Katie Price calls Kelly Brook a "heffer"

Comments

• The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smc81 wrote: »
    I think it is wrong to say that a size 0 is never healthy nor a size 12 overweight. There is such a vast range of body types and so depending on a girls height and frame she may well be overweight at a size 12 or perfectly proportioned at a size 0. I think clothes size is a horrible way to determine if someone is a healthy weight or not and the fact that there is no definitive sizing chart means that clothes sizes vary from store to store. For me it is more a case of looking at bodyfat - if you can 'pinch an inch' then you are probably overweight and if I can count your ribs then you are probably underweight.

I'm sorry - but I totally disagree with most of this.

IMHO, size zero is healthy on no-one who is an adult - not even someone who is say 4'7.

'pinching an inch' does not mean you are overweight - necessarily. I think Special K stopped using that line in their campaigns as it was deemed very dangerous. Everyone has some semblance of body fat and *most* people can pinch an inch.

Yes, a size 12 could be overweight; however, as a general rule of thumb, I would say if we start going down the route of saying size zero 'could' be healthy and size 12 'could' be overweight - we are getting into fashion industry type stereotyping.

All IMHO of course.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KevinKieron's got a cracking pair of moobs in the pics in the Daily Wail.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    KevinKieron's got a cracking pair of moobs in the pics in the Daily Wail.

And at least his are real - or are they? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is wrong to say that a size 0 is never healthy nor a size 12 overweight. There is such a vast range of body types and so depending on a girls height and frame she may well be overweight at a size 12 or perfectly proportioned at a size 0. I think clothes size is a horrible way to determine if someone is a healthy weight or not and the fact that there is no definitive sizing chart means that clothes sizes vary from store to store. For me it is more a case of looking at bodyfat - if you can 'pinch an inch' then you are probably overweight and if I can count your ribs then you are probably underweight.

In what reality is a size 0 healthy?.. in order to gain and maintain size 0 you have to eat at the most 500 calories a day... a couple 100 more if you are prepared to exercise the extra calories off every day... the recommended calorie intake for woman is 2000 calories a day depending on age and activity it can go down to 1500... anyone on a size 0 diet is taking in a third of their recommended calories... this means valuable vitamins and minerals are not being stored... hormones which are reliant on them are not being produced... a lack of estrogen stops periods and can seriously impact future fertility... bones lose there mass and early osteoporosis is inevitable... damage to internal organs can cause them to fail... hair thins... skin is dull... body hair increases as the body tries to insulate itself without fat... there are many many many more side effects.

The real tragedy is men given the choice will nearly always pick a curvy size 10/12 so who are these women starving themselves for?.. other women... we are the ones who comment on the weight of others in a positive and negative way... I don't lose a few pounds expecting the men in my life to notice... the women I know will.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno: I mean, KP IS an utter joke and yes, nobody really takes her in any way seriously; however, there are some young girls who do emulate her - as tragic as that is. The fact that her pony tat sells, does unfortunately show that there is a market of girls buying into her crud.

& even if girls don't like her per se - they WILL be influenced by a celebrity of any sorts claiming that a size 10 woman is a 'HEFFER'. (Sic).

She's a disgusting human being.

Totally agree. Young girls are very vulnerable to comments like this. Girls have been known to develop anorexia from one tactless comment about their chubbiness and it might be from a fat old man who they don't respect, but the comment will still hurt. It just reinforces what they already have been told a hundred times by the media and each other.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In what reality is a size 0 healthy?.. in order to gain and maintain size 0 you have to eat at the most 500 calories a day... a couple 100 more if you are prepared to exercise the extra calories off every day... the recommended calorie intake for woman is 2000 calories a day depending on age and activity it can go down to 1500... anyone on a size 0 diet is taking in a third of their recommended calories... this means valuable vitamins and minerals are not being stored... hormones which are reliant on them are not being produced... a lack of estrogen stops periods and can seriously impact future fertility... bones lose there mass and early osteoporosis is inevitable... damage to internal organs can cause them to fail... hair thins... skin is dull... body hair increases as the body tries to insulate itself without fat... there are many many many more side effects.

