What has been your favourite performance so far this season?

dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For me, it has to be Candice's version of 'I Who Have Nothing'.

Watched that back at least 4 times and got goosebumps each time!

Comments

• Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Candice again but for me it's 'Lovesong'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7acuT6Sydc4

For me that was her Fantasia's Summertime moment.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Candice's sublime 'You've Changed'. Sheer class. In a whole different league from anything I've ever heard before in American Idol. She doesn't need anyone to tell her the meaning of a song or how to feel it. It's innate in her.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you mean from the live shows its Candice 'Lovesong' she really can sing anything!!

whole season though its Angie 'You Set Me Free'
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amber - 'What are you doing the rest of your life?'
  • TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Candice - Don't Make Me Over - Her most vocally perfect performance...the 2nd half of the song especially when she goes for it just just perfection...Randy in genuine of awe of what she does with it. Amazing.
    2. Candice - Who I Have Nothing - Dramatic, emotional, like she's singing the song for you through the TV set. Great production as well.
    3. Candice - Lovesong - Again great production and an unbelievably improved arrangement of the song (beating Adele and the original) portrayed brilliantly.
    4. Candice - You've Changed - A more subtle textured perfomance....very classy and in a different league to what any other Idol contestant can do - past or present.
  • glaschelleglaschelle Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me - Kree - Up to the Mountain.

She has to pull something like this out of the bag to get the final.

I love Candice and she'd be a worthy winner. Sometimes I like Angie, other times I find her really, really, annoying!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burnell Taylor - This Time
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I loved Candice performing Straight Up the most. I LOVE that song (I remember a guy doing a great rendition of it back when Paula was a judge and I've loved the track ever since)

Also really really enjoyed her Bruno Mars this week.

Also Kree performing Piece of My Heart.
  • KarenFHKarenFH Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    David Cook - Laying Me Low :D
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Candice - Lovesong, I Who Have Nothing, You've Changed and Don't Make Me Over

Also really liked Angie's hollywood song - her original. But since then, she has been terrible i think.

Thinking about it, it really makes me notice how great Candice is.
  • JauntyMontyJauntyMonty Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    My top ten performances would mostly be from Candice and Kree but my favourite is Janelles You Keep Me Hangin' On.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantasia's performance of "Lose to win" by a country mile . Standing in one spot and still epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZma25z3b2Y
  • kitbitkitbit Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Candice - Lovesong and that Rascall Flatts song Kree sang tonight. Best moments ever. Kree remains the artist whose album I am most likely to actually buy, though Candice has astounding chops but is very much gonna depend on the songs they give her.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Candice Love Song , Don't Make Me Over, I Who Have Nothing, You've Changed , Somewhere .
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Janelle's You Keep Me Holdin' On

Angie's Cry Me a River, Who You Are and You Set Me Free :P
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Candice's Lovesong- it was sublime, and really put her in the game.

I'm also counting the Sudden Death round as a performance, and therefore submit Juliana Chahayed's Skyscraper. It was criminal the judges didn't put her through after that- she had a really interesting voice and was accompanying herself on guitar. She could have been a really interesting, fresh talent on AI this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Candice - Don't Make Me Over, Love Song, When I Was Your Man

To somebody's credit, a really good eclectic mix of songs.

Angie did well with I'll Stand By You, as she began to understand she could never out-sing Candice or Kree. She gave it all she's got with an under-trained young voice.

Kree, I adore her, as a voice and a person, but the song choices haven't stretched her, and I've been waiting 3 months for her to let rip, vocally, physically and emotionally.