Your best Tarantino film

RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Am I the only one that doesn't find his newer stuff that great?

Django Unchained wasn't all that for me (too long) and Inglorious Bastards wasn't memorable enough.

I must say though as much as I like his older stuff I don't like the Kill Bill's :eek: :o

Nothing beats Pulp Fiction for me.

Comments

• Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Pulp Fiction marked the peak of his powers for me, too.

Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained aren't bad films by any means but they are deeply flawed compared to the masterpiece that is Pulp Fiction.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen many of them. I went to see Reservoir Dogs three times at the cinema, and it's still a favourite, as is Pulp Fiction. I quite like Jackie Brown, too, even if it is a bit drawn out.

I kind of lost interest in his films after those three, though. I have seen both Kill Bills, but don't really like them much. Haven't seen his later films (accepting Sin City, if that counts. That's a great film.).
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction...if you can include his screenplays then From Dusk till Dawn.

Haven't liked anything since Pulp Fiction, unless you can count a little bit of directing on Sin City.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction...if you can include his screenplays then From Dusk till Dawn.

Haven't liked anything since Pulp Fiction, unless you can count a little bit of directing on Sin City.

I'll agree with this. Love From Dusk Till Dawn (so lets include that) and Sin City is a great film.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we are including screenplays then, I forgot about True Romance.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Dusk till Dawn is probably my favourite, even with the bad acting. Django Unchained a close second.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reservoir Dogs is still my favourite. It's a very tight, cohesive little story, great cast, great direction, amazing script. I think some of his later work has become a bit self indulgent and bloated, even though I still enjoy a lot of them.
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pulp Fiction was just great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've liked all of his films actually, albeit to varying extents. Though I think nothing else he's done has quite reached the heights of Pulp Fiction for me (it's the film where I got my username from too - "Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face." ;)). Still, Tarantino is one of my all-time favourite directors.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In order:

1. Reservoir Dogs
    2. Kill Bill
    3. Django Unchained
    4. Pulp Fiction
    5. Kill Bill vol. 2
    6. Inglorious Basterds
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resevoir Dogs. I really fancied Tim Roth in this.
  • babyshezbabyshez Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Django Unchained, it made me LOL :D
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely the Kill Bills. I like Pulp Fiction and Django as well and not so keen on the others
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like his films. Pulp fiction is my favourite too.

My least favourite are the Kill Bills but I still found them entertaining.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My order of preference.

1. Kill Bill, Volume 1
    2. Kill Bill, Volume 2
    3. Pulp Fiction
    4. Django Unchained
    5. Inglourious Basterds
    6. Jackie Brown
    7. Reservoir Dogs
    8. Grindhouse Death Proof
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pulp Fiction & Reservoir Dogs are my two favourite.

Haven't seen Jackie Brown or Inglorious Basterds, no Kill Bill 2 either, but than again didn't like Kill Bill.

And as for Django Unchained the least said the better.

Give me Rodriquez any day.
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Reservoir Dogs until I saw the original that it was
    ripped off from,then realised that it was a second rate pile
    of crap.Nothing else made by the egomaniac Tarantino has even
    started to impress me!
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    It's probably Pulp Fiction for me. That being said, I suppose that I can see the argument that the film is quite shallow and perhaps requires more depth to its storyline.

I'd put Reservoir Dogs in second place. It's probably the most human film that QT has ever made. The characterisation is the strongest, and the whole "honour amongst thieves" and how ultimately there is none marks the film out more.

I'd put Django Unchained in third place. It does have a zest and a verve that is missing in some of QT's later works. It does however, have some flaws - QT's cameo and it goes on for about 40 minutes to long. The whole ending is perhaps a bit problematic.

I'd put Inglorious B@stards in fourth place.

I'd didn't like the Kill Bill films and I haven't seen Grindhouse.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timebug wrote: »
    I liked Reservoir Dogs until I saw the original that it was
    ripped off from,then realised that it was a second rate pile
    of crap.Nothing else made by the egomaniac Tarantino has even
    started to impress me!

I also preferred City on Fire, if that is the movie you are referring to. One of my favourite movies.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Pulp Fiction is superb. Who would have thought such a derivative work would end up being so seminal, as many have attempted to copy it since.

The idea of focussing on two of the type of guys who might be the villain's henchmen in an action movie is very amusing. They speak a lot, but you realise that Jules and Vincent are actually really dumb, as their awe of Winston Wolff who saves their bacon, belies the fact that all he did was get them to clean the car and drive it to a scrapyard, obviously beyond their wit to think of that lol
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Reservoir Dogs
    2. Inglorious Basterds
    3. Kill Bill
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only seen both Kill Bills, Inglorious Bastards and Django Unchained. Inglorious Bastards is by far my fave out of all those, just fab.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    I've only seen both Kill Bills, Inglorious Bastards and Django Unchained. Inglorious Bastards is by far my fave out of all those, just fab.

I would put Inglorious Bastards just behind Pulp Fiction and equal to Reservoir Dogs in terms of how much I like them.

Maybe it's worth giving Pulp Fiction and/or Reservoir Dogs a go as it sounds like you might like them.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Titan9 wrote: »
    Pulp Fiction was just great.

I remember there was series on BBC 2 called I love the 1990's. Each year was featured one by one in chronological order and when it got to 1994, Pulp Fiction was the film they spoke about. I remember Trevor Nelson highlighting Samuel L Jackson's fantastic performance saying that Tarantino 'will never make a better film than that ever.' To this day, what he said was correct.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    Pulp Fiction closely followed by Inglorious Basterds. Both fantastic films