shouldn't sellers be advising of Internet required to play games?

ArchiexArchiex Posts: 219
Forum Member
Have just checked out both Amazon and Game, and whilst both go into details regarding live being a requirement, should they not be mentioning that an Internet connection, is also essential, ie a requirement, to play games on the xboxone? It is as u need to log in once a day or lose access to the games.

Surely they have an obligation in this regard in the same manner as on say Singstar games without a microphone, state clearly, that one is required to play this game?

I know it's mad but not everyone, ie some parents etc, will be fully aware of the requirements. Or am I missing something?

Comments

• mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I agree.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a look at Game and http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-console-deposit-228387?cm_sp=xboxnews-_-dealSpots-_-XboxOneUpdated (go to the product details tab) Sure enough nowhere does it say online or internet is mandatory. You would think they would have the decency at least.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if they ain't going to tell everyone the details then they shouldn't have any problem with people returning games because that is exactly the thing that is going to happen.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that mentioning the 24 hour online check in small print is necessary. I probably wouldn't agree they need to go into detail about other policies like used games.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    TheBigM wrote: »
    I agree that mentioning the 24 hour online check in small print is necessary. I probably wouldn't agree they need to go into detail about other policies like used games.

No, it needs to be in more than small print. If you don't have online then don't buy an X1 , it's not a dirty secret, just the facts. Having said that I presume most websites believe the majority have internet since they are...you know.. pre-ordering from the internet.
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it needs to be in more than small print. If you don't have online then don't buy an X1 , it's not a dirty secret, just the facts. Having said that I presume most websites believe the majority have internet since they are...you know.. pre-ordering from the internet.

It could be they are pre ordering fro mtheir phone :)

Retailers dont have to say anything, its not their dury to report unfortunately, their defence will be people know what they are buying
    Forum Member
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    It could be they are pre ordering fro mtheir phone :)

Retailers dont have to say anything, its not their dury to report unfortunately, their defence will be people know what they are buying

An online enabled phone is all you need. :)
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surely it's the games themselves that must carry the disclaimer?
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should be down to MS to put it on the packaging of their games/console. They should also put it on any promotional material.
  • ComedykevComedykev Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh so every tarrif provides tethering does it? No it dosent.
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surely it's the games themselves that must carry the disclaimer?

It's the console itself that requires the daily connection. The games can simply assume if you own an XB1 then it'll have a connection, otherwise you wouldn't be buying the games!
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a future watchdog programme in the making. Can see it now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does say at the bottom of the screen in the smallest font they could find - internet connection required. That's on their pre-order site on the Xbox 360. Also mentions game restrictions, just what people want to read when thinking about spending over 400!!!

All this is going to come back and bite MS on the arse, I always thought they were a smart, intelligent, forward thinking company, but in actual fact they're none of those things.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedykev wrote: »

A person can only read so much of this bad press before they start believing it, I'm starting to think the PS4 is now the only choice for next gen.

Happy my pre-order is in, PS4 of course.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Yep, THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM!

People will purchase the XBone without knowing the restrictions in place.

Many will be shocked!

The word needs spreading.
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comedykev wrote: »

The Xbone, the comedy gift that just keeps giving. :D

That could get very expensive if your package doesn't include tethering.
    Forum Member
    A person can only read so much of this bad press before they start believing it, I'm starting to think the PS4 is now the only choice for next gen.

Happy my pre-order is in, PS4 of course.

It needs some perspective on the matter, especially when it's coming from a Playstation Lifestyle website and resposted by a fanboy on a forum.

Jonathon Blow is an absolute cretin of the highest order, he has a real axe to grind and that is obvious. Of COURSE the Witness was running on PS4 hardware, it looked utterly SHIT. Look what he said about graphic capabilities, how some games on PS4 would run at 60fps and only 30fps on X1, then look at E3 and see who's really pushing 1080p60.

There was ONE single demo booth crashed to a Windows7 desktop of which a picture was twitted out by former Mean Machines editor Julian Rignal (now IGN exec). This is nothing new, a lot of stage demo's run on PC hardware and all of the conference footage was X1. None of this should really be too much of a surprise. Both Dead Rising 3 and TitanFall developers confirmed it was direct X1 footage in the interviews I watched alone.

Based on past E3's MS have never embellished or lied about the power of their machine, Sony on the other hand..

I'll tell you one thing right now, MS do not hve a history of lying about the power of their machine, they have never emvbelishing the graphics to be something they are n
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on past E3's MS have never embellished or lied about the power of their machine, Sony on the other hand..

I'll tell you one thing right now, MS do not hve a history of lying about the power of their machine, they have never emvbelishing the graphics to be something they are not

lolwut?

When have Sony lied about the power of their machine?

I remember there being a mighty fuss when they showed the KZ2 teaser and said "The PS3 could run this" and everybody poo-pooed them for misleading the consumer as it wasn't running on PS3 hardware and the PS3 could never do something like that. Fast-forward three years, Killzone 2 is released, and indeed looks even better than the tech demo :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    lolwut?

When have Sony lied about the power of their machine?

I remember there being a mighty fuss when they showed the KZ2 teaser and said "The PS3 could run this" and everybody poo-pooed them for misleading the consumer as it wasn't running on PS3 hardware and the PS3 could never do something like that. Fast-forward three years, Killzone 2 is released, and indeed looks even better than the tech demo :rolleyes:

Oh so you must of missed this

You remember Sony running all those tech demo's with pre-rendered CGi and overlayed HUD's on games that never came out? How the tech blew the 360 out of the water? Even members of the press were hoodwinked to the extent that articles like this were written.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh so you must of missed this

You remember Sony running all those tech demo's with pre-rendered CGi and overlayed HUD's on games that never came out? How the tech blew the 360 out of the water? Even members of the press were hoodwinked to the extent that articles like this were written.

