Anybody Else Bored Of James Arthur Impossible Yet?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Its only about a month old or so but WOW its ageing badly.
Am I the only person who is bored of the song already.
It may be a top selling song but for me its already sounding tired.

Anyone else bored of it by now?

Comments

• Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hated his version from day 1
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #9 in the UK for the original version is about it's correct level.

As an X Factor winner's song, it was a very poor one.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually haven't heard it since the final.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I find it funny people can even say this when the single's broken records, he's broken records and he's the most credible artist to come out of the X Factor. Also the radios wouldn't play it so much if they got bored of it that easily.

He's done so well, so give it up. Unfortunately for you, he's here to stay. :p
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it funny people can even say this when the single's broken records, he's broken records and he's the most credible artist to come out of the X Factor. Also the radios wouldn't play it so much if they got bored of it that easily.

I actually like James, but don't count your chickens just yet,many people have said so and so is here to stay only to be proven wrong.

If his music is weak when he comes back then he will be gone. We never actually got to see what his own music was like, it may not connect to the public the way the covers did.
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, go listen to chris maloney
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »

As I didn't watch X-F this year, I haven't heard the whole song! I tried, I really tried, but couldn't cope with it! :eek:
  • konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hated his version from day 1

I cant stand the song since he performed it during XF Finale. Never could even finish the whole song - too much pain to endure
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What makes him more credible than any other XF winner?
  • MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »

I wish I could say the same,Whenever possible, I switch it off, unfortunately, it isn't always possible.
  • Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member

Funny how many people said that about Matt. "He's so credible" "He's sold over a million of his single"

His debut album didn't top the charts and although it sold reasonably well, his second hasn't sold that great. I see James going the same way. Matt for all his faults seems like a much nicer guy than James too.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    Its only about a month old or so but WOW its ageing badly.
    Am I the only person who is bored of the song already.
    It may be a top selling song but for me its already sounding tired.

Anyone else bored of it by now?

Probably best not to listen to it continuously, and try other songs.:p:D
  • unicornsunicorns Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    No. I love the song. I haven't gotten tired of it yet. I listen to it every day! :D

Then again.. they don't play it on the radio here, so it's easier to not get sick of it.. lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope I still like it. I tend to like the songs I like forever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I`ve hated it since I first heard it on the radio, and it is always on!!
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    Not heard it or watch the video
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's alright (still), and I suppose if I had the choice of hearing Impossible all over the radio or Jahmene's song, I'd choose James' quite easily. But one thing I do wonder about James is whether or not the way he turns songs into his own an will limit how much longevity he can possibly have.I'm not sure how long it will take for people to become bored of how James sings in general, though if the material is decent I think it should be ok.
  • unicornsunicorns Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    It's alright (still), and I suppose if I had the choice of hearing Impossible all over the radio or Jahmene's song, I'd choose James' quite easily. But one thing I do wonder about James is whether or not the way he turns songs into his own an will limit how much longevity he can possibly have.I'm not sure how long it will take for people to become bored of how James sings in general, though if the material is decent I think it should be ok.

Jahmene is a gospel singer. He has an incredible voice, true. But I get easily bored of guys like him. Besides.. I don't think he has much of a personality.

James have longevity exactly because he makes songs into his own. He also writes his own songs. He is unique. He's not like all the other artists out there, which is what makes him interesting imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem is that the song is performed and sounds like it could be appropriate for a funeral. It's very dirgelike.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unicorns wrote: »
    Jahmene is a gospel singer. He has an incredible voice, true. But I get easily bored of guys like him. Besides.. I don't think he has much of a personality.

James have longevity exactly because he makes songs into his own. He also writes his own songs. He is unique. He's not like all the other artists out there, which is what makes him interesting imo.

Bib - You haven't said what you think of James' (lack of) personality .......
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've stopped listening to the radio as it's played every time I switch it on. You can get too much of a bad thing.
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like it in the first place, no one and i mean NO ONE can outdo the original. James Arthur is trash. Shontelle's version is full of emotion, which is why I like it.
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just responding to 'the most credible artist' tag, sorry I don't see this. I like James and wish him all the best, and indeed voted for him, but most of the winners have been 'credible'. I know Leona & Alex was gigging for years before XF and Leona recorded as well, and of course Matt was certainly doing his own thing before XF, so it is not a case of who is the more credible. I really wish all who has entered the XF all the very best and good luck to them but in my eyes, no one is more credible than another.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmusic wrote: »
    Just responding to 'the most credible artist' tag, sorry I don't see this. I like James and wish him all the best, and indeed voted for him, but most of the winners have been 'credible'. I know Leona & Alex was gigging for years before XF and Leona recorded as well, and of course Matt was certainly doing his own thing before XF, so it is not a case of who is the more credible. I really wish all who has entered the XF all the very best and good luck to them but in my eyes, no one is more credible than another.

I think more the problem is how do you define 'credible'. I am sure if you asked a number of people what they mean by 'credible' they would come up up with a number of different versions of a definition. I feel it's a bit of a throwaway term when you cant think of anything to say that someone is better than someone else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It still seems to be played by Radio 2, and I have to switch it off every-time it comes on. Not only am I not fond of the song, but the way James sings it (especially towards the end) just does my head in. :p