what does this message mean,network cable unplugged ?

:) I have been on 10 mb broadband for a few weeks now ,after being on 2mb, but since upgrading to the 10 mb broadband i keep getting a message at the bottom of my computer when i am on the internet,that says :local area connection: a network cable is unplugged, but nothing on my end has been unplugged at all:confused: my modem is an old NTL 100 and i think it cannot handle the new 10 mb as i did not get this message when i had the 2mb broadband:( is it my old modem thats the problem ,as it seems to me it is, anyone with experience about this error message who can help:confused:

Comments

• SomnerSomner Posts: 9,412
    Forum Member
    The upgrade shouldn't have caused this. Check the connection on the back on your modem as well as PC, it might have slipped out a little. If that doesn't work, try another network cable. Again, if that doesn't work, then it's a problem with your modem or network card (possible specific to the socket!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    It could be your modem there has been known problems with the 100 and 10 meg .Give VM a call you might need a tech:)
  • Neil MNeil M Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    When you get that message, does the internet work?

It could be that you have another Network Card or Network access point on the computer and you have only just noticed it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    The modem could have a problem and it is reseting itself. When this happens your computer cannot see it hence network cable unplugged message.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Neil M wrote: »
    When you get that message, does the internet work?

It could be that you have another Network Card or Network access point on the computer and you have only just noticed it.

hi, no the internet does not work when i get the unplugged message:(