Helen Flanagan Caught Shoplifting £200 of Boots Products

Comments

• DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe she just didn't want to be in Coronation Street anymore? She's probably happy with her life, so whether you consider it a step backwards or not is irrelevant as for someone so thick and moronic she's probably earning ten times more than you will ever dream of.

So much hate for somebody who has literally done nothing wrong. She may be a bit dim but she has a good heart and isn't even a nasty person at all.

Just literally stealing.......nothing at all.
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly was an accident though? I mean in general, way before this incident, she gets hate all the time, and I don't really get why. So what if she's a bit thick?
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly was an accident though? I mean in general, way before this incident, she gets hate all the time, and I don't really get why. So what if she's a bit thick?

Some just need to nit-pick ;)
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe she just didn't want to be in Coronation Street anymore? She's probably happy with her life, so whether you consider it a step backwards or not is irrelevant as for someone so thick and moronic she's probably earning ten times more than you will ever dream of.

So much hate for somebody who has literally done nothing wrong. She may be a bit dim but she has a good heart and isn't even a nasty person at all.

I think she is lovely, and I'm sure it was a genuine mistake. If security doubted her in any way the police would have been called.
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    People really can be very spiteful. I don't know whether she did it deliberately or not but it is very easily done.

I am prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt and no, I don't fancy her. She's far too young for my taste. :D

Why it bothers people so much I can't imagine. This "if it was an ordinary person they would be treated differently" is particularly stupid. Poor ol' Biggins and Richard Madeley weren't shown much leniency when they were accused.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is not that dumb considering all she apparently does is shop and tweet. She's surely aware of the concept of paying at a till.

What's pathetic is her boyfriend and her are both not lacking for money so it's obviously just for the cheap thrill or attention.

Or maybe it was just as she said, a mistake.

I walked out of a shop once myself without paying for the items and not realising, when I walked back in to rectify it the shopkeeper hadn't even noticed.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be fair though, its highly likely that she genuinely didn't intend on shoplifting the stuff, mainly because I think she's a few crumbs short of a full biscuit. I feel a bit sorry for her and the media attention doesn't help her one bit.

Oh, for sure. I didn't comment on the Boots thing as it's very likely to be an innocent mistake on her part.

I do think the Daily Fail like her for her ability to be a thoughtless moron and bear their teeth and the thought of her putting her foot in it yet again, but Helen has to take some responsibility as her "career" at this point is about getting whatever attention she can. I'd feel sorry for her if she didn't fuel it herself in her quest to become queen of the z-listers.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JELLIES0 wrote: »
    People really can be very spiteful. I don't know whether she did it deliberately or not but it is very easily done.

I am prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt and no, I don't fancy her. She's far too young for my taste. :D

Why it bothers people so much I can't imagine. This "if it was an ordinary person they would be treated differently" is particularly stupid. Poor ol' Biggins and Richard Madeley weren't shown much leniency when they were accused.

Absolutely.

I often go shopping, put stuff in my basket and then forget I've chosen anything and walk out of the shop. Happens pretty much every week,
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And if you or I did that we would be in court petty damn quick. Being ditsy is no excuse for stealing.
    These celebs who think it is ok to shoplift should be treated the same way as every body else.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    And if you or I did that we would be in court petty damn quick. Being ditsy is no excuse for stealing.
    These celebs who think it is ok to shoplift should be treated the same way as every body else.

But if she genuinely forgot, it isn't stealing.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But if she genuinely forgot, it isn't stealing.

Agreed. Much as I have no time for Helen, I do think this is a genuine mistake that people want to think the worst of because they don't like her.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,814
    Forum Member
    Let's say she picked up 4 items at £50 each where did she put them as she walked round the store? If it was more items then it's not going to be something you'd forget?
    I looked down and there was about £200 worth in my basket.

Sounds like a wire basket, so she walked out with the items in a store basket?

She got let off, the police weren't called yet the so called 'ditzy' celeb got angry at the thought she might be banned from a chemists.

