Comments

• occyoccy Posts: 64,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Greg Dyke.
  • ClatterClatter Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    true but the rights are up quite soon so that will be one of his tasks as it is their main source of income

A new 3 year deal for the Premier League was signed only last year, so what rights are up soon?
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I had a bet on him, i think it was inevitable that he was going to get the FC chairmen's job. Especially, when you consider that he has flitted around so many other posts previously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's see if he cuts the internal market (player transfers), reduces overheads (more player-managers), does something about the hideously white nature of management and introduces players dressed as giant rats.

What he does have is experience at the top of an iconic national institution, handling large budgets, dealing with controversy and handling the press. Sounds good to me.
  • henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clatter wrote: »
    A new 3 year deal for the Premier League was signed only last year, so what rights are up soon?

The FA don't control the TV rights to the Premier League. They control the rights to England home matches and the FA Cup.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hendero wrote: »
    The FA don't control the TV rights to the Premier League. They control the rights to England home matches and the FA Cup.

So when are those rights next up for grabs ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    So when are those rights next up for grabs ?

After the 2013/14 season for the FA Cup, and after Brazil 2014 for the England team.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/16/fa-cup-england-internationals-itv

Maybe Greg Dyke will be ok, let's hope so. I just would have liked to see someone with the international credibility within the sport that someone like Seb Coe brought to the London Olympics and now the British Olympic Association. Not sure who in the world of English football would fit the bill. Trevor Brooking maybe?
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So with Greg Dyke been in charge of the FA are we to expect Alan Shearer to be the DG of the BBC.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hendero wrote: »
    After the 2013/14 season for the FA Cup, and after Brazil 2014 for the England team.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/16/fa-cup-england-internationals-itv

Maybe Greg Dyke will be ok, let's hope so. I just would have liked to see someone with the international credibility within the sport that someone like Seb Coe brought to the London Olympics and now the British Olympic Association. Not sure who in the world of English football would fit the bill. Trevor Brooking maybe?

David Beckham obviously, far better known internationally than Brooking. But then you have a man from the post office now running ITV - where does that sort of experience come in ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    David Beckham obviously, far better known internationally than Brooking. But then you have a man from the post office now running ITV - where does that sort of experience come in ?

Beckham is still playing, hasn't had a job on the business/admin side of the sport, and probably isn't the sharpest tool in the box.

Adam Crozier was with Satchi & Satchi for ten years so has some sort of relevant experience for ITV. How he got the FA or Post Office gigs is a bit of a mystery. He wasn't brilliant in either, but seems to have done pretty well in his current role.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So with Greg Dyke been in charge of the FA are we to expect Alan Shearer to be the DG of the BBC.

Didnt realise broadcasting experience was a requirement for the job. Thought the DG was meant to be independent.
  • Anthony_RyanAnthony_Ryan Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Now that Greg Dyke is the chairman of the FA I hope that it will lead to live coverage of the FA Cup Final going back to BBC TV. ITV's coverage of football is awful. I also hope that the kick off time for the final will be switched back to the traditional 3.pm start.