Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    RetroSpecs wrote: Po Face rocked. She's certainly up there....not that I've ever actually tried to put a list of favourite characters together.

It is good to see from this discussion how much people enjoyed and still enjoy the character of Mrs. Powell in PCBH. Nice to see Joyce being mentioned too. :D
    RetroSpecs wrote: I'm genuinely surprised just how much I'm enjoying this recent rewatch...Forgotten just how much I love the show.

There could be many more fans of PCBH if it were shown again from start to finish on national television at the same time in all regions across the UK. :)
  • zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Colleen Powell is in my top 10 favourite characters

She was great, Joan and Jim just edge her as far as the officers go for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Poor Mouse. She was a comical character and deserved a better exit than running down the corridor of H block in flames. It had the desired shocking effect, though.

Yeah I loved Mouse :(
  • BirdsworthBirdsworth Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was great, Joan and Jim just edge her as far as the officers go for me.

Po-Face definitely was the Master (or Mistress) of the put-down. Judith McGrath's delivery and the great lines they wrote for her could put the scariest inmates (and officers) firmly in their place.
    I don't recall a huge amount of interaction between her and the Freak, but do remember her being justabout the only other character that could handle Joan without getting her fingers burnt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Birdsworth wrote: »
    Po-Face definitely was the Master (or Mistress) of the put-down. Judith McGrath's delivery and the great lines they wrote for her could put the scariest inmates (and officers) firmly in their place.
    I don't recall a huge amount of interaction between her and the Freak, but do remember her being justabout the only other character that could handle Joan without getting her fingers burnt.

Where I am up to there is quite a lot of interaction between them, it's just after Nola Mckenzie was killed. I love the fact that they don't even try to pretend to like each other :)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Coleen once try to bring the Freak down after she gave Chrissie that bad beating?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Coleen once try to bring the Freak down after she gave Chrissie that bad beating?

I'm not sure. I think she was in on it when Ann Reynolds and Steve Faulkner were trying to set the Freak up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching the episodes when Edna Pearson comes into it, they are good episodes and have a good cast, although Dot Farrah is quite annoying. I know Shane is annoying but I find him quite funny as well. I liked Marlene, she has just started her aerobics in the Rec room, which only lasted about two episodes I think.

A ridiculous line just now when the Freak says to Marlene "I hear you don't like pain" who does :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think my fave Joan/Colleen moment is after Joan has goaded Bea into nearly attacking her and Colleen arrives at the very moment. Joan is very smug at this point thinking the deputy governor will back her up and it will look even worse for Smith.Colleen takes Joan outside and calmly tells her she saw nothing and won't back her up if she reports it. Class moment!!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    I think my fave Joan/Colleen moment is after Joan has goaded Bea into nearly attacking her and Colleen arrives at the very moment. Joan is very smug at this point thinking the deputy governor will back her up and it will look even worse for Smith.Colleen takes Joan outside and calmly tells her she saw nothing and won't back her up if she reports it. Class moment!!:)

Yeah I liked that moment.

I love it when Joan goes up to icelation looking for Barbara Fields, she shouts out Fields get out here now and Colleen is there instead of her, it's good to see The Freak squirming:D
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do people think of a scene in Prisoner in which a girl is seducing a guy and she keeps saying to him "come to mummy" or something like that.

I think it might be one of the most bizarre scenes in the series. :D
    I can't remember it, do you know who the characters were.

Remember the young guy who turns out to be a killer and tries to kill Meg. I think he might have been Marties mate from the navy.

I can't remember his name. I've only seen that era from the series once.

Anyway, before he goes to Meg's house and attacks her, there is a girl who tries to seduce him by saying something like 'come to mummy' , 'come to mummy'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    i miss this show - wish theyd start more re-runs

oh no not maxine!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember the young guy who turns out to be a killer and tries to kill Meg. I think he might have been Marties mate from the navy.

I can't remember his name. I've only seen that era from the series once.

Anyway, before he goes to Meg's house and attacks her, there is a girl who tries to seduce him by saying something like 'come to mummy' , 'come to mummy'.

Yes thanks, I know, who you mean now, can't remember his name though. I'm just coming up to that episode in my rewatching of them I think, I'm on episode 370, so I'll soon be seeing it again:eek:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey_mac wrote: »
    i miss this show - wish theyd start more re-runs

oh no not maxine!!

I'm sure she had her fans but I thought Maxine was blinking awful :D
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes thanks, I know, who you mean now, can't remember his name though. I'm just coming up to that episode in my rewatching of them I think, I'm on episode 370, so I'll soon be seeing it again:eek:.

Dennis Quinn
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up to 409 now
    • Cass has just beaten up 3 prisoners and The Freak in the shower block
    • Lizzie's final departure is close
    • 'That nice' Mr Bridges has just arrived
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Dennis Quinn

Ah thanks :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Up to 409 now
    • Cass has just beaten up 3 prisoners and The Freak in the shower block
    • Lizzie's final departure is close
    • 'That nice' Mr Bridges has just arrived

This is my favourite time of Prisoner, from about episode 406-418 is brilliant. Great characters The Freak, Sonia, Colleen, Cass, Ann etc and some great short term characters Brenda Hewitt, Randi Goodlove and of course that nice Mr Bridges :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Lou Kelly smacks Nora and makes her lose the baby and nobody does anything about it. I don't buy it, I know she's a nut job but I mean it doesn't take much to scare her, and Kath and Alice scram at the first sign of retalliation from people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quote of the series:

Nora Flynn - "I'm not Myra or Bea Smith..."

You said it sister!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Lou Kelly smacks Nora and makes her lose the baby and nobody does anything about it. I don't buy it, I know she's a nut job but I mean it doesn't take much to scare her, and Kath and Alice scram at the first sign of retalliation from people.

Yeah given how much Nora wanted a child I found it odd she never took revenge on Lou. Nora said before that she would kill if anyone harmed her baby yet when it happened she did nothing.

Out of the Barnhurst lot Mae probably would have been the best top dog but each of them aside from Daphne and Chuck were crap anyway!
  • RetroSpecsRetroSpecs Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Quote of the series:

Nora Flynn - "I'm not Myra or Bea Smith..."

You said it sister!

:D I don't often find myself agreeing with Lou Kelly, but every disparaging comment she makes about the council I second.
  • BirdsworthBirdsworth Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching the episodes when Edna Pearson comes into it, they are good episodes and have a good cast, although Dot Farrah is quite annoying. I know Shane is annoying but I find him quite funny as well. I liked Marlene, she has just started her aerobics in the Rec room, which only lasted about two episodes I think....

Dot Farrah was quite tiresome at times, but wasn't it her that came out with one of Prisoner's best ever lines:

Talking about the chef 'gay' Ray Proctor's cooking, she says "Well I don't know about sexual persuasion, but he certainly knows what to do with a sausage!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know sometimes they get attacked over nothing and other times big things happen and they don't do anything about it. I watched the episode when Phyllis pours the boiling water over Gloria:eek: the other week and frames Myra for it, and they hardly even say anything to her about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought Dot and Ettie would have been an interesting double act. Dot was annoying, a test replacement for Lizzie but I enjoyed her more than that 'me dears' creation. I think she has to be the worst character Prisoner introduced and her being top dog for a while was a joke.