Dropped iphone 5 - two small chips on screen

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
Forum Member
Hi there,
Somehow managed to drop my iphone yesterday and it ended up landing on the screen. Now I have two small chips on the screen. What is the best way of getting these repaired. Luckily the phone still works fine and the screen is fully responsive - seems to be just cosmetic.

Advice appreciated - thanks

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I suppose the only official non voiding of warranty option would be to go to an Apple Store.
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I suppose the only official non voiding of warranty option would be to go to an Apple Store.

warranty on the screen is already void, as it has been dropped.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    warranty on the screen is already void, as it has been dropped.

If you get the screen fixed by anyone other than Apple and then another fault occurs you will have voided your warranty.

The warranty is not voided just because of a dropped screen unless you try and make a claim for it - which obviously would not work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    If you get the screen fixed by anyone other than Apple and then another fault occurs you will have voided your warranty.

The warranty is not voided just because of a dropped screen unless you try and make a claim for it - which obviously would not work.

i clearly said the warranty on the screen was already void.

however, it is unlikely anyone at the apple store would ever know you had the iphone open, as 9 times out of 10 they simply swap the device without even so much as giving it as cursory look (assuming it's a warranty repair).

i replaced an internal part on my previous iphone and there is no way they could ever have known i'd had it open never mind replaced a part (which was an official apple part).
  • John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As stated the only way to avoid issues with future warranty claims is to get apple to replace the screen.

In fact, they will replace the device there and then for a fee.... Book a Genius Bar appointment nod back up your phone. They give you a new or refurbished handset and that's it. Don't be off put by them using refurbished, you really can't tell the difference. They are mint, as new.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As stated the only way to avoid issues with future warranty claims is to get apple to replace the screen.

In fact, they will replace the device there and then for a fee.... Book a Genius Bar appointment nod back up your phone. They give you a new or refurbished handset and that's it. Don't be off put by them using refurbished, you really can't tell the difference. They are mint, as new.

$149 is the US price for replacing a screen (which they now do rather than simply replacing the device). i suspect the UK price is probably £149.

£184 is the refurb replacement price i believe.
  • thebtmanthebtman Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon sell screens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Some of the amazon screens are really poor quality, I found out the hard way.