The real tragedy is men given the choice will nearly always pick a curvy size 10/12 so who are these women starving themselves for?.. other women... we are the ones who comment on the weight of others in a positive and negative way... I don't lose a few pounds expecting the men in my life to notice... the women I know will.

I was referring to a us size 0 which I think is a UK 4 and it is entirely possible to be healthy at that size depending on bone structure. Obviously someone who is 6ft tall with wide shoulders and hips could never be healthy at that size but there are a lot of petite women that are. A woman can be healthy at any size but there has become an obsession recently with putting down anyone who is below a size 10 as having an eating disorder or being unattractive.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was referring to a us size 0 which I think is a UK 4 and it is entirely possible to be healthy at that size depending on bone structure. Obviously someone who is 6ft tall with wide shoulders and hips could never be healthy at that size but there are a lot of petite women that are. A woman can be healthy at any size but there has become an obsession recently with putting down anyone who is below a size 10 as having an eating disorder or being unattractive.

Agree. It's just as bad in my book as the suggestion that size 12 is overweight. As you say, it's down to body frame/type and a lot of women are a healthy natural size 4/6/8 without extreme diet or maintenance ever coming into it. The idea that everyone who is that size is maintaining it by deliberately taking in fewer calories or putting their bodies at risk is also a strange one. While it may be the case for some women, it's certainly not the case for all.

@LAO
    "The real tragedy is men given the choice will nearly always pick a curvy size 10/12 so who are these women starving themselves for?.. "

Again, you're perpetuating the notion that anyone below this size is curveless and shapeless. Not true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    And can i just say Katie if you are reading this-they are certainly not skinny jeans you are wearing-they look like my Quality Second trackies :rolleyes: not a good look love-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2278221/Katie-Prices-new-husband-Kieran-Hayler-shows-action-man-figure-couple-hit-Mayfair.html

Why would anyone go out in public in such god awful trousers! :eek:

our Kel wouldn't be seen dead in anything like that.... ;):)
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Agree. It's just as bad in my book as the suggestion that size 12 is overweight. As you say, it's down to body frame/type and a lot of women are a healthy natural size 4/6/8 without extreme diet or maintenance ever coming into it. The idea that everyone who is that size is maintaining it by deliberately taking in fewer calories or putting their bodies at risk is also a strange one. While it may be the case for some women, it's certainly not the case for all.

@LAO
    "The real tragedy is men given the choice will nearly always pick a curvy size 10/12 so who are these women starving themselves for?.. "

Again, you're perpetuating the notion that anyone below this size is curveless and shapeless. Not true.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned here what is probably the most attractive to the opposite gender is being comfortable in your own skin. Kelly Brook gives the impression that she is a woman who knows that she is attractive and could have any man she wanted - without being desperate to just have any man going. Pricey comes across a bit desperate - doing down other women is always a sign of desperation - anyone truly self confident doesn't need to desparage someone else. Men fancy Kylie and fancy Christina Hendricks - both of them totally different body types but both women who seem happy in their own skin.

I agree that the important thing here about body size and shape apart from being healthy is to be happy with yourself and confident that you look great. I also don't think the BMI helps either - a friend's six year old child has be labelled as overweight by it and she looks fine to me - an average pretty girl - both her parents are large framed though and I think this distorts things. I can see looking at the small children around my daughter already that some of them are going to be naturally larger built than others and yet they all seem to be perfectly healthy.

I also think that it isn't men who are the worst offenders for making women feel bad about their appearance - its other women. The fashion industry the primary culprit here seems to be run by women and gay men - people who don't understand for first hand experience what makes a woman sexy to someone else. The bitchiness of some women to other women is what's at the fault - the exclusion and inclusion principals - more fashionable than thou - and the schedufreude of some mags which seem to function on 'guess which female celeb is looking rough at the mo'' principals. We are our worst enemies sometimes as a gender and need to do something about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned here what is probably the most attractive to the opposite gender is being comfortable in your own skin. Kelly Brook gives the impression that she is a woman who knows that she is attractive and could have any man she wanted - without being desperate to just have any man going. Pricey comes across a bit desperate - doing down other women is always a sign of desperation - anyone truly self confident doesn't need to desparage someone else. Men fancy Kylie and fancy Christina Hendricks - both of them totally different body types but both women who seem happy in their own skin.

