand that she is thought to have a mental illness but it doesn't make sense as to why they would push her to work so much in that case. She doesn't seem at ease anymore in interviews or performing..
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    sad news he seemed a calming influence saying that she has looked a bit down lately. I just want Britney to be happy like she used to be. Recently I watched Frank Skinner interview her (from years ago, they sang together at the end) was a great interview but I was just left thinking how sad, what happened to that girl:(
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think she is getting back to "normal" if that can be defined haha.
    But yeah, I think what with her having the sense to quit x factor and now to ditch the boyfriend that was supposed to be making her look sane will help with her overall career.
    She's begun work on her next album, rumours are that she is planning a tour and a Las Vegas residency, if she actually is planning all those things then it's a good sign that she actually wants to do them and that she wants to get back out there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its so sad, she adored him. I guess she wants her debit card back!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    There has been rumours around that he's been cheating on her. If it was more a business deal to him than a relationship then shes better off alone and she can do a lot better than him im sure! Hopefully she can make her own decisions for her and her boys, the media need to back off too, the pressure will build like it did in the past, she needs a chance and some space x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    So sad... but its nice to see it was a mutual decision, i wish her nothing but the best for the future, she deserves it!
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully this is another break up with opposite to expected effect.

When she broke up with K-Fed everyone thought that was her going back to her best, and she was a mess.

Maybe breaking up with Jason will be the thing that ignites her passion for music and performing again and she can return to her best.

I hope so anyway.

Still sad news because they did seem happy when together.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Well the word was the guy was effectively hired to marry her and keep her on the straight and narrow but they picked the wrong guy as he was a womaniser...but then she did sing about them! :D
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    Well the word was the guy was effectively hired to marry her and keep her on the straight and narrow but they picked the wrong guy as he was a womaniser...but then she did sing about them! :D

I remember a snippet of gossip on that and possibly more to do with illicit substances. I think I even said 'no hardly them, he's paid to keep an eye and be good' now I wonder, can't remember where I read it BlindGossip or CDN
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Im sad about this tbh. I think the whole thing him being part of the C-ship really damaged there relationship :( I wish her all the best cause she bloody deserves happiness out of the a-list celebs britney for me is the most humble.

I also think with all this amazing news about the 8th album i.e Vegas residency, working hard on then new album etc i think she really wants to be out on the music scene again and is ready this time.

Can not wait for the new album :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she has a massive comeback with a no1 album and no1 song in the UK. I think she is great! I hope that Jason doesn't make any money off of her..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    sad news he seemed a calming influence saying that she has looked a bit down lately. I just want Britney to be happy like she used to be. Recently I watched Frank Skinner interview her (from years ago, they sang together at the end) was a great interview but I was just left thinking how sad, what happened to that girl:(

if you read the blind items it seems he's been up to no good and may be causing her to look down recently
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Simi89 wrote: »
    TMZ is usually accurate.
    The whole conservatorship thing I find weird, she can apparently 'work' earning millions from TV show judging roles, music, touring, endorsements etc but is considered unfit to control basic aspects of her life like what she wears or how she spends her money. I understand that she is thought to have a mental illness but it doesn't make sense as to why they would push her to work so much in that case. She doesn't seem at ease anymore in interviews or performing..
    It's all very cloudy and strange, she either has terrible problems, is being completely exploited or they are protecting her from something she did.
    Like whenever someone wants to take her to court she's "unfit" to take the stand.
    The conservatorship protects from the press and media as well a bit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all very cloudy and strange, she either has terrible problems, is being completely exploited or they are protecting her from something she did.
    Like whenever someone wants to take her to court she's "unfit" to take the stand.
    The conservatorship protects from the press and media as well a bit

maybe she wants to work but her family still want to protect her so they are finding a way to allow her to do that? but i do think there is always a sadness in her eyes :(
    Forum Member
    maybe she wants to work but her family still want to protect her so they are finding a way to allow her to do that? but i do think there is always a sadness in her eyes :(

people always say that about her eyes :( i mean when she is performing like when she was on the Femme Fatale tour and even circus tour you saw the fire there but in other pics like in public it shows.

