Humax 1010S Tuner 2 not connecting.

FerndogFerndog Posts: 95
Forum Member
We have just bought a new Humax box for the dining room. It has been pixillating badly and so I examined the signal quality and found the second tuner is generally receiving no signal at all and the strength of tuner 1 is not 100%.
I thought it might be the set up in this room and so transferred the box to the sitting room where we have an old Foxsat recorder. I checked the signal on that first and both tuners are working perfectly 100% on both for strength and quality. The new 1010S had the same problem in there with there being mostly no signal at all on the Tuner 2.
Do you think the new box is faulty? Should I return it to the shop or have I just not set it up properly yet?
Help.:confused:

Comments

• KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ferndog wrote: »
    We have just bought a new Humax box for the dining room. It has been pixillating badly and so I examined the signal quality and found the second tuner is generally receiving no signal at all and the strength of tuner 1 is not 100%.
    I thought it might be the set up in this room and so transferred the box to the sitting room where we have an old Foxsat recorder. I checked the signal on that first and both tuners are working perfectly 100% on both for strength and quality. The new 1010S had the same problem in there with there being mostly no signal at all on the Tuner 2.
    Do you think the new box is faulty? Should I return it to the shop or have I just not set it up properly yet?
    Help.:confused:

From what I've read, tuner 2 only works when needed, set 2 recordings at the same time on different channels to check it.
  • FerndogFerndog Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Phew! You are right. That worked. I just have to work out why it is pixallating intermittantly when the other box on the same dish isn't! New stuff - don't you just love it.:D
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phew! You are right. That worked. I just have to work out why it is pixallating intermittantly when the other box on the same dish isn't! New stuff - don't you just love it.:D

Does it pixelate if you turn off the power to the other box ?. Is the other box a Sky box ?. If so what make ?
    Forum Member
    The other satellite box is a Humax Foxsat HDR but it's in another room on standby.
    The box sitting with it is an old Humax Freeview recorder but as there is no aeriel in that room it is not connected to anything. Just powered up so we can finsih watching the old recordings on it.
    It isn't doing pixillating now so I can't test it. Thinking about it, I think I was trying to watch both boxes at the same time running from one room to the other to check.
    If they won't both work at the same time that's awkward.
    Forum Member
    I've got all 4 tuners recording at the moment and the old box is perfectly OK. The new box is only pixillating slightly and rarely. But it is still doing it.

Is it just that the new boxes are not as good as the old ones, do I have a dodgey box?
  • fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got all 4 tuners recording at the moment and the old box is perfectly OK. The new box is only pixillating slightly and rarely. But it is still doing it.

Is it just that the new boxes are not as good as the old ones, do I have a dodgey box?

Swap the two boxes round. That will show you if there is a problem with the cabling. If the new box is still pixelating you may have a suspect unit. Double check all your connections.
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I should have said that I had already done that and it isn't the cabling. It's not pixillating at the moment at all. But it wasn't doing it the first couple of days we had it either. Intermittant faults are always the most annoying. What can I do?
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have a Foxsat-hdr and a HDR-1000S sharing the same quad lnb with no issues. Suspect as someone has already said it's a connection issue. Check the f connectors on the HDR-1000S.

You could try a factory reset on the HDR-1000S.