John McCririck loses age discrimination case.

GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
Forum Member
"No, Mr. McCririck, we didn't sack you because of your age - we sacked you because you're an unlikeable chauvinistic cock-end."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2505995/Racing-pundit-John-McCririck-loses-age-discrimination-case-Channel-4-employment-tribunal.html

Comments

• SpotSpot Posts: 25,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have thought that as he must have been freelance, he would not have had the rights of a normal employee anyway. Many people who appear on radio and TV are sacked for no discernible reason and just have to accept it and move on.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    "No, Mr. McCririck, we didn't sack you because of your age - we sacked you because you're an unlikeable chauvinistic cock-end."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2505995/Racing-pundit-John-McCririck-loses-age-discrimination-case-Channel-4-employment-tribunal.html

Yep totally agree with you
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will be a blow to his ego. He's very arrogant and chauvinistic once he gets going.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Good... the guys a dick
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Now who's the boobie? :D
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I met him once at Newmarket when he came to ask someone we were with to go for an interview for TV.

He was his ebullient self but totally polite and had very good manners which actually belies his usual belligerent self. His clothes and his wife's looked as they had seen better days and were quite odd and seedy

He now must retire, he can make money on the dinner Speech circuit and tell stories like other sportsmen for quite a fee, so it doesn't look as if he will starve.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I met him once at Newmarket when he came to ask someone we were with to go for an interview for TV.

He was his ebullient self but totally polite and had very good manners which actually belies his usual belligerent self. His clothes and his wife's looked as they had seen better days and were quite odd and seedy

He now must retire, he can make money on the dinner Speech circuit and tell stories like other sportsmen for quite a fee, so it doesn't look as if he will starve.
    He'll probably turn up on I'm A Celebrity next week!
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    He'll probably turn up on I'm A Celebrity next week!

Oh god please no :mad:
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was stupid and selfish to pursue the case when so many people of 'working age' are out of work. Really, really glad he lost.:sleep:
  • nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    Oh god please no :mad:

That's would be soo funny! i so would watch that.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw that Wife Swap he did with Edwina Currie.

Can't stand either of them, but I bet I wasn't the only one rooting for Edwina!
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's would be soo funny! i so would watch that.

He'd probably enjoy eating all the bugs, they'd fill him up more than his picking his nose and eating it. Plus he gets to ogle bikini clad girls so it's a win/win situation for him.
  • Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am just glad I can now watch channel 4 racing without his idiotic comments!
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's one person I'm glad to see be a loser in some way. The man is disgusting beyond belief.
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    whether you like or loath him the bigger story is the breath taking hypocrisy of C4...they were shocked and fed up with his views on women and "general obnoxious" behaviour yet were more than happy to milk this for ratings and money by having him on their programmes i.e Big Brother . I'm in no way a fan of him or his views but C4 are the baddie in this case .
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    whether you like or loath him the bigger story is the breath taking hypocrisy of C4...they were shocked and fed up with his views on women and "general obnoxious" behaviour yet were more than happy to milk this for ratings and money by having him on their programmes i.e Big Brother . I'm in no way a fan of him or his views but C4 are the baddie in this case .

Bingo.

It's like the tabloids, shocked and outraged about kids seeing girlie mags and the 'death of childhood' one minute but extolling the virtues of endless celebrity flesh, boob jobs n glamour girls. Then raking up fine detail of peoples sex lives (which are really of no concern to the nation) the next.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »

That was years ago. He might have been making worse and very sexist comments not long before he got the sack. The people at the top at Channel 4 now might not be the ones that were there when he was on Celebrity Big Brother.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    That was years ago. He might have been making worse and very sexist comments not long before he got the sack. The people at the top at Channel 4 now might not be the ones that were there when he was on Celebrity Big Brother.

Lol, the mercenary nature of business now means they'd probably have him back on a show as a sweetner!
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always liked him
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good. I never ever want to see him on TV again
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'd probably enjoy eating all the bugs, they'd fill him up more than his picking his nose and eating it. Plus he gets to ogle bikini clad girls so it's a win/win situation for him.

:eek: The one and only time I actually threw up watching a tv programme. I was traumatised beyond belief. He is utterly repellent & repugnant in every way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really a fan of the fella or racing for that matter . . . .

I kinda feel sorry for him tho', taking on C4 & losing at his age in life . . . .

The court case must've cost him a few dollars . . . .
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hes a bell :p
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man is disgusting. His stint on BB was an eye opener.
    Previously I thought him just a silly old duffer with an odd sense of style,but watching him rolling around in his huge undercrackers picking his neb and being obnoxious put me right off the guy.
    He'll do fine for occasional work and I'm sure he has a nice amount stashed away from his halcyon days as a racing pundit.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    He was stupid and selfish to pursue the case when so many people of 'working age' are out of work. Really, really glad he lost.:sleep:

But if no one ever pursues these types of cases then there is less chance of people pursuing them in the future.

The problem is that a case such as this is so difficult to prove.