Its nothing bad but maybe she just sick of the media taking pictures where ever she goes i mean even though her life aint as crazy like back in 07 she still gets a load of paps following her every move.

She loves her music there is no denying that i think she will never give up music its part of her and its been part of her since she was a little girl.

I just hate when people call her a waste etc thats not nice shes a bloody human she is just like the rest of us and some people forget that.

I love her though no matter what :)
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    She'll keep breaking up with every man who isn't Justin Timberlake.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'll keep breaking up with every man who isn't Justin Timberlake.

I wish they were still together :(
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    I wish they were still together :(

Jessica Biel doesn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly, I don't think she'll be allowed to have any control in her life until she is no longer making money. Her fans should support her by not buying her tickets or her albums, because I don't think she'll be free till she's no longer a cash cow for her parents.

And she can't react against it in any way, or ask for help or even say that she's unhappy, because it can be used as evidence that she's still unstable. She's stuck in a vicious circle. It's in everyone's best interests except hers to keep her under 'protection'.

I wonder if it will last until she's no longer afraid that her children can be kept from her. How old are they now?
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Sadly, I don't think she'll be allowed to have any control in her life until she is no longer making money. Her fans should support her by not buying her tickets or her albums, because I don't think she'll be free till she's no longer a cash cow for her parents.

And she can't react against it in any way, or ask for help or even say that she's unhappy, because it can be used as evidence that she's still unstable. She's stuck in a vicious circle. It's in everyone's best interests except hers to keep her under 'protection'.

I wonder if it will last until she's no longer afraid that her children can be kept from her. How old are they now?

Sean and Jayden i think are 6 and 7 now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    It was supposedly a mutual decision and they say they will remain the best of friends. That's a very common statement when a couple break-up but doesn't usually mean much. I think the fact that she has changed management companies probably says more.l
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »

Her mother seemed to go to the same parenting school as Dina Lohan and back in the day was always out with Britney and seemed to push her into the limelight. Her Dad appears to be the complete opposite. I remember when Britney was having her breakdown there was those pics/video of her sitting on the pavement bawling her eyes out and all anyone cared about was capturing the moment. Everyday there was new pictures and it was relentless. Once her Dad took over, it all stopped. Somehow he got her out the glare and there hasn't been any more meltdowns since (well at least in public). Having her Dad control her life is probably not what Britney wants but it was what she needed, otherwise I think she would have ended up in a psychiatric ward for a very long time.

Does anyone know what happened to her sister? She used to be on some show on MTV but then got pregnant. Did she ever try to get back in to showbiz after that?
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I think Jamie Lynn ducked out of the spotlight when she had the baby but has become a country singer since, I think.

Interestingly, regarding the mother, when Britney was going through her worst she was peddling a book about being a celebrity mom! Her and Britney were fighting a lot then too. Anyone remember that video where she invited the press along when she was giving Lynn some document to tell her to stay away from her kids?
    Forum Member
    I think Jamie Lynn ducked out of the spotlight when she had the baby but has become a country singer since, I think.

Interestingly, regarding the mother, when Britney was going through her worst she was peddling a book about being a celebrity mom! Her and Britney were fighting a lot then too. Anyone remember that video where she invited the press along when she was giving Lynn some document to tell her to stay away from her kids?

god yeah that was in the dark times, I think the brolly attack came soon after IIRC. Don't hear much of the Mom any more, I wonder if she did have a touch of the Dina Lohan's about her like previous poster said. I like Britney, hope she does do Vegas and is a big success & makes loads of cash.
  • Souffle GirlSouffle Girl Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    He appeared to be good for her in the beginning and she did seem genuinely happy with him but I always thought it was exceptionally strange when he became co-conservator and so I'm thinking she is probably better off without him.

I've been a Britney fan since she burst onto the scene and I would love nothing more than for her to be able to stand on her own two feet but I don't think it's going to happen at this point. I can understand her father being her conservator, but something seemed dodgy about her manager/boyfriend getting in on the act so I am glad that he will no longer have anything to do with it. If Jason and Britney are going to remain friends though then good for them.