The Voice Of Ireland

2»

Comments

• EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookclub10 wrote: »
    I'm finding the voting system so annoying now:mad:
    Alan has been saved from bottom 2, 3 times and Sharon was saved again this week after being in the bottom 2 last week. It's awful that Pat and Conor can't both be in the final while others who are much weaker can be there.
    Looking at the final 8 in comparision to the teams at the beginning of the live shows, I think the results are quite disappointing.

The overall standard doesn't seem great to me. Conor has a lot of raw talent, but it might be touch and go as to whether he has any sort of a career after the show, seeing as it seems to have failed to capture the public's imagination.

Alan is clearly Brian's favourite by far, but he's clearly going to bomb when the programme ends. The small guy Ritchie is just ridiculous....more like someone you'd expect to see in panto or as a novelty act on BGT.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    The overall standard doesn't seem great to me. Conor has a lot of raw talent, but it might be touch and go as to whether he has any sort of a career after the show, seeing as it seems to have failed to capture the public's imagination.

Alan is clearly Brian's favourite by far, but he's clearly going to bomb when the programme ends. The small guy Ritchie is just ridiculous....more like someone you'd expect to see in panto or as a novelty act on BGT.

Ritchie does do Panto right? Hes a good voice, but i dont think he has the star power to be an actual selling star.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conor and Jessica are my favourites... Loved her version of "Billie Jean"!

She copied David Cook from American Idol a few years back its lovely but David sings it even more hauntingly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sfamato wrote: »
    Ritchie does do Panto right? Hes a good voice, but i dont think he has the star power to be an actual selling star.

I believe so yes, but the idea they can transform him from being a regular at panto to being a successful and credible pop star is too far fetched. Even if the guy was 6ft 2, I don't think he could make the transition, he's really more of a cabaret performer.

I think Conor will win the show but I have my doubts whether even he can have any sort of a lengthy career.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe so yes, but the idea they can transform him from being a regular at panto to being a successful and credible pop star is too far fetched. Even if the guy was 6ft 2, I don't think he could make the transition, he's really more of a cabaret performer.

I think Conor will win the show but I have my doubts whether even he can have any sort of a lengthy career.

Personally, I can only see Pat and Vanessa having a career out of this, and with Pat, very much a gigging in pubs and small venues type of career. Shows like this in Ireland, there is only a very small amount of succes to be had. You need to break the UK too. However they will have to contend with the UK winner of their own show. Call me cynical but I don't see the record company putting in much effort with the eventual winner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sfamato wrote: »
    Personally, I can only see Pat and Vanessa having a career out of this, and with Pat, very much a gigging in pubs and small venues type of career. Shows like this in Ireland, there is only a very small amount of succes to be had. You need to break the UK too. However they will have to contend with the UK winner of their own show. Call me cynical but I don't see the record company putting in much effort with the eventual winner.

And the TV ratings for the show are not great, suggesting it has failed to capture the public's imagination.

Vanessa and Pat can certainly get a fulltime career out of it. I suspect Conor is going to be a flash in the pan and quickly forgotten : for all his raw talent, he doesn't have much star quality.....he looks and sounds like a farmer who wandered into the TV studio.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the TV ratings for the show are not great, suggesting it has failed to capture the public's imagination.

Vanessa and Pat can certainly get a fulltime career out of it. I suspect Conor is going to be a flash in the pan and quickly forgotten : for all his raw talent, he doesn't have much star quality.....he looks and sounds like a farmer who wandered into the TV studio.

Completely disagree, he's by far the most unique talent left
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »

Conor has grown on me over the weeks. But hes voice is very disturbing. and his facial expressions aren't doing him any favours either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »

I actually agree that he is unique and not a copy of anyone else and he should be commended for that. But that doesn't equate to him being a marketable pop or rock star. You can be unique and have a lot of raw talent and still not sell a single record. I believe he'll win the show easily and have some sort of hit out of it but I could also see him quickly fade away.

When I said "farmer" I was referring to his general demeanour offstage btw.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    In case you haven't seen it...
    Jim, Richie and Vanessa getting through to the final was no big shock. It was always going to be tough in losing one of Pat or Conor, it's a bit of the format I don't like that only one from each team can make the final. Thought it was going to be Conor who made it though, given his amazing performance, the voting momentum, the percentage advantage etc. but I'm happy for Pat, and hope he wins now.

The iTunes standings, counting as votes for next week's final
    11. Pat Byrne - What a Wonderful World
    43. Vanessa Whelan - Who Wants to Live Forever?
    67. Richie Hayes - One Voice

No sign of Jim in the overall Top 100.

However, in the iTunes Pop Chart...

8. Pat Byrne - What a Wonderful World
    34. Vanessa Whelan - Who Wants to Live Forever
    44. Richie Hayes - One Voice
    75. Jim Devine - The Dance
  • BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanessa, Jim, Pat and Ritchie. My predictions for the final. Didn't get watching the results show. Can anyone confirm this please?
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    BillyBoy7 wrote: »
    Vanessa, Jim, Pat and Ritchie. My predictions for the final. Didn't get watching the results show. Can anyone confirm this please?
    Yep! They all made it.