Girls Aloud SPLIT - 2002-2013!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Girls Aloud lasted December 2002 - April 2009 and then returned for October 2012 - March 2013, so roughly seven years they were together.

JLS were on X-Factor in 2008 so if they last another two years then they'll have outlasted them.

Funny how people want to re-write history and add all inactivity of 2009-2012 as part of the ten years.

Girls Aloud only reformed in order to split at a high profile level. This is quite their obvious intention from the start. Naughty how they kept that from their fans.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just look at the difference :o

Nicola
    Forever Alouder's..
    Thankyou from all the corners of my heart. You made my dreams come true when I was so young, we are a decade in and..you've given us more than I ever imagined. Memories &
    Dreams that I will hold in my heart forever. Sisters who I will never let leave my..side. Who only could have known how crazy our journey would be but we have the best fans in the whole wide world beside us. This is true..Today has been teary and my eyes are swollen. Its the start of a new chapter, lets smile and celebrate what we did together..Love u. Forever an Alouder. Nicola x

Sarah
    #bestrong We have all shared the happiest days of our lives. We've laughed, we've cried and we've all grown together as a family....You all mean so much to me and you have given me the dream, I thank you all so much more than u will ever truly know...Now is the start of a new,amazing journey and who knows what the future will bring?!But i love you all and always will plz never forget it!

Kimberley
    To our Alouders, Just wanna say please don't be sad today we have had some amazing years together and we should be celebrating the...........incredible memories. I will always be there for you all and I know you will for me. This is just the beginning of a new journey and ........ it's gonna be fun. Love you all for your unconditional support 💋

Nadine
    You should know by now I had no part in any of this split business. I couldn't stop them. I had the best time & want to keep going. Xxxx
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    Funny how people want to re-write history and add all inactivity of 2009-2012 as part of the ten years.

Girls Aloud only reformed in order to split at a high profile level. This is quite their obvious intention from the start. Naughty how they kept that from their fans.

Call me cynical, but I think the whole reunion was an excuse for them to earn some extra cash before splitting for good.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kieran DS you obviously didn't look further down nadines twitter did u? she posted her message to fans too much like the other members of the group and i must say it's a nice one....
    i'm glad she's made it known she wasnt the one that made this happen because everyone will always automatically blame her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nadine met this hardcore fan (@newyorknothing) the night after the split and the fan asked how long the split was planned, where Nadine was apparently upset and said that she found out only on the night that Girls Aloud were splitting.
    http://instagram.com/p/XIttp8qg0K/
    Poor Nadine has a teary-eyed face in the above photo

Hmmm.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always expected them to break up after they did say it was a once off(I think) tour reunion .

They didn't ever say they were back for good only back to do a reunion tour. I thought I remembered seeing an article where they said they were doing a once off tour before going back to their own projects?
    (not sure if this is where it said it)
    http://www.digitalspy.ie/music/news/a316166/girls-aloud-to-return-in-2012-with-cheryl-cole.html

I really doubt that Nadine would've known nothing about the split hence why she was tweeting about tears a few nights before because she knew it was coming to an end.

If you saw Girls Aloud on stage you can tell they seemed genuinely happy together. People need to stop listening to this rumors the media are trying to create with Nadine vs the others. With there being 5 in the band there's always going to be the one who your the closest to in the band.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call me cynical, but I think the whole reunion was an excuse for them to earn some extra cash before splitting for good.

You may be cynical but you're also 100% correct. :cool:
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »

Hmmm.

I don't buy it, I really doubt Nadine would say something like that to some random fan.

Months ago Cheryl wrote in her book what was happening with GA, she said,
    By the time this book is published Girls Aloud will have recorded this year’s Children in Need single, which is also a celebration of our tenth anniversary as a group, and we’ll hopefully be working on a tour and greatest hits album. Then I think that’s it for Girls Aloud. We’ve achieved far more than any of us ever dared to dream of and, whatever happens next, I know we’ll always be in each other’s lives.

It all happened, they have had this planned for months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One final question; why have people continually referred to Girls Aloud as a band in this thread and throughout their careers? They really aren't a band in any meaningful sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've nothing against them wanting to earn some money and doing a proper farewell tour was the right thing. But I think they should have been honest that they were splitting up from the start as it's unkind to lead their fans on that there was more albums in the pipeline.

And you know that there will be reunion plans in the years to come a la Spice Girls.
    Forum Member
    I've nothing against them wanting to earn some money and doing a proper farewell tour was the right thing. But I think they should have been honest that they were splitting up from the start as it's unkind to lead their fans on that there was more albums in the pipeline.

And you know that there will be reunion plans in the years to come a la Spice Girls.

Well they should have told their fans last year that they were going to split. Most fans expected a full reunion with more studio albums rather than just another GH album with 4 new songs, one of which is absolute crap. On a side note, I've noticed The Sound of Girls Aloud was removed from iTunes. Is this because Ten has a lot of the same songs?
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they should have told their fans last year that they were going to split. Most fans expected a full reunion with more studio albums rather than just another GH album with 4 new songs, one of which is absolute crap. On a side note, I've noticed The Sound of Girls Aloud was removed from iTunes. Is this because Ten has a lot of the same songs?