LOL you're linking me to a video made by a 360 fanboy? That is glorious! :D

Yes, there is a lot of hyperbole in that Eurogamer article, but there's truth there too. It all comes down to the fact that the PS3 had a tremendously difficult architecture for devs to get their heads around, to the extent that the only devs who ever truly cracked it were exclusive to PS3.

It must surely speak volumes that 360 exclusives seem to have dried up while Sony continue to release ones for the PS3 that push the system even further. Naughty Dog explained why Uncharted 2 was impossible on the 360. See as well Media Molecule saying the same about LBP. Oh, and Guerilla Games talking about Killzone 2 as well. The best looking games of this gen are all PS3 titles, the most technically sophisticated games of this gen are PS3 titles, and there are two main reasons for that - Cell and Blu-Ray.

To claim at the end of this generation that the PS3 wasn't more powerful than the 360 is simply nonsense. To the extent that was first believed? No, because the Cell proved too difficult to program for and needed a lot of work to get the most out of. But for those who managed it? Wow. God Of War III still looks like a next-gen title at times.
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    LOL you're linking me to a video made by a 360 fanboy? That is glorious! :D

Yes, there is a lot of hyperbole in that Eurogamer article, but there's truth there too. It all comes down to the fact that the PS3 had a tremendously difficult architecture for devs to get their heads around, to the extent that the only devs who ever truly cracked it were exclusive to PS3.

It must surely speak volumes that 360 exclusives seem to have dried up while Sony continue to release ones for the PS3 that push the system even further. Naughty Dog explained why Uncharted 2 was impossible on the 360. See as well Media Molecule saying the same about LBP. Oh, and Guerilla Games talking about Killzone 2 as well. The best looking games of this gen are all PS3 titles, the most technically sophisticated games of this gen are PS3 titles, and there are two main reasons for that - Cell and Blu-Ray.

To claim at the end of this generation that the PS3 wasn't more powerful than the 360 is simply nonsense. To the extent that was first believed? No, because the Cell proved too difficult to program for and needed a lot of work to get the most out of. But for those who managed it? Wow. God Of War III still looks like a next-gen title at times.

That video only presents the facts, nothing is doctored from what Sony said.

I disagree that Killzone 2 looked as good as the original demo footage, and while I will say the final product was still impressive, how long after launch did that take to arrive? Why was it even shown at PS3 E3 reveal like that was representative the graphics we would see day 1. The lies about the most powerful GPU in the world... The (photo-realistic) Getaway footage, Eight Days etc. Open your eyes.

Sony scaled back the hardware at the last moment making all of what they originally showed impossible, Kojima confirmed that when he said during an interview that he working in development with much more powerful tech which was not possibly with the final design cuts had to be made which he wasn't happy with. From what I've seen at E3 I wouldn't be surprised if Sony done that again.

I personally regard Halo 4, Forza 4 and Alan Wake as some of the most visually impressive games I've played this gen and I cannot say too many PS3 games, exclusive or otherwise look anywhere near as nice.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Don't start this again we all know where It ends, even the die hardest Xbox fans will admit that Uncharted series is unmatched on console this generation..

Cutting down PS4 ? You know yourself such thing would mean a delay, heck that is why PS3 delayed and delayed for the same reason. If Sony planed to have the console out by November there is no way they changing any SPECS on the machine.

There was so many factors in cutting down the PS3 from what was original was, and you acting as it was purposely done by Sony.

What ever mistakes they did they went on to outsell a console that was released year ahead with price tag of $599 and £425. Even with the hard develop platform, no one can deny that is achievement.

However It is Microsoft who demoed from what we know 2 games on Nvidia hardware Dead rising being one of them. It's MS who's not finalised the SPECS of the GPU and reportedly having to downclock it 0.9 Teraflops.
  • ComedykevComedykev Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That video only presents the facts, nothing is doctored from what Sony said.

I disagree that Killzone 2 looked as good as the original demo footage, and while I will say the final product was still impressive, how long after launch did that take to arrive? Why was it even shown at PS3 E3 reveal like that was representative the graphics we would see day 1. The lies about the most powerful GPU in the world... The (photo-realistic) Getaway footage, Eight Days etc. Open your eyes.

Sony scaled back the hardware at the last moment making all of what they originally showed impossible, Kojima confirmed that when he said during an interview that he working in development with much more powerful tech which was not possibly with the final design cuts had to be made which he wasn't happy with. From what I've seen at E3 I wouldn't be surprised if Sony done that again.

I personally regard Halo 4, Forza 4 and Alan Wake as some of the most visually impressive games I've played this gen and I cannot say too many PS3 games, exclusive or otherwise look anywhere near as nice.

2Dshmuplover, do you work for Microsoft? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Anyway what about your comment "An online enabled phone is all you need." do you think everyone has tethering? or should they also change their phone plan?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly don't know how anyone with eyes can say the likes of Uncharted 2 and God Of War III aren't the best looking games this gen, but whatever, because you also disagree that Killzone 2 looked as good as the demo...

E3 2005 vs. Final Build Comparison - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CxMmXmb0QI

Killzone 2 Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roc27ujMycs

LOL! :D