I agree that the important thing here about body size and shape apart from being healthy is to be happy with yourself and confident that you look great. I also don't think the BMI helps either - a friend's six year old child has be labelled as overweight by it and she looks fine to me - an average pretty girl - both her parents are large framed though and I think this distorts things. I can see looking at the small children around my daughter already that some of them are going to be naturally larger built than others and yet they all seem to be perfectly healthy.

I also think that it isn't men who are the worst offenders for making women feel bad about their appearance - its other women. The fashion industry the primary culprit here seems to be run by women and gay men - people who don't understand for first hand experience what makes a woman sexy to someone else. The bitchiness of some women to other women is what's at the fault - the exclusion and inclusion principals - more fashionable than thou - and the schedufreude of some mags which seem to function on 'guess which female celeb is looking rough at the mo'' principals. We are our worst enemies sometimes as a gender and need to do something about it.

Good post.

I'm a big fan of Kelly - but others too, that seem to be like her. Lisa Snowdon is one that springs to mind. She never seems to slag off other women, don't suppose she has any need to. &she doesn't seem desperate for a man either, but knows she's gorgeous and could get one when she wants one. She dated George Clooney after all!
    but she seems happy when she's single also.

Myleen strikes me as a bit like that too. Never heard her bad mouthing any other celeb, female or otherwise.

Disclaimer: I could be totally wrong on all of the above of course! :o:p
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    I agree that the important thing here about body size and shape apart from being healthy is to be happy with yourself and confident that you look great.

Yes, being fit and healthy is what matters, regardless of what size clothing you happen to fit into. And as long as that criteria applies to both those who are naturally 'smaller' as well as those who are naturally 'larger', then we can all move forward.

And the sooner that grotesquely moronic term - 'real women' - (as trotted out recently by diet & fitness guru Natalie Cassidy) disappears, the better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My friend is a "zero" (UK 4) and she's perfectly healthy. She's just got a tiny frame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

@LAO

BIB I hate this notion that if you are small its because youre starving yourself on a daily basis. Im a small size eight and eat perfectly normally. I also have curves. Im only 5 foot 1 though, and have a small frame, so I certainly don't look skinny.

And also the 'real women' thing....grrr. We're all 'real', just differently sized.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    She's now slammed Jodie Marsh for her 'slimming tablets' and claimed she's lied to her fans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2279285/Katie-Price-blasts-pill-peddling-Jodie-Marsh-selling-Semtex-slimming-tablets.html

As far as I'm aware it's protein powder, which most athletes/body builders use to give them extra protein, alongside a healthy diet and lots of training. Clearly Jodie didn't get a body like that by just popping a few pills. Does KP ever have any idea what she's writing about?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    She's now slammed Jodie Marsh for her 'slimming tablets' and claimed she's lied to her fans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2279285/Katie-Price-blasts-pill-peddling-Jodie-Marsh-selling-Semtex-slimming-tablets.html

As far as I'm aware it's protein powder, which most athletes/body builders use to give them extra protein, alongside a healthy diet and lots of training. Clearly Jodie didn't get a body like that by just popping a few pills. Does KP ever have any idea what she's writing about?

She really needs to not have a pop at other women.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, being fit and healthy is what matters, regardless of what size clothing you happen to fit into. And as long as that criteria applies to both those who are naturally 'smaller' as well as those who are naturally 'larger', then we can all move forward.

And the sooner that grotesquely moronic term - 'real women' - (as trotted out recently by diet & fitness guru Natalie Cassidy) disappears, the better.

I hear you - and one of my small daughters best friends is this little girl who is obviously healthy but very slight - her mum is a petite lady too - the B**locks Mass Index will no doubt say she's underweight when she grows up and it will be wrong and give the poor girl a complex - on the other hand a friend of ours has a daughter who is six months younger and already a little ball of muscle who is obviously not going to resemble Kylie and will no doubt be given complexes about being overweight - her older sister who (si slighter than she is) has already been mis-labelled as overweight by the bs M I.

