Is he the wannabe rapper?
  • Lisa_CharleneLisa_Charlene Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was an amazing skater, it is a shame he wasn't in the final show
  • Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really missed Chris this series. I think he could have won. I think sam would have gone sooner and Chris all the way to the final. Would have really shaken things up. I fear for Chris that he will never get work again in the industry.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think had Chris taken part we'd have a seen a proper battle between him and Ray and the end wouldn't have been such a forgone conclusion.
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's Chris' own fault, no sympathy here.

Yes, the final ever series would've been better with him there and he would've given Ray a run for his money, but he ruined all that himself.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxyred wrote: »
    Is he the wannabe rapper?

No, he's the very talented young man who stupidly alowed his 'mates' to film him jokingly free styling years before his ITV career even started
  • mag99mag99 Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Chris Fountain twice after tour shows and the ssecond time he was one of only two people to come out (the other was the lovely Donal MacIntyre) he was patient and had time for the fans who had waited to see him. Shame they couldn't at least give him some credit tonight
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, let us have a known woman - hater (women are the Oppressed Majority) onto a show enjoyed by millions of women because...who cares if men hate you, right???!!! See it as a compliment if they talk about you, 'you whingeing imbeciles!'

If that fool had sung the SAME lyrics about black people, hands up on here how many would want his return? But it was just women, right?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I wish he'd been back too. Yes what he did was stupid but it doesnt take away the fact hes the best skater DOI has ever seen. Watching him on the 2010 tour was like watching the pros. He was amazing and I think he would have won it had he been there.

Not to mention the fact hes a lovely guy. Every single time I saw him on the DOI tour he always came to the stage door and signed for EVERYONE and took time to speak to people and appreciate their support. The same cant be said for some of the other celebs!
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    No, he's the very talented young man who stupidly alowed his 'mates' to film him jokingly free styling years before his ITV career even started

It was made ONE year before it became public knowledge meaning he was an ITV employee at the time
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish he'd been back too. Yes what he did was stupid but it doesnt take away the fact hes the best skater DOI has ever seen. Watching him on the 2010 tour was like watching the pros. He was amazing and I think he would have won it had he been there.

Not to mention the fact hes a lovely guy. Every single time I saw him on the DOI tour he always came to the stage door and signed for EVERYONE and took time to speak to people and appreciate their support. The same cant be said for some of the other celebs!

Ted Bundy was a GREAT lawyer...let us have him do what he wants to do because, shucks, he is GREAT at it! People thought he was lovely too!!!

I really WORRY about stupid people like you! He is ON RECORD as a disgusting, woman-hating man...yet you still defend him??

You are either thick or hopelessly infatuated. Neither of which is good.
  • PeggysDadPeggysDad Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think we need some salt and vinegar for a few of the chips on shoulders here.

Chris was the only celeb who could have given Ray a competition. He made a mistake, yes, but who hasn't.

Some of you need to grow up a little.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    Ted Bundy was a GREAT lawyer...let us have him do what he wants to do because, shucks, he is GREAT at it! People thought he was lovely too!!!

I really WORRY about stupid people like you! He is ON RECORD as a disgusting, woman-hating man...yet you still defend him??

Yes Chris was stupid, but comparisons with a serial killer really are OTT
  • 39_Steps39_Steps Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    PeggysDad wrote: »

Chris was the only celeb who could have given Ray a competition. He made a mistake, yes, but who hasn't.

Nope, don't agree. A mistake would be something like 'Oops, I just reversed into your car' not 'Oops, I wrote a rap about raping women, had it videoed and posted it online.'
  • dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Couldn't agree with you more in everything you said.

As for this last series of DOI. As interesting as it was and as good as Ray is, I do believe it would have been all the more better for it if Chris could have been here to at least compete with Ray.

He is the only other celebrity skater close enough in skills to match Ray. Whether he could have gone on further into the competition I don't know because from some of the views on here, people are still unforgiving towards him so It's a possibility he wouldn't have last long on the show. However due to TPTB on DOI being scared of the reaction if they had invited him or if they did and he turned it down, we'll never know I guess.

Still it would have been all the more richer a last series to see the battle between the two of them because Chris would have push Ray more in a way that Hayley or even Beth or Sam never could. People love/like and admired those three and a few other favourites but with Chris quite a few others really believe that he was (almost) equally matched in skills that Ray had/has.

So yeah while Ray is my favourite ever celebrity skater on DOI, Chris nearly pushes pass him and maybe if he had been on this last series, he may have gone pass Ray IF he showed improvement in his technical skills.

Oh well, never to be. :cry::(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    39_Steps wrote: »
    Nope, don't agree. A mistake would be something like 'Oops, I just reversed into your car' not 'Oops, I wrote a rap about raping women, had it videoed and posted it online.'

Would you like scraps and a bun with that?
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Chris had actually won series 3 then it would have been more difficult for him to be excluded. As it was, he didn't win - Suzanne Shaw won (in my view the right result) and so it was Suzanne rather than Chris who got to compete in the champion of champions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    If Chris had actually won series 3 then it would have been more difficult for him to be excluded. As it was, he didn't win - Suzanne Shaw won (in my view the right result) and so it was Suzanne rather than Chris who got to compete in the champion of champions.

Suzanne wasn't even close to Chris in ability....how she won that series is beyond me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    He was good but not that good! It's simply astonishing how overrated he is- really? Best skater DOI has ever seen? Would have given Ray a run for his money? Would have won? Wow... Suzanne was so much better than him in S3 and she came 6th! The best of all time were Kyran, Suzanne, Hayley and Ray. Then comes the likes of Sam, Beth, Clare, Bonnie, Chris, Jessica etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzanne wasn't even close to Chris in ability....how she won that series is beyond me.

We will have to agree to disagree on that. Chris may have been a good skater but he didn't have anywhere near the artistic quality to his skating that Suzanne did so it was no surprise to me that she won series 3. In the final she completely outclassed him.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Chris was the best skater this show ever had, if only he could have taken part it would have been more fun.
  • 39_Steps39_Steps Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Would you like scraps and a bun with that?

Nope, I'd like people in the public eye to behave properly. I know it's a big ask, but....
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    I doubt we'll see Chris on Tv for years to come

and I believe had he not done that rap he would have been in the season
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zelda fan wrote: »
    Chris was the best skater this show ever had, if only he could have taken part it would have been more fun.

Well, I guess that you and Christopher Dean will have to agree to disagree on that seeing as Chris confirmed tonight that, in his opinion, Ray is the best the show has ever had.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Cadhla* wrote: »

Great comment and along the lines of what I wanted to say. To be fair, why even talk to the empty heads who think it's fine to have yourself filmed at any age, in any place, boasting about raping women?

Sheeesh.