Falling Skies - Season 3 - US Pace *No Spoilers*

Once an episode has aired it is not a spoiler to discuss it. If it hasn't aired, it is a spoiler. Trailers are spoilers.

Starting up against this weekend. 2 episodes left of my season 2 re-watch. They listened - and fixed - quite a few complaints regarding season 1. Hope they've managed the same against this year.

Comments

• SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thread, looking forward to this. :)
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh I'm excited this is back. Looking forward to watchign series 3.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a 2 episode opener tonight.

I just hope they do more than 'Adventure of the week' type episodes. S2 was weak.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope they kill off Ben this series. Sick of seeing his open-mouthed vacanct expression every show
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,310
    Forum Member
    It felt better than S2 did and I'm kind of glad they have moved on from where we left off. However the new society seems to have formed rather quickly and while they seem to be plotting idea's as to who the mole is, I hope they twist it, to throw us all off guard.

I also felt the double header didn't really flow that much, it felt as if they'd decided to put extra minutes into the opener without telling them to do one big episode. Still things seem to be moving on quite a bit and everyone is coming on leaps and bounds, some more than others, which is very odd.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    SPOILERS below (this is the US pace thread, and the episode has aired).

Hal Mason; Paralyzed Gunner by Day, Walking Sexoholic by Night.

Should be worth noting too that if you wake up in the middle of the night to find that your wheelchair-bound boyfriend isn't there, but his wheelchair is, he's probably taken off to the woods, and you're bound to know exactly which direction that it. :rolleyes:

Hal & Maggie's room must be extremely close to those woods, in addition their room must be seriously isolated. Surely someone else might have ...you know, seen Hal walking around in his sleep?

Anne's baby girl; something is up with that child, but I cannot figure out how. Last I remembered, she hadn't been infected with anything, so how (all of a sudden) does she give birth to supergirl; that is, unless it's more psychological for her as nobody else seems to have noticed. This may yet lead to a story revolving a mother who doesn't (due to trauma) want anything to do with her daughter.

And our assassin. At first, I thought Hal, now I'm not so sure. There are only a handful of people that it could be though (those in that room when they were discussing the mission to destroy that power plant). Interesting stuff.

As per our new allies, they're obviously conquerors too. I'm not buying their whole helping us storyline. I'm with Weaver on this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »

Anne's baby girl; something is up with that child, but I cannot figure out how. Last I remembered, she hadn't been infected with anything, so how (all of a sudden) does she give birth to supergirl; that is, unless it's more psychological for her as nobody else seems to have noticed. This may yet lead to a story revolving a mother who doesn't (due to trauma) want anything to do with her daughter.

Tom was infected by the silvery thing which might have affected his sperm?

The baby reminded me of the baby in 'Son of the Mask'. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux858-ApfsM
  • edwinbotedwinbot Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »

And our assassin. At first, I thought Hal, now I'm not so sure. There are only a handful of people that it could be though (those in that room when they were discussing the mission to destroy that power plant). Interesting stuff.

As they came in and scanned the map afterwards I'd say it was someone not in the room at the time. They had to discover the plan.

Now, if I think who else is having hallucinations and the relationship to walk into the presidents office without raising eyebrows while tjhey are off on a mission....Mommy!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    That was an ok return. Glad the series has time jumped forward, although 7 months I feel is too short a time for the community to develop, but am prepared to overlook that as I think the new setting / society can only enhance the series with its potential for stories.

It is also clear that the time jump was also to accommodate the aging kids on the show.

Happy we now have a season long arc n the form of the mole story. Will be interesting to see where the baby plot leads too. I only hope they do not make her the saviour of Mankind and also hope they avoid doing a rapid ageing story on her - already done by V and The 4400!
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really great start I think. Very interesting two episodes. I really appreciate that there not completely relying on the new Aliens for the story. They, along with the rebel skitters apeared abit in the first episode. And hardly at all in the second. I was worried they were gonna rely too much, so happy bout that.

The baby thing is creepy as hell. When it was smiling, I seriously got chills. I dunno why, but babies give me the creeps.

Who the traitor is, I dunno. I first thought it was Hal, but he was with Anne when Arthur was shot I think. I have a feeling its Marina, but I dunno. Will be interesting to see what happens.

