Mongrels BBC3

Comments

• NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smile371 wrote: »
    This is confusing :p I've just recieved an email from Play to say that Mongrels is now available to pre-order http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/21859886/0/Mongrels-Series-2/ListingDetails.html

How strange! Didn't want to get your guys hopes up but might be a bit of good news :)

That's weird, I'm not gonna hold my breath just in case it's some kind of glitch but still. :eek:
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    A dvd release was given a placeholder spot on Amazon during the run of Series 2, yet failed to materialise. Six months after the show finished airing, we asked the bods at @bbccomedy on Twitter what was happening, and they confirmed: “There’s currently no plans to bring Mongrels 2 out on DVD, but it is available on download – for example on iTunes.”
    Possibly Play has done the same and had it prepared but have no taken it off the system
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could the production company liaise with another company and get it out onto DVD that way? If 2Entertain aren't going to release... go via Acorn, Contender etc?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or could UKTV buy it and run it on Dave?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course - if and when it goes live - there might always be Operation Barcelona...

I REFUSE to have Apple clients buggering up my remote-work machine... and I want to watch the programme on my telly without hassle, dammit! That means a DVD release! Or let me buy it through Blinkbox.

If BArcelona gets off the ground, and there's an access-everything-for-monthly-fee option.. that'll be an OK compromise... but Evans' actions are STUPID!
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a kick in the balls that is!:eek: At least give those of us who did enjoy the series a DVD release!:mad:
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Possibly Play has done the same and had it prepared but have no taken it off the system

It was only added last night, i'd signed up to be notified when it became available for Pre-order, and i'd checked the site last week and it had no date before then.
    Forum Member
    smile371 wrote: »
    It was only added last night, i'd signed up to be notified when it became available for Pre-order, and i'd checked the site last week and it had no date before then.
    It may have just been automatic though. When they first got the details they put it into the system to activte on that date.
    And even though it has been cancelled the entry wasn't removed from the database.

Just a guess
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK - after phoning round several BBC depts - I've got an address for us to start writing in to try to get this sorted...

It's a dead-tree address..so letters.

BBC Commissioning Editor
    3rd Floor
    2Entertain Ltd
    33 Foley Street
    London W1W 7TL.

recoomend people get writing - and probably ask for a Complete Series 1 And 2 set on DVD and Blu.
  • tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks as though Season 2 episodes have just started to be submitted to the British Board of Film Classification for DVD release. I can't see the point of doing that if it isn't going to be released

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/search/?searchwhere=db&q=mongrels
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    Mr Bennett really shouldn't have cut this series, comedy shows which prove to be legendary always have an actual streak of humour, which this had in bucketloads and always struggle at the beginning. Look at Only Fools and Horses, Spitting Image etc.

Even now, they are getting messages on their Facebook page diaplying people's dismay - and this is 8 months on!
  • tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Wikipedia, Zai Bennett started his career in the post room at Carlton Television. He should have stayed there. Another one together with Danny Cohen to line up against the wall come the revolution.

Note to legal department: I don't mean that literally. It's figurative.
  • Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia, Zai Bennett started his career in the post room at Carlton Television. He should have stayed there. Another one together with Danny Cohen to line up against the wall come the revolution.

Note to legal department: I don't mean that literally. It's figurative.
    About as figurative as the fate of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's marketing division?
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame there is no Blu-Ray version of Series two though.
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's my Christmas presents sorted out for daughter:D
  • Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    That's my Christmas presents sorted out for daughter:D

....and for mine! :D
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my best Nelson voice:

"Now THAT is a fine decision!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Received mine - although I still had the episodes on my older PVR>.

Apropos of nothing - I single-framed the "The Coop" trail...

LMAO...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the wikipedia page there is supposedly a Blu Ray release of Series 2 in the production line, but how true that is, we will have to wait and see. I'd love to get it, as the difference between the Blu Ray and DVD is quite shocking.

At any rate, I bought the DVD to support them, and in case the BBC only do a limited number of them, and it becomes impossible to obtain. I.e, Farscape.
    Forum Member
    Dave is showing Mongrels starting Friday night
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait to watch Mongrels on Dave. HD by default too!

Be nice if Dave decided to try get a third series comissioned but I doubt it'll get enough viewship.

I didn't even know it was on until I just read the EPG - so not exactly publicised.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It felt good to see Mongrels back on TV again, I forgot how much I missed Nelson. :D
  • David_TownsonDavid_Townson Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    It's on again tonight; episode 1 at 1.55am, episode 2 at 2.25am.
    Just hope they don't butcher them to put ad breaks in!
    :confused: