Anyone remember a Saturday morning BBC show called serial or cereal something?

IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm trying to remember the name of a peculiar show that I seem to remember from childhood. If memory serves me right, it was shown on either BBC1 or BBC2 on Saturdays around about when I ate breakfast so in the morning, maybe 8-ish? it was based around the pun of cereal - the opening sequence showed a bowl of cereal on a kitchen table and zoomed in on it (or something similar?) with the joke being that it showed a few serial shows, that would end on a cliffhanger. Thats all I can remember - I think it was fairly serious, as I remember feeling a bit creeped out by some of the shows, I found it a bit unsettling but I watched it anyway. It cant have been that bad being on so early but I just wondered if anyone remembers this or anything, out of curiosity?. This would have been in the early to mid 1990s.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember the name of a peculiar show that I seem to remember from childhood. If memory serves me right, it was shown on either BBC1 or BBC2 on Saturdays around about when I ate breakfast so in the morning, maybe 8-ish? it was based around the pun of cereal - the opening sequence showed a bowl of cereal on a kitchen table and zoomed in on it (or something similar?) with the joke being that it showed a few serial shows, that would end on a cliffhanger. Thats all I can remember - I think it was fairly serious, as I remember feeling a bit creeped out by some of the shows, I found it a bit unsettling but I watched it anyway. It cant have been that bad being on so early but I just wondered if anyone remembers this or anything, out of curiosity?. This would have been in the early to mid 1990s.

Ah yes I remember that. "Breakfast Serials" I think it was called. Don't think it's ever been repeated since its original showing in 1990. It used to be on BBC1 on Saturday mornings around 7:30. I think it only ran for the one series. The "serial" I remember best was called Nicechap, it was a bit disturbing I seem to recall!
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    argyess wrote: »
    Ah yes I remember that. "Breakfast Serials" I think it was called. Don't think it's ever been repeated since its original showing in 1990. It used to be on BBC1 on Saturday mornings around 7:30. I think it only ran for the one series. The "serial" I remember best was called Nicechap, it was a bit disturbing I seem to recall!

That'll be it - thanks! :) I found this:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIQdR2gRdtI
    :eek: seems I wasn't the only one who found it a bit disturbing, judging by the comments to that video.