Top Gear

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what song was playing when Jeremy was driving the E Type Jag down the country roads? :confused:
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    he obviously didn't spot the upside down union flag on the cliff.

D'oh

Wonder who was in distress?
  • GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    Yes, but it wouldn't start - so you wouldn't need to buy any petrol!

K

I think I'd have enough spare change to take out Green Flag or AA membership!
  • ubermanuberman Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stats are useless if the models are all lumped together

BTW....no such thing as a Fiat 500 Diesel :eek:

Aha, I've just found out the Fiat 500 Diesel is a special edition for the Diesel Clothing Brand :) so it's a Fiat 500 Diesel that runs on petrol :p
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    Can't get onto that howmanyleft site.

I wanted to look up the Fiat Strada. I think I've seen one in the last 5 years.

I love Alice Cooper. Don't like his songs too much but I love him.

I went to look at a second-hand one that some bloke was selling, in '88.

I won't tell you what I bought instead, it was worse than a Strada, though.

A lot worse.
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't they do that "racing a car against an ice run" thing in a previous series (or maybe a special)? Rhetorical question; I *know* they did. I thought it lacked imagination.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not bad not great but not bad, didn't mind the ice/rally challenge as I like the rush of young women on high speed tea-trays. The Jaguar feature once again shows where the shows strengths tend to lie while not being exploited fully. I could have had a whole programme on the 50th anniversary of such a car.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    he obviously didn't spot the upside down union flag on the cliff.

D'oh

Upside down? Really? It looks to be correct to me. :confused:

http://i51.tinypic.com/6dzqkm.jpg
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You better tell Fiat that - they've been flogging them for 3 years
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Top Gear! I can't drive, but love it regardless.
  • danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Upside down? Really? It looks to be correct to me. :confused:

http://i51.tinypic.com/6dzqkm.jpg

Yep that's upside down :D
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katherine wrote: »
    It's even better if you've had some time away - I didn't watch any of the last series (in spite of being a big fan) and, seeing the first show tonight, it seems as good as it ever was.

Same! I haven't watched it for a good while and it seemed quite good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    Stats are useless if the models are all lumped together

uberman wrote: »
    Aha, I've just found out the Fiat 500 Diesel is a special edition for the Diesel Clothing Brand :) so it's a Fiat 500 Diesel that runs on petrol :p

There is actually a Fiat 500 1.3 Diesel.

But yes, the Diesel branded 500 was sometimes petrol powered. There was a Petrol Diesel and a Diesel Diesel. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danleto wrote: »
    Yep that's upside down :D

Only if the flagpole was on the right hand side and the flag was viewed from the cliff side, rather than the view as shown

Assuming the hoist to the left, the red band of St Patrick (the diagonal red band) should, to the left side of the flag, be to the lower part of the white band of the St Andrew's cross....which it is.

Without a flagpole there's really no real correct view, but, to most people looking at the image, It's the right way up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah ha, " don't watch it then " , that favourite whiskery old riposte.

I don't think you have quite grasped the concept of a "Discussion Board " have you ?

Ah yes, the old "don't think you have quite grasped the concept of a "Discussion Board" riposte "

I don't think you've quite grasped the concept of not discussing a programme you don't watch

And the concept of not watching a programme you don't like

Unless, of course, your only purpose is to watch a programme you don't like, so you can "discuss" it and stir up a shit storm so you can watch the results of your work

Some people call that "discussion".

Some people call it "masturbation"

Some people have more important things to do with their lives than indulge it
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    northlad wrote: »
    Think this programme should be put to rest, just not as good as it used to be.
    Maybe you should be watching something else then, I'm loving it, and would prefer it NOT to be put to rest!
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone notice the original poster hasn't discussed the show now it's been on.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its as bad as "Tif Needell & some bloke youve never heard of doing the same thing on 5 th Gear.
  • lozloz Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much did BMW pay to sponsor last night's episode? :)
    BMW 1M, BMW Mini, Skeleton bob with prominent BMW logo.
    All it needed to round it off was a BMW Rolls Royce as part of the 'pride of Britain" segment at the end...
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad return. Much less 'spontaneuous' nonsense. A car was tested that some could remotely afford. Was Alice Cooper interesting? I can't bear Jeremy's interviews so fast forwarded through that, and they once we'd got the gag about him drolling over the sledge lady, he didn't need to go on, it stopped being funny and became creepy.
  • lozloz Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu0rt wrote: »
    Didn't they do that "racing a car against an ice run" thing in a previous series (or maybe a special)? Rhetorical question; I *know* they did. I thought it lacked imagination.
    mike65 wrote: »
    Not bad not great but not bad, didn't mind the ice/rally challenge as I like the rush of young women on high speed tea-trays.

I am guessing the whole thing was prompted by BMW. After all it was a BMW mini vs a BMW sponsored athlete, with her BMW sponsor's logo prominently displayed.

I can't believe the TG production team came up with the idea and then never noticed the coincidence that they were both made and sponsored by BMW.

Great segment though. :)
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Katherine wrote: »
    It's even better if you've had some time away - I didn't watch any of the last series (in spite of being a big fan) and, seeing the first show tonight, it seems as good as it ever was.

Funny that there was no mention or jokes about Clarkson's alleged more unsavoury antics?
    Otherwise the show was the same old same old but a bit tamer it seemed and, dare I say, better for that.
    :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll agree that the show lacks any sort of useful road testing of every day cars these days - once per series we'll have Jezza hooning around in the new Fiesta or driving a Renault off a pier in Belfast (with Ross Kemp in the boot) - and I'd like to see an episode or two out of the 6 looking at cars we can afford rather than a monster truck in South Africa.

Otherwise, its the only thing I watch on TV, the rest I'm forced to watch by the missus.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    I'll agree that the show lacks any sort of useful road testing of every day cars these days - once per series we'll have Jezza hooning around in the new Fiesta or driving a Renault off a pier in Belfast - and I'd like to see an episode or two out of the 6 looking at cars we can afford rather than a monster truck in South Africa.

Otherwise, its the only thing I watch on TV, the rest I'm forced to watch by the missus.[/QUOTE]

That's a terrible indictment of marriage (assuming you're married?).
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed this. Is it repeated during the week at all ?
This discussion has been closed.