Get £36 for a £30 spend. (Use on Xbox, windows phone apps &windows 8 marketplace)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now that the Xbox dashboard has got rid of MS points, and uses local currency you can actually use this to your advantage,

You can still get MS points cards and use them. When you enter the code, it automatically converts back to currency.

The best deal I've found at the moment is 4200 points for £30 (On Amazon- see here )

This is an online code, so you don't even have to wait for the post- just for an email. When you get the code, just go to the xbox dashboard and enter it there. It will automatically convert it for you to just under £36.

This doesn't just work for xbox- but also windows phones, and windows 8, so you can use for windows apps and 'games for windows marketplace'

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought there might be at last some interest in this. No one planning on getting any DLC in the future then? Or just happy to pay more?
    Well, I guess you can't save anyone money if they don't want to save money. Or is everyone already doing this trick and I'm just the last to find out? (that's quite often the case)
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already had 1000pts and only DLC I'm after will be the new Borlderlands 2 stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already had 1000pts and only DLC I'm after will be the new Borlderlands 2 stuff.

I see what ya mean. If you already had the points then you probably have a few quid in your MS balance now.
    If, like me, you only had about 100 MS points left, then I think it's worth getting some in to convert to cash.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Purchased 4200X2 yesterday from http://www.onlycdkeys.com/xbox-live/xbox-live-4200-microsoft-points/

£29.79

Paypal, instant email delivery:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Purchased 4200X2 yesterday from http://www.onlycdkeys.com/xbox-live/xbox-live-4200-microsoft-points/

£29.79

Paypal, instant email delivery:cool:

Not bad, but for 21p difference I'd rather stick with Amazon. Never heard of onlycdkeys before ( that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them of course), and delivery method is exactly the same.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was browsing amazon this morning and noticed this deal. Just bought 4 packs, £120, but converted to £142.80:) That is me now set for launch day with the ONE, just hope Ms wise up on there digital prices. Plus it is a bit better to top up my account now rather than on launch day were I am also paying for the console, spreading out the pain.

To the op, if you change the title to, spend £30 and screw Ms out of £5.70, then you might have gotten more comments:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »
    I was browsing amazon this morning and noticed this deal. Just bought 4 packs, £120, but converted to £142.80:) That is me now set for launch day with the ONE, just hope Ms wise up on there digital prices. Plus it is a bit better to top up my account now rather than on launch day were I am also paying for the console, spreading out the pain.

To the op, if you change the title to, spend £30 and screw Ms out of £5.70, then you might have gotten more comments:D

You just got £22.80 over on MS, Ka-ching :D It all helps in these hard times. I just wish I had that amount to cash to spare on games and stuff.

I never seem to have any spare cash when these kind of deals/bargains happen.

And that's an excellent idea.. Is there a way to change the title? I can't find that option anywhere. (Maybe I'll do a new one :) )
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon have punted there price up to £33 now, so just cd keys available now for £30. For me I have had the xbox money put to the side for launch and I only want to buy digital games, so it was a no brainer to stack up the points when on offer, I might get some more later on if they are still on offer again.

I think only a mod can change the title, it would be good to keep it up to date when offers come on though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up that the 2100 points are at £4.67 (plus £2.03 delivery), This is for Halo Reach - 2100 Microsoft Points Card (plus banshee avatar prop) .

Compare this to the 'normal' 2100 points card, which is £16.87 at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the good deals on the points cards seem to have gone as far as I can see :(. Does anyone know where to get an good deals on them still?

Did find this on a facebook group I'm on though- which was nothing spectacular, but decent I would say: Xbox Live £10 Gift Card: (EA Sports FIFA 14 Ultimate Team branded) £9.85

So for £9.85 you get £10 to spend. Only 15p, but if you are getting a lot it will add up eventually over time, and some money off is better than no money off.

Was on this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bargain.hunter.UK/
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    The £50 card and online code is available on Amazon for £44.86.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    http://www.simplycdkeys.com/search?keywords=Xbox+Live+Gift+Card

Iv'e used this website before-

£50 for £39.99

or £25 for £21.99
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The FIFA branded £10 cards have now gone down to £9.

Xbox Live £10 Gift Card: EA Sports FIFA 14 Ultimate Team [Online Game Card]

Thanks to another cool facebook group called bargains all year round
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also just noticed the £25 Microsoft Gift Card is £22.50:

and the £50 card only £44.86