Kylie Minogue - 'Get It Up Ya' (ft. Brooke Candy)

elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
Forum Member
✭✭
The world is ready for new Kylie Minogue era! The goddess of pop is working on her 12th studio album, the follow-up to 2010′s “Aphrodite“, that’s scheduled for release in early 2014. This new album is her first under the production of Jay-Z’s label Roc Nation.

The lead single is officially called “Get It Up Ya“, it’s planned to premiere in November and it has the collaboration of American rapper and stripper Brooke Candy. She’s known for appearing in Grime’s music video of her track “Genesis“, released last year.

The 45-year-old pop diva teased her new material by unveiling buzz single “Skirt” in May. Australian singer recently collaborated on the song “Limpido” (“Limpio” in Spanish), included on the greatest hits compilation of the Italian singer Laura Pausini.

Not a site I use but Kylie fansites seem to think this is legitimate

Comments

• AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brooke Candy is a rapper.

Rap will alienate her core audience.
  • cf80cf80 Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    This has been rumoured for a while now...that article seems to be pieced together from various sites around the net.

Until we get an official statement I wouldn't believe anything. From what I've seen from official sources, the album is still being recorded, suggesting that they haven't got anything locked in yet.
  • BeatsDuJourBeatsDuJour Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    If this does turn out to be true then I'll be a little disappointed. I can't help but think that Kylie's management deal with Roc Nation is influencing her (and the people she's working with) to keep one eye strictly on the US market in regards to the direction the new album is taking. I still can't believe she's even participating in The Voice, she doesn't need to.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get It Up Ya?

And that means??? :confused::D

I hope its better than that awful promo track she released in the Summer cause that was just dire
    Forum Member
    I do think people underestimate how far Kylie has fallen in terms of commerical potential. Since the 'Fever' album she has become less and less relevant in terms of music. She has a huge amount of goodwill from the public, which has carried her but in terms of sales she still sells a below average amount for someone of her status.

The last album, despite debuting at number 1, barely made it to sales of 300,000 and was pretty much dead in the water after the first single. Nobody really cared. Luckily she has become a strong touring act, who can almost guarantee good attendance figures.

However, without good music behind her, she will slowly drift into a 'touring the greatest hits' act. That's why I think this album is taking so long to be finished...her new management realise that she needs good quality material and a strong campaign.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aphrodite sold 320'000 in the UK.
    "X' sold 420'000 in the UK. (More than Body Language at 370k)
    ..Not to forget "The Abbey Rd Sessions" reached no 2 here and was a strong seller last Christmas. Kylie has nothing to worry about. With new material, a strong push and budget from her record label and RocNation, she has everything going for her. I have every faith she will hit platinum as she has done with each album over the last decade.

Besides, she'l be on our telly on a weekly basis from January. Not her best move, but it's clearly what RocNation want.

Cheryl sold just about a 100k with her last effort.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Do Americans know what "Get It Up Ya" means here and in Commonwealth countries like you know, Australia. Kind of important for Kylie. LOL.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    The title sounds rude:eek:
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »

and gain her a new one ..?
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »

There'll be a version sent out without the rap. There always is. R1 won't playlist it as Kylie will fall into the "too old" category.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Do Americans know what "Get It Up Ya" means here and in Commonwealth countries like you know, Australia. Kind of important for Kylie. LOL.

What does it mean in the UK?:confused:
    I don't know what "ya" means
    Forum Member
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    Aphrodite sold 320'000 in the UK.
    "X' sold 420'000 in the UK. (More than Body Language at 370k)
    ..Not to forget "The Abbey Rd Sessions" reached no 2 here and was a strong seller last Christmas. Kylie has nothing to worry about. With new material, a strong push and budget from her record label and RocNation, she has everything going for her. I have every faith she will hit platinum as she has done with each album over the last decade.

Besides, she'l be on our telly on a weekly basis from January. Not her best move, but it's clearly what RocNation want.

Cheryl sold just about a 100k with her last effort.

Sorry, I should have quoted the post of BeatsDuJour before I wrote what I wrote, as I was addressing why they thought she didn't need to do The Voice UK.

I agree mostly with what you wrote, although I do think that Kylie does have something to worry about *IF* she wants commercial success with this album(and that's a big IF at this stage of her career). You can't deny that her last few album campaigns have been messed up and didn't realise their full potential?! If 'X' managed to sell as much as it did off the back of the crappy single choices, can you imagine what it would have sold had they been braver and released other tracks.

I have faith in RocNation to do the job this time and it is also encouraging that they decided not to release the first single during the summer and the album in the autumn as planned. It shows that they realise that they need good material this time to sustain an album campaign, something that 'Aphrodite' sorely lacked. I just hope that we get some of the more interesting collaborations as opposed to them playing it safe like they always seem to do :(
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will reserve judgement until I actually hear her new material, I'm sure it'll be fine.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Brooke candy my love
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I so want this to be good, but the title just makes me think :eek::confused:

Hope I get a pleasant surprise when it comes out :p
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/kylie-minogue-get-it-up-ya-next-week/

Same site by the look of it, but using updated dates of a potential release / debut?