One think I don't like, is I never know how time is passing in the show. It seems like these episodes were over a few days, with Hals dreams/reality in between. But then Anne seemed to go from working, to into labour, to bringing the child out of the medical bay home, then back to work in a single day. Just confuses me!!!
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    It also occurred to me that I think Anne is the only one that can work the harness extractor thingy, maybe it's a side effect of using that (just an alternative thought).

It's an odd show. It's improved every season but still seems to lurch between really good stuff and strangely banal stuff.

It also suffers from toomuchmusicitis, where they feel the need to underscore every scene.
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The baby thing is creepy as hell. When it was smiling, I seriously got chills. I dunno why, but babies give me the creeps.

The baby was creepy. I love babies (hence being a father of two), but seeing one doing things like that at that age ... spooky, very, very spooky. I really do wonder what they've got planned.
    One think I don't like, is I never know how time is passing in the show. It seems like these episodes were over a few days, with Hals dreams/reality in between. But then Anne seemed to go from working, to into labour, to bringing the child out of the medical bay home, then back to work in a single day. Just confuses me!!!

I sorta enjoyed the first season. Got bored part way through the second.

Then watched the opener for season 3 when I saw it was out ..... Holy <bleep>, when did this show get good? So yesterday after re-watching the first 6 episodes of series 2, the whole time thing just struck me as being confusing. There's something disconnected from time about it all.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She says the baby is a week old at one point so there's a week between her giving birth and going back to work,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SPOILER

Does anyone find the new talking aliens ridiculous on Falling Skies?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Terry O Quinn was killed off because he had 666 Park Ave to film....
    Shame, he probably would've featured more if it had been known it wouldn't last
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    I wonder if Terry O Quinn was killed off because he had 666 Park Ave to film....
    Shame, he probably would've featured more if it had been known it wouldn't last

I thought 666 Park Ave was cancelled before he filmed Falling Skies.
  • bob187bob187 Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the point of (mis) using the spoiler function, when you've announced the spoiler in the thread title!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob187 wrote: »
    What's the point of (mis) using the spoiler function, when you've announced the spoiler in the thread title!
    It's not much of a spoiler....

It would be easy to think the thread is about the overlords, hench the spoiler before I say its about volm
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    How many f*****g times did they say "seven months" in these 2 episodes???

That aside, a good return....with some stupidity. No way in hell could Hal get up and walk out without anyone noticing him. Too predictable for him to be the mole, but it would be pointless for it to not be someone we know. Tector is the only other person who fits what we've seen. The Berserckers are too stupid to be spies - why are they talking about Mexico when they have somewhere safe + tonnes of opportunities to shoot aliens??

Creepy baby and Matt with his new stupid hair - don't care. Both can go away.

Cochise....too good to be true in the long run, but might as well use him and his group while they can.
    Forum Member
    Come unstuck this week - turned it off when Tom started speaking at the end, then read a review saying they came under attack in the final moments :o

Decent episode. Losing another character, giving Pope a genuine reason to be pissed off for once. The real president is alive and hiding like a pussy :) No way other groups will be happy with the 2nd Mass' working with aliens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else notice that 'Son of the Mask' seemed to be smiling when the attack happened?
    Forum Member
    Yep. Still struggling to care, tbh. I can't stress how much I hate babies being introduced to shows, especially when it's a creepy baby.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OUCH!!

Viewers are NOT taking to this season at all!

Premiere double episode got 4.2 million viewers and 1.5 in the demo
    Sundays episode sank to a SERIES low 2.7 million viewers and 1.0 in the demo
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, first few minutes of the first episode were ok - downhill from then on :(

Robert Sean Leonard - after House I knew he was going to be p!ss poor but even I didn't think he was going to be quite so awful. He made House difficult to watch, I think he may well be the final nail in the coffin for Falling Skies for me.

But the worst sin - apart from being stupidly plotted with lazy dialogue and practically absent charactorsation - is that it has become boring. I don't mind nonsense when it is entertaining nonsense. Falling Skies seems to not be entertaining anymore :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think the baby is the mole, it was listening on on convo while in mums tum, also think it was the machine and not toms sperm that made the baby odd.

really enjoying it,