It's gone sour at Nuts TV

Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,702
Forum Member
✭✭
http://rapidtvnews.com/index.php/200811232608/turner-in-nuts-tv-dispute.html

After making a big song and dance about building a special TV studio for the channel it is no longer needed as no new live content will be made.

Looks like they haven't made the money back to cover the outlay and are suing Turner for it......

Comments

• east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nuts TV is going next year anyway. It will be replaced on Freeview by CNN and on Sky it's just going. It'll be turned in to a mobile service.

The studio they had was great though, really really good. Shame it wasn't put to good use.
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was doomed from the start , surely they realise that 99% of their potential audience are online, on youtbe or playing PS3's ? and not hunting round the depths of sky channels for some half baked lame programme on NUTS tv
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nut TV was crap. I expected it to be like the old 'Men and Motors', It ended up being just another 'Sumo TV', but with some awful original content.
  • Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snapey999 wrote: »
    Nut TV was crap. I expected it to be like the old 'Men and Motors', It ended up being just another 'Sumo TV', but with some awful original content.

True, but atleast Sumo TV had the decency to screen Babecast for a while :D. Though Retro TV was kinda cool.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nuts TV was not too bad there's a few not bad shows on it:

The Fuzz (bit like Road Wars) and they had some interesting live sports like boxing and darts. The Italian football highlights were not bad.

I guess the brand works best as a magazine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I liked it for the football show on a Monday night even though it is also on Channel 4 but 4 show it on a friday night saturday morning at about 3am
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They thought the viewers would be idiotic enough to watch the crap they put out night after night. They expected to make money from putting on a bunch of bimbos and twenty-something male presenters with crap hair cuts speaking nonsense.
  • clintojclintoj Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Watched Nuts TV last night, UK Uncovered or something, must have been fairly new as Mario from this years big brother was on it.
    Thought the voiceover guy sounded like he'd had a few too many to drink or something, took me a while to realise it was a computer generated voiceover, I think it it was a computer generted David Hamilton.
    I guess they had made the program and written the script but didn't have the money to pay anyone to do the voiceover.

clintoj
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't quote as there's no way it would get past the DS swear filter, but it's worth reading Charlie Brooker's opinion of Nuts TV:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2008/dec/13/best-screen-burn-2008