Pothuthics Gameshow Marathon

Comments

• StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Christmas adverts being aired earlier and earlier each year.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    -audience hisses at Luke-

Right Izzie, why have you choosen turkey?
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, I know, it’s like the ultimate staple of Christmas dinner...but it’s bloody horrible.

Christmas dinner is the ultimate meal of the year; when you splash out, stuff yourself and generally enjoy luxuries that you might not get for the rest of the year, so why the hell is the focal point of the meal turkey?

It’s dry, it doesn’t taste very nice, it doesn’t fit in the oven properly, you can’t put anything else in the oven with it so it’s always cold, you have to buy special roasting bags and you end up eating it for the next week. When you look at the other delicious meats on offer - lamb, beef, gammon - you have to wonder why on earth we put ourselves through it EVERY year, just for the sake of tradition. It really isn’t worth it. In fact, it’s so bad, that I couldn’t eat is this year, and just had extra pigs-in-blankets.

And before you point out that it is tradition and Christmas is all about tradition (and family), I sincerely doubt most people are opening their presents thinking of how they symbolise Baby Jesus and his myrrh.

Turkey is awful, and one this one day of the year, I think we should all be eating a meat we really enjoy, and not just for the sake of it.
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christmas adverts being aired earlier and earlier each year.

Booooo! They should air from AT LEAST august! :D
    Forum Member
    Gammon ftw :cool:

What about you Aaron, why did you choose Bah-Humbugs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now i love xmas more than anything in the world! (Yes, even more than cake!) So i want to put "Bah-Humbugs" into Room 101. The people who can't stand to see others joyous at this happy time of the year, who go around and make it there duty to spoil things as much as possible. Those who complain about every little aspect of xmas, yet carrying on with it exactly the same (If you hate Auntie June that much DON'T BUY HERE A PRESENT! YOU KNOW YOU'RE ONLY GETTING JAM AND PICKLES IN RETURN!!!!) There are a few people who are alone etc on xmas who have a right to not enjoy the season, but the majority of the people are just unhappy almost just to not conform! So i say shut up, have a mince pie, and get in Room 101!
    Forum Member
    smile371 wrote: »
    Booooo! They should air from AT LEAST august! :D

Really? :eek:

(oh, and I'm a pescetarian, so none of this turkey business concerns me. Just thought I'd throw it out there...)
    Forum Member
    smile371 wrote: »
    Now i love xmas more than anything in the world! (Yes, even more than cake!) So i want to put "Bah-Humbugs" into Room 101. The people who can't stand to see others joyous at this happy time of the year, who go around and make it there duty to spoil things as much as possible. Those who complain about every little aspect of xmas, yet carrying on with it exactly the same (If you hate Auntie June that much DON'T BUY HERE A PRESENT! YOU KNOW YOU'RE ONLY GETTING JAM AND PICKLES IN RETURN!!!!) There are a few people who are alone etc on xmas who have a right to not enjoy the season, but the majority of the people are just unhappy almost just to not conform! So i say shut up, have a mince pie, and get in Room 101!

I knew Sarah Millican would get involved somehow...
    Forum Member
    And Luke, what dont you like about Christmas Adverts
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? :eek:

(oh, and I'm a pescetarian, so none of this turkey business concerns me. Just thought I'd throw it out there...)

Well it bothers me EVERY year. I sodding hate it. :cry:
    Forum Member
    It's September. Summer has just finished, but Autumn hasn't really begun. You do a little bit of shopping whilst it's still light, and the first thing you see when you walk in a shop? A BLINKING CHRISTMAS TREE. See, I'm not religious, but it makes you question the true meaning of Christmas when you see a dancing snowman in September. And it's not just shops, either - every advert from September 1st to December 24th is 'Christmas, Christmas, CHRISTMAAAASSS!!! Oh, did I mention, it's Christmas in one hundred or so days?'. You can't get away from it! It also makes you get worried about buying gifts earlier, and the rush to buy in the first week of September will mean that your granny gets one and a half pairs of socks for Christmas. It's all about making as much money as possible these days: whatever happened to little old baby Jesus? (that sounds like a song. *goes off to copyright it*)

Have I convinced anyone now? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's September. Summer has just finished, but Autumn hasn't really begun. You do a little bit of shopping whilst it's still light, and the first thing you see when you walk in a shop? A BLINKING CHRISTMAS TREE. See, I'm not religious, but it makes you question the true meaning of Christmas when you see a dancing snowman in September. And it's not just shops, either - every advert from September 1st to December 24th is 'Christmas, Christmas, CHRISTMAAAASSS!!! Oh, did I mention, it's Christmas in one hundred or so days?'. You can't get away from it! It also makes you get worried about buying gifts earlier, and the rush to buy in the first week of September will mean that your granny gets one and a half pairs of socks for Christmas. It's all about making as much money as possible these days: whatever happened to little old baby Jesus? (that sounds like a song. *goes off to copyright it*)

Well they've got to fill the airtime that was taken with 'Haven' adverts with something. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I genuinely start my xmas shopping in august every year :o I love it! It gives me more time to find the perfect presents, and it's SUCH FUN!
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Can I put a wig on and pretend to be val?
    Forum Member
    Now I truly love Xmas, but what would Xmas be without 3 months worth of adverts!

Now I understand both of your points. It's a hard decision because I hate bah humbugs and I hate that everyone must eat turkey for Xmas (when I was away for Xmas I did what you did with the pigs and blankets)

I'm going to put BAH HUMBUGS into room 101 though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so getting eliminated. :D
    Forum Member
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    Can I put a wig on and pretend to be val?

If you like xD I need an assistant, I'm not good at choosing :p
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Now I truly love Xmas, but what would Xmas be without 3 months worth of adverts!

Honestly. :rolleyes: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Now I understand both of your points. It's a hard decision because I hate bah humbugs and I hate that everyone must eat turkey for Xmas (when I was away for Xmas I did what you did with the pigs and blankets)

I'm going to put BAH HUMBUGS into room 101 though

Yay!! :D MINCE PIES FOR ALL!
    Forum Member
    If you like xD I need an assistant, I'm not good at choosing :p

So, does the item I hate go into room 101?
    Forum Member
    Val's online, now. :o
    Forum Member
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    So, does the item I hate go into room 101?

Yes :)

Our next subject is the uk
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry guys, I had to make a disappearance. :o

A true American girl at heart here btw, so I do actually call it soccer :D
    Forum Member
    Izzie what's your suggestion?
    Forum Member