Peachy fuzz

rammsteinqueenrammsteinqueen Posts: 514
Forum Member
✭✭
It's driving me crazy. I don't want the hassle of those creams that stink and plucking takes ages and hurts a little. Anyway, apparently more women are turning to the razor but I am a little apprehensive.. only because I don't want the fuzz to come back as little black dots and me looking like Desperate Dan! Any ladies out there shave? This site has some decent feedback I am just a little scared... http://thestir.cafemom.com/beauty_style/115262/shaving_face_even_the_stars?next=21

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No! Don't do that. Go and get threaded, it hurts a tiny bit but it lasts ages.
  • rammsteinqueenrammsteinqueen Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Threaded? Hmm.. off to google! Well apparently a lot of models shave when they're modelling fo rmake up etc.. it's tempting as they've all said the results are great. Oh I am confused.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dermaplaning is pretty much the same thing, shaving with a scalpel. I follow a few women who do this, they say the regrowth is normal 'peach' hair, not coarse dark hair.

You can also buy DIY threading devices for £2 or £3 on enay. I have one. I think they're just called facial hair removal tools. They look like a spring with plastic bits at either end. You bend the spring and rotate it inwards as you move across your face and it pulls out the hair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Dermaplaning is pretty much the same thing, shaving with a scalpel. I follow a few women who do this, they say the regrowth is normal 'peach' hair, not coarse dark hair.

You can also buy DIY threading devices for £2 or £3 on enay. I have one. I think they're just called facial hair removal tools. They look like a spring with plastic bits at either end. You bend the spring and rotate it inwards as you move across your face and it pulls out the hair.

That sounds painful :)

Thanks for your tip though. Who are the women you follow btw? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaving is fine, it will only grow coarse and dark if you start injecting yourself with testosterone ;)
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaving is fine, it will only grow coarse and dark if you start injecting yourself with testosterone ;)

Is this true though? When I used to shave my armpits, my hair regrown was darker and coarse. Now I have had all of it lasered off and have smooth armpits again. Any (very minimal) regrowth is very fine hair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    Is this true though? When I used to shave my armpits, my hair regrown was darker and coarse. Now I have had all of it lasered off and have smooth armpits again. Any (very minimal) regrowth is very fine hair.

It's a different type of hair to the stuff on our bodies...trust me, ok I'm not a doctor but I shall endeavour to find a link by one :D

http://www.hshairclinic.co.uk/hair-loss/all-about-hair/types-of-hair/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for replies.. it's just doing it isn't it?! Because once you've done it there is no going back. Although I have been plucking for a few months - they still come back blonde.. the hairs on my legs when I shave them grow back blonde... Oh I really want to do it I am just a little scared :D

Oh I just found this - from 4.50 onwards... interesting. Think I am gonna give it a go - pity she says leave your moustache though.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmWXGwMr0Gc
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a different type of hair to the stuff on our bodies...trust me, ok I'm not a doctor but I shall endeavour to find a link by one :D

http://www.hshairclinic.co.uk/hair-loss/all-about-hair/types-of-hair/

Hmm, well this definitely wasn't the case on my body. The hair grew back darker, coarser and spread. It was horrible and why I chose to have it all lasered off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    Hmm, well this definitely wasn't the case on my body. The hair grew back darker, coarser and spread. It was horrible and why I chose to have it all lasered off.

I'm saying that that will not happen to women's facial hair as it is a different type of hair to that on our bodies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did it! Actually I have done it twice in the past fortnight or so and the results are brilliant - oh I wish I had done it years ago! :D