The problem is that the naturally slight get stick by the natural stocky get fed up of being told they should look like them but as a former boss of mine said 'no one should tell you what you should look like' - I think most people know if you are eating sensible and taking enough exercise beyond and even not beyond that - as far as I'm concerned if I want to over-eat then it's not up to the fashion industry to make me feel rubbish over it.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jordan is just abusing her column in the Sun,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In answer to your question, no. KP is, as usual, shouting her mouth off. If I said she was ill-informed, I'd be giving her the benefit of the doubt. She is, in actual fact, just thick and stupid. Perfect for that 'family' 'news' paper.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Sadly, according to a magazine poll, 97% of women they asked think size 12 is fat and 60% think size zero (UK size 4) is attractive. KPs comments are only adding fuel to a fire that is already burning,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1547046/Size-12-is-too-fat-for-young-women.html

Very sad that women think that way. Size 12 is in no way overweight. I was a size 12 and didn't consider myself fat. I slimmed down a dress size because I wanted to tone up and I hit the gym. Never did I think I was too big though and never did anyone call me 'fat.'

Katie Price is a disgusting example of a woman. She does nothing but bitch and moan. She treats her husbands disgustingly, talks to her mother like dirt and regularly verbally abuses other women. She seriously needs to look at herself, get a bit of happiness in her life and even see a flipping therapist.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One can't help but picture the future, Price with her face hanging off at 72 years of age bitching about other younger women or will she be long forgotten by then?

No doubt still pulling crackers out of her bag, such as, "When I was younger every man wanted me, they still do," and "Harry Styles wanted me, but I turned him down, no one knew about this at the time, in fact he called me the other day, begging for a date," she stated while her teeth re positioned themselves and her wig fell off. The woman is delusional and will continue to ruin herself with all this surgery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad that women think that way. Size 12 is in no way overweight. I was a size 12 and didn't consider myself fat. I slimmed down a dress size because I wanted to tone up and I hit the gym. Never did I think I was too big though and never did anyone call me 'fat.'

Katie Price is a disgusting example of a woman. She does nothing but bitch and moan. She treats her husbands disgustingly, talks to her mother like dirt and regularly verbally abuses other women. She seriously needs to look at herself, get a bit of happiness in her life and even see a flipping therapist.

When I was teenager I was really happy if I get into a size 12 - it happened occasionally and only ever with the bottom halves - I was too busty to get tops in size 12 that fitted the smallest size I ever managed there was a size 14. This was when I was aged 16 and going out on my bike a lot. So by the laws these days I was a hopeless lard arse no matter what I did - way to encourage eating disorders - on yes and the BMI states I should have been nine and half stone - which I never got to either. I look at photos of myself now when I was aged 18 at uni - and I looked pretty good - now I am overweight.
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kellys totally natural and normal unlike Katie.

Shes nice too as a friend was on a train and Kelly got on and loads of people got up and offered kelly there seat and she just said no im good thanks and stood the rest of the journey chatting and signing autographs to the other passengers.

Id say katie is jelous of Kelly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    omfg, the plastic, overbotoxed c*** has the cheek to call someone else a hiefer... she is unf*ckable she is that disgusting.
  • xenosysxenosys Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful excuse for a human being. Although impossible, I wish she would just disappear from the public eye completely. The UK certainly wouldn't miss her "insightful" comments on otherwise beautiful women.

If Carlsberg made malicious, jealous, spiteful people ...

She has the cheek to complain that people react negatively when all she was trying to do was make an observation. It's bad enough when people don't engage brain before mouth, but it's a newspaper article and therefore pre-meditated, it just exacerbates the situation, and therefore makes her look even more stupid than she already is.
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just read the whole thread.
    im a size 12/14 and a round 9 1/2 stone
    if Kellys fat at roughly size 10 i wounder what KP would think of me or probably most of the population of women in the world?

also i thought a heffer was like Hephalump like an elephant like creature