Why are there such big gaps between series with Silent Witness?

SJFerrolSJFerrol Posts: 357
Forum Member
I mean it's only February surely there could be another series this year

Comments

• Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When this series started I thought it was was very early in the year, compared to usual. Don't they usually air in the autumn?

But I do hate the feeling I get when I hear '[x] will return next year' or similar.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Until that finished, didnt they have to fit it around Emila's committments to Merlin?

Was there a series of either SW or Merlin, where they would have to have covered up her real life pregnancy?

I know near the end of said pregnancy, she did Who Do You Think Are and that was about a month before she gave birth, as it was referenced in the show.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Isn't that usually the case with BBC dramas?

1 a year?
  • ms2608ms2608 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought I read somewhere that this series was likely to be the last one? I think that the budget was cut quite drastically and they now have to film much more of the storyline in the "office" with much less being filmed on location.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly hope that the next series won't be too long in coming.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When this series started I thought it was was very early in the year, compared to usual. Don't they usually air in the autumn?

But I do hate the feeling I get when I hear '[x] will return next year' or similar.

Silent Witness has been airing at the beginning of the year for a good few years now. Last year one of the episodes was postponed due to similarities to a court case and was shown in August.