But they did. Well Cheryl said as much in her autobiography. In all honesty, they owe their fans nothing. It doesn't matter what the fans "expected" - they were too dumb to read between the lines.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They were always intending to split up again after they haven't been dishonest at all. Them coming back doing the Ten tour was their way of saying goodbye.

"Girls Aloud will return in 2012 to mark their tenth anniversary, it has been confirmed.

Contrary to reports suggesting that the band would reunite as a four-piece without Cheryl Cole, their manager Hilary Shaw has announced that all five girls will perform together next year.

However, Shaw ruled out the prospect of new material from the band as they are all busy working on separate solo projects, MTV reports."

http://www.digitalspy.ie/music/news/a316166/girls-aloud-to-return-in-2012-with-cheryl-cole.html
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Little Mix and The Saturdays if they get their first No 1 on Sunday will take over, but tbh The Saturdays should have taken over in 2009 after GA released Untouchable.

Little Mix have youth on their side and are bettere marketed well imo then the Sats, the Sats whould take over but personally i don't think they will be far behind GA tbh.

Where as LM still have a few more years in them.
  • sanfran1sanfran1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=KieranDS;64921300]I guess that's what happens when you just refer to them as "work colleagues" :o[/QUOTE]
    KieranDS wrote: »

Nicola
    Forever Alouder's..
    Thankyou from all the corners of my heart. You made my dreams come true when I was so young, we are a decade in and..you've given us more than I ever imagined. Memories &
    Dreams that I will hold in my heart forever. Sisters who I will never let leave my..side. Who only could have known how crazy our journey would be but we have the best fans in the whole wide world beside us. This is true..Today has been teary and my eyes are swollen. Its the start of a new chapter, lets smile and celebrate what we did together..Love u. Forever an Alouder. Nicola x

Sarah
    #bestrong We have all shared the happiest days of our lives. We've laughed, we've cried and we've all grown together as a family....You all mean so much to me and you have given me the dream, I thank you all so much more than u will ever truly know...Now is the start of a new,amazing journey and who knows what the future will bring?!But i love you all and always will plz never forget it!

Kimberley
    To our Alouders, Just wanna say please don't be sad today we have had some amazing years together and we should be celebrating the...........incredible memories. I will always be there for you all and I know you will for me. This is just the beginning of a new journey and ........ it's gonna be fun. Love you all for your unconditional support 💋

Nadine
    You should know by now I had no part in any of this split business. I couldn't stop them. I had the best time & want to keep going. Xxxx
    Kieran DS you obviously didn't look further down nadines twitter did u? she posted her message to fans too much like the other members of the group and i must say it's a nice one....
    i'm glad she's made it known she wasnt the one that made this happen because everyone will always automatically blame her.

Yes Kieran, it's so obvious from all your posts that you think Cheryl can do no wrong and, in a sneaky way, you try to malign Nadine, all the while claiming to be a fan of Girls Aloud (all of them) Yeah, right :rolleyes:

BIB
    OMG she referred to her bandmates as work colleagues - she told the truth!!!

I rest my case.
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    One final question; why have people continually referred to Girls Aloud as a band in this thread and throughout their careers? They really aren't a band in any meaningful sense.

Band

- A group of people who have a common interest or purpose.

So they are girls, and they also all have a common interest (singing) and purpose (releasing music) therefore they're a girlband.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Band

- A group of people who have a common interest or purpose.

So they are girls, and they also all have a common interest (singing) and purpose (releasing music) therefore they're a girlband.

I see we aren't going for the traditional definition with regards to a band in popular music. That is, a group of people who play instruments and write songs as well as performing as a unit.

Nice googling though.
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see we aren't going for the traditional definition with regards to a band in popular music. That is, a group of people who play instruments and write songs as well as performing as a unit.

Nice googling though.

But in popular music, all "groups" are referred to a bands. Boybands, Girlbands... etc
    Forum Member
    Sweet7 wrote: »
    But in popular music, all "groups" are referred to a bands. Boybands, Girlbands... etc

Even in Popstars The Rivals both the boy and girl groups were referred to as bands rather than groups.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet7 wrote: »

Incorrectly so in many cases.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

Nadine

Why have you only posted that part?

Nadine's message was very sweet:
    I love you @GirlsAloud fans so so so so so much! You have given me everything! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

All the hairflips, twisted ankles, early mornings, late nights, sore throats, tears and facing height fears are all to try and give you the show you deserve!

I have seen many of you at the tour work as hard as us! That is why I cried last night on stage and probably tonight again. Not sad, happy tears. I cannot thank you enough. I love seeing all your faces. Ok more tears. I love you all forever. Xxxxx NC. You should know by now I had no part in any of this split business. I couldn't stop them. I had the best time & want to keep going. Xxxx
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, it isn't incorrect, you obviously have a certain image of a band when you think of the word, Girls Aloud are labelled a band because they're instruments are their voices, you have bands like The Rolling Stones where they play instruments and sing, and then you have bands like Girls Aloud who just sing, it's not a matter of wrong definition, it's simply what a band is, it can mean both of these examples. What you perceive as a band is correct, but there is more than one type in regards to music.
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe it's not incorrect, and it's just that your view is.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll still think about them every now and then... :cry:

JOKE, they'll never die in my heart! :cool:
  • Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone think that either Ten or any of the singles will re-appear in the charts tomorrow, just downloaded Ten myself, even though I have the CD, and Something New!!, hopeully the girls get a decent send off.