Surface RT an “unmitigated disaster” and faces legal action

niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As an owner, and very occasional user of a Surface RT, I can see why it didn't take off. I really can't see who the target customer is for a tablet with such poor app support.

I only use it to watch movies these days.

http://www.telecoms.com/171192/microsoft-faces-claims-it-duped-investors-over-surface-rt-sales/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=microsoft-faces-claims-it-duped-investors-over-surface-rt-sales

Comments

• swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Weird I was thinking just this the other day and it was a little dodgy they had eluded to how well the RT was doing.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Not a good year for Microsoft, is it? I have a feeling Windows RT will be consigned to the tech scrapheap soon.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Microsoft need to fire their entire marketing department and hire some competent people to take over. Technically, the Surface is a very good tablet and has a lot of uses - particularly for business. But MS has done such a piss-poor job of actually informing customers of this fact.

I mean, what did we get? A bunch of people dancing around clicking keyboards into tablets. Then nothing. Compare that to the iPad adverts, which were all about showing you how easy it was to do certain functions.

Microsoft could still turn it around, but they need to learn how to actually SELL their products to people.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As an owner, and very occasional user of a Surface RT, I can see why it didn't take off. I really can't see who the target customer is for a tablet with such poor app support.

I only use it to watch movies these days.

http://www.telecoms.com/171192/microsoft-faces-claims-it-duped-investors-over-surface-rt-sales/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=microsoft-faces-claims-it-duped-investors-over-surface-rt-sales

It was always going to start off with poor app support, it seems to be improving though.

To be honest, a lot more of my activity is browser-based and the RT has a more functional browser than iPads courtesy of having Flash integrated.