Provisional Driving License - Lost paper part

starinyoureyestarinyoureye Posts: 1,201
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello,
I have lost or thrown away the paper part of my provisional driving license (I still have the card) and I have a theory test booked for the 12th of December, what do I do?

You need both the paper and the card for the test :mad:
I had no idea you had to keep the paper part aswell :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :rolleyes:you will have to ring the dvla and ask for them to send you a new one out. you might have to pay too!
  • maccymaccy Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
  • starinyoureyestarinyoureye Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maccy wrote: »

Will the license number be the same because I have applied for the theory and they're obviously not going to accept another license number.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can get a form from the post office and apply for a replacement licence, which is what I had to do (threw my paper part away too thinking I didn't need it!) You can ring them up too and give them your card details over the phone for a replacement, which may be quicker. I think it's about £15 or something. The licence number will be the same on your replacement because they already have all your details.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for you help, one is on its way in the post :). Phoning is a lot quicker than online I have to say lol.
  • Hopeless_SavageHopeless_Savage Posts: 2,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it reaches you in time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They said up to 5 days, so I have plenty of time :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,449
    Forum Member
    Hello,
    I have lost or thrown away the paper part of my provisional driving license (I still have the card) and I have a theory test booked for the 12th of December, what do I do?

You need both the paper and the card for the test :mad:

I lost mine around 7 days befor my test. I phoned up and they put mine through as a priority and I got it 2 days befor my test.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,449
    Forum Member
    Thanks for you help, one is on its way in the post :). Phoning is a lot quicker than online I have to say lol.

I should have read the whole thread befor i posted :o But thats what I did:)
    Glad its on its way for you.
  • exploexplo Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why did you think they bothered sending it to you? Or told you that you had to sign it?
  • TheFirstCutTheFirstCut Posts: 7,306
    Forum Member
    What's wrong with people?

What is the point of them sending you the paper part if you didn't need it! :rolleyes:
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's wrong with people?

What is the point of them sending you the paper part if you didn't need it! :rolleyes:

I suppose some people might think that it's just part of the crap that they send you with the licence (like the leaflets).
  • TheFirstCutTheFirstCut Posts: 7,306
    Forum Member
    Daveoc64 wrote: »
    I suppose some people might think that it's just part of the crap that they send you with the licence (like the leaflets).

Right, I don't suppose they read that they need to keep it, though when I got my new style license after moving address, from having an old-style paper only one, I was issued with a cover for it, which you placed both the paper and the photo-card in.