It's not like someone held a gun to her head.
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely.

I often go shopping, put stuff in my basket and then forget I've chosen anything and walk out of the shop. Happens pretty much every week,

You walk out of a shop carrying a basket full of items you haven`t paid for every week?! Blimey.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misty08 wrote: »
    You walk out of a shop carrying a basket full of items you haven`t paid for every week?! Blimey.

Erm, I was being sarcastic.

If we let off everyone who 'forgot' to pay for their shopping there wouldn't be any point in having shops.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or maybe it was just as she said, a mistake.

I walked out of a shop once myself without paying for the items

So have many shoplifters :p sorry :o
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Literally?

She's been caught shoplifting and that's literally doing nothing wrong is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Literally?

She's been caught shoplifting and that's literally doing nothing wrong is it?

Quite.

I think this is the crux of the problem with Ms Flanagan.. She has been surrounded by yes men and enablers all her life, her parents have pandered to her and every time she does something wrong she's patted on the head and told 'awww you didn't mean it'. (This was alluded to in IACGMOH and interviews with her parents).

The fact is that shoplifting is illegal and if every single person who was caught doing it cried 'I forgot' and was let off; the economy would sink even further than it has done already.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She now has her own TV show for ITV2 along with such A listers as Peter Andre, apparently being paid £500k for it too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite.

I think this is the crux of the problem with Ms Flanagan.. She has been surrounded by yes men and enablers all her life, her parents have pandered to her and every time she does something wrong she's patted on the head and told 'awww you didn't mean it'. (This was alluded to in IACGMOH and interviews with her parents).

The fact is that shoplifting is illegal and if every single person who was caught doing it cried 'I forgot' and was let off; the economy would sink even further than it has done already.

Yes, I could imagine being in the situation where I might possibly make the mistake of putting something in a bag I had taken into a shop without realising it. (It has actually nearly happened). But I couldn't claim that I hadn't done anything wrong.
    Because I would have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    She now has her own TV show for ITV2 along with such A listers as Peter Andre, apparently being paid £500k for it too

No wonder that a certain mentality of celebrity self destructs. Because they keep getting rewarded.

There used to be a time when celebrities were celebrities because they were celebrated for their talent.
    Now it's more the case that celebrities are celebrities simply because they get tabloid headlines for any other reason other than being talented.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I could imagine being in the situation where I might possibly make the mistake of putting something in a bag I had taken into a shop without realising it. (It has actually nearly happened). But I couldn't claim that I hadn't done anything wrong.
    Because I would have.

Maybe that is because you are mature and decent enough to take full responsibility for your own actions.:)

When I was a new mum, I put an item I wanted in the tray at the bottom of the pram.
    I then left the shop without paying.
    I was shocked at my thoughtlessness but never blamed anyone other than myself and returned immediately to the shop.
    Yes I had stolen from the shop..........although I did rush back to pay for the item.:o
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet the publishers are queueing up for this heavyweight, erudite tome:

'Like, I was like in a telly programme like where I was like Raaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhsie. Like, I left that like and I went into a jungle like with some flies like and everyone bullied me and then I like got my tits out. Now I want a bahhhhhhbbbbbby like'.

Rewritten 14 times for 14 chapters, £9.99 + VAT.

It would sell more copies if there are plenty of pictures.....LOL
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    auntiem wrote: »
    What shocked me more is that she had £200 of goods in her basket at boots. Unless she was stocking up on loreal makeup, even then, I am not sure that boots sell anything high value enough for her basket not to weigh a ton with £200 of shopping in it.

One item could possibly be plausible, but it's hard to comprehend that anybody could 'forget' about £200 worth of goods.

Then again, she never fails to astound with just how thick a living, breathing human being can actually be.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member

You have got to be kidding me :mad:
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So have many shoplifters :p sorry :o

I still don't know how it happened, I took the stuff to the checkout and the guy put it in a bag but didn't ask for any money.