What NetBook is considered the “Iphone” of the NetBook World?

As in which NetBook is the most popular/best.

P.S I personally don't believe that the Iphone is the best smartphone, But I'm sure the majority of you would agree that the majority of people out there think that the Iphone is currently the best smartphone.

Comments

• DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there is one. Asus, Samsung, Acer and MSI have all produced very good netbooks over the past few years, however the netbook market has suffered a massive slump due to increased tablet sales. I wouldn't expect them to be readily available in local stores in a couple of years time.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend got a Samsung, Nf110 or something like that and it is really good for what it is. She got it from CEX. May not be the Iphone of the netbook market, but it is pretty close.

That depends on your view of the Iphone, the iphone is ok, but It is over priced and over hyped. i think some people have the Iphone because they think it sounds good when they say they got a Iphone.

If the phone does what you want then it is a good phone, the same with a netbook, if it does what you want then it is a good netbook.

Sadly as been said it seems like netbook are going out because people think they can manage with these silly pad things.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    A friend got a Samsung, Nf110 or something like that and it is really good for what it is. She got it from CEX. May not be the Iphone of the netbook market, but it is pretty close.

That depends on your view of the Iphone, the iphone is ok, but It is over priced and over hyped. i think some people have the Iphone because they think it sounds good when they say they got a Iphone.

If the phone does what you want then it is a good phone, the same with a netbook, if it does what you want then it is a good netbook.

Sadly as been said it seems like netbook are going out because people think they can manage with these silly pad things.

Yeah I had hoped Windows RT devices would take their place but they don't seem to have.

I was on the market for a cheap "Under £200" netbook with good battery but there isn't a lot of choice. I came to the conclusion the the Asus Eee PC 1025C was probably the best due to its fast N2800 Atom dual core 1.86 Ghz.

It's only issue is it comes with 1GB RAM and is a pain to upgrade. People who have upgraded to 4GB have said its pretty good.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say the sony vaio netbooks fit the category of "overpriced but pretty" quite well ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a 173 page thread based enthusing about an Acer 522. No doubt there are more powerful Netbooks about now but it does seem like a very popular model at the time.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/549760-amd-c-50-cpu-6250-gpu-performance-acer-522-review-173.html
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FWIW I offer two extremes, depending on the sense in which the OP meant "iPhone":
    Overpriced with the brand name as the most important feature: MacBook Air.
    Popular: Acer Chromebook.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    John259 wrote: »
    FWIW I offer two extremes, depending on the sense in which the OP meant "iPhone":
    Overpriced with the brand name as the most important feature: MacBook Air.
    Popular: Acer Chromebook.

Since when has a Chromebook been popular? :D
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    Since when has a Chromebook been popular? :D
    "As of May 2013, the Samsung Series 3 Chromebook has led Amazon's list of best-selling laptops, a position it established when it launched in October 2012."
    - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromebook
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    John259 wrote: »
    "As of May 2013, the Samsung Series 3 Chromebook has led Amazon's list of best-selling laptops, a position it established when it launched in October 2012."
    - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromebook

My 2013 is not until tomorrow! LOL

If you look on Amazon UK just now its in 2nd place as well and even then I don't see it as a popular product. When the man on the street knows what one is that's when it's popular.
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This report would suggest chrome books are not that popular.

I think net books are a dying breed but I do see a gap appearing in the low end sector for hybrid android touch tablets with better mouse and keyboard support. Especially given the lukewarm reception of the new windows 8.