humax box recording problem

when recording some channels, I find that i can't watch another. It seems completely random. e.g. I was recording bbc one today and I couldn't watch itv2 at the same time (the circle with a line through shows up on the right hand top corner) but could watch itv2 + 1. Also when I changed channel and then went back to bbc one, the channel number had changed from 101 to I think it was 968 (in the geographical set of numbers). I'm sorry if I'm not being very clear but the whole thing doesn't fall into any sort of pattern that gives me a clue to what the problem may be. Incidentally, the two tuners are correctly connected and the quality and strength of signal are 100% for all.

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you installed the box with one cable and then added the second so the box still thinks it's only got one cable.

Do a reset to factory defaults and watch for the two cables found message. If you see this then you should be OK.

After the reset try starting a recording on BBC1-HD (108), start a second on BBC1-HD (109). Tune to any other channel and press pause. If you can pause any 3rd channel the box is working correctly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    thanks so much grahamlthompson. I have taken the steps you have advised and that seems to have cleared the problem. thanks for your time and have a virtual pint on me. :-)