Weight Loss Thread - 2013 Edition

Comments

• BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in, currently 178lb and im trying to get to 150lb within 2 months, TTC so hopefully il be able to lose the weight
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bellarooo wrote: »
    I'm in, currently 178lb and im trying to get to 150lb within 2 months, TTC so hopefully il be able to lose the weight

28lbs in 8 weeks? yikes!
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    According to the first one, I should be 9 stone :eek:
    The second one says 9st 7 - 10st 7
    The third says 9st 11

If I was 9 stone, I would look scrawny and ill! Think I'll aim for somewhere at the top of the second one!

I tried the first one and it said I should be 8 stone 5, I was 8 stone 6 about 6 years ago and I look almost far too thin, I know I have a few stone to lose but I would not want to be that skinny again.not at my age,
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Welcome and good luck to NormandyMary and all other joiners.

I think we're agreed that online sites that say how much you should weigh are highly inconsistent :)
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not even heading for a particular weight - just want to feel better and get clothes easier, once I can do that I will just find what feels best for me. I am never going to be thin just thinner than I am now.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    I'm not even heading for a particular weight - just want to feel better and get clothes easier, once I can do that I will just find what feels best for me. I am never going to be thin just thinner than I am now.
    Thats what I want to do just lose something, not heading for a weight, Ive lost 4 lb in this first week so its a start :)
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    Isn't the point that everyone has a 2-21/2 stone healthy weight range anyway so anything that attempts to specify one particular weight is by definition going to be inaccurate?

But you'd think that if they were giving a range, that the middle numbers would more or less match. And when they're giving a single recommendation, I'd think that would match as well.

I'm only now just inside the upper limit of most 'healthy' ranges.
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't think that. A range is just what is says - a range. The idea that anyone should be a set weight to a particular pound or kilo in order to be healthy is, frankly, ridiculous. Even the GP just gives a range.

It's not a problem that they give a range. As you say, that will be expected. The problem is that the ranges are not consistent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    Today's weigh-in.

A very disappointing 14st 6lb. Only 1lb lost. :(:(

Not really sure what to make of that. I've continued the exercise and better eating. Decent meals at decent times. Zero take aways. Zero beer. Zero snacky rubbish.

Bloody annoyed quite frankly.

Start: 15st 2lb
    Last: 14st 6lb
    Today:14st 4lb. Another 2lb dropped. :D

Would have liked it to have been a little more but I'm still going in the right direction. The intermediate goal of getting under 14st for the first time in years is tantalisingly close now. Almost made it to a stone in just over a month.

A while back I tried on an older pair of jeans that were too tight to even close. I'm now wearing those jeans and they are actually getting loose themselves now. I'm pretty happy with that.

According to the NHS BMI calculator I would need to be 10st to be comfortably in the healthy BMI range. Good grief :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I've put on 1/4lb this week. Slightly disappointed but also slightly pleased as it has been my cycle week and I've missed a couple of days exercising as I've been out til 6ish at night and then not felt like it. My skin is looking a little better so I hope all the water I've been drinking and veg I've been eating is starting to pay off!

Well done to everyone who has lost, and don't get too disheartened to those who haven't/put on... we can do this!! Hope everyone has a good week, I'm feeling more positive now that the sun is out a little :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably you want to be within your healthy weight range though? That's what I'd like to be - but given that I've never really been within it as an adult I don't know how likely that is. First stop is to get into the overweight range! :o

Not necessarily, I have been obese since I was two years old I don't have any reference point to look back on for a healthy weight. I am not sure Doctors even know what is healthy these days looking at some of the people descibed as obese.
  • PhilT1808PhilT1808 Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think I'd stick to my new year's resolution but so far so good:

Start: 15st
    Now: 13st12

Very happy with 1st 2lbs lost!!

Another 6 pounds and I'm where I want to be.

Even better, I'm back to a 34 inch waist which I haven't been for years :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Phil !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weigh in this morning 1.8lb loss.
    Forum Member
    Well done Molliepops and everyone who has lost weight. Good luck to everyone.
    Forum Member
    Edit: I've only eaten 800 kcal so far today, so 1000 left. However, when I do this, I do feel quite hungry at this time of day and it's a couple of hours until dinner. Just ate a small gherkin, that'll help a bit :)
  • lulu25lulu25 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello,

Can I join please? I have lost around 8 pounds since 9th Jan, I want to lose around 4 st but at the moment I am aiming for 2 1/2 stone to put me back in the 'normal' weight range for my height.

I am trying to stick to around 1200 calories per day and am doing Josie Gibsons 30 seconds slim 4-5 times a weeks I am still on the beginners workout but reckon I will be able to move onto the next level in the next couple of weeks.

Thought if I joined here it might help to keep me motivated :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome lulu, just jump in !
    Forum Member
    Welcome to Lulu, and good luck to Striing (? for some reason I can't zoom this page on android and check the spelling) for getting back on the 'wagon'.
    Forum Member
    Okay I put on this week for the first time. I'm back where I was a couple of weeks ago. On the plus side it means I've lost 1 stone in the first 7 weeks of this year - which I know is about right. Trouble is I'm getting impatient with it. Even though I know sustainable weight loss is best I'm struggling with the images of 'I lost 4 stone in 4 months' that seem to be everywhere. :o And with the fact that other people seem to be able to wear smaller clothes with a few pounds weight loss and it really doesn't make a lot of difference on me.

Gonna keep going though - aiming for another stone in the next 7 weeks - even though I know I'll still be in the same clothes!

I sympathise with the self-comparisons to people who are losing weight fast. The research I did earlier in the year convinced me that sensible weight loss is best, even if it takes a long time.

Unfortunately however I can now fit into clothes that I couldn't before. I tried on some trousers I hadn't worn in a decade. Tight, but wearable. So, I'll apologise for that :)
    Forum Member
    838 calories so far today, and I feel fine. I'm planning to have the same dinner as last night, because I enjoyed it, and it gave me a lot of dinner fullness per calorie. It was:

2x Linda McCartney Red Onion and Rosemary Sausages
    Mashed potato including 275g raw potato per my portion, plus marg and a little soya milk
    Boiled (frozen peas) and cabbage.
    Stewed (leek, courgette, mushrooms, including 1tbsp tomato purée, 1/2 stock cube, herbs, garlic)
    1tbs Heinz ketchup
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seemingly lost a stone this week. I had to ask my dad if he'd adjusted the scales as I had pizza and chips Saturday, albeit a thin one. I did walk the dog twice so maybe that helped.

I've ordered some of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Forza-Raspberry-Ketone-Strength-Capsules/dp/B00AF94E6W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361291423&sr=8-1 from amazon after hearing good things about them. I'm not expecting much but it doesn't hurt to try. I'm still going to diet and exercise.
    Forum Member
    Julzei wrote: »
    I've seemingly lost a stone this week. I had to ask my dad if he'd adjusted the scales as I had pizza and chips Saturday, albeit a thin one. I did walk the dog twice so maybe that helped.

A stone in a week :eek::eek::eek:

I would definitely cross-check against other scales. And if you have lost that much, see a doctor.
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WinterFire wrote: »
    A stone in a week :eek::eek::eek:

I would definitely cross-check against other scales. And if you have lost that much, see a doctor.

I have been going to the toilet a lot as well. :o
  • Just VogueJust Vogue Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Julzei wrote: »

I've ordered some of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Forza-Raspberry-Ketone-Strength-Capsules/dp/B00AF94E6W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361291423&sr=8-1 from amazon after hearing good things about them. I'm not expecting much but it doesn't hurt to try. I'm still going to diet and exercise.

I had this exact same problem a few weeks back, I'd gone down from 11 stone 5 to around 10 stone 7 in just a week... I was really pleased to but got really worried about it.

Few days later I'd realised I had been getting an awful lot of headaches and it hit me that since I've started dieting I had been drinking considerably less fluids. Upped my fluids and within two days my weight had shot back up to 11 stone 4!

So try drinking a bit more water, you might just be dehydrated and confusing it with hunger because you're dieting. I'm guessing that's what I did!