XF: Back To Basics 2 - The Grand Final!

SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ladies and gentleman, back around the middle of January, Back To Basics made a return to our screens with a familiar host, a returning judges and three new member of the panel, two of which who started their mentoring careers. We found out what their categories were and who were the Top 12 acts chosen for the game. Over the past several shows we have watched them all progressing towards being the best that they could be. We saw them sing dance and put everything they could into their song choices and they made us laugh, cry and fill up with pride for their mentors. But not everyone could be a winner as one by one they left the competition and in the Semi-Final it was no exception as another surprise departure was witnessed and we said goodbye to MK1 who were eliminated by the public vote.

Tonight, it's the one we've been waiting for and the one where the acts have been improving for, the grand final as we are left with three acts but only one can win.

Fighting for your votes to win are:

pingu58011 & The last of the Boys
Aiden Grimshaw

Kuda_Kunaka & The last of the Girls
Treyc Cohen

jackamakka who has no remaining Overs

bboy1988 & The last of the Groups
Little Mix

Welcome everyone to where your Tuesday night starts right here!
Alright this is the most important night of all as either Aiden, Treyc or Little Mix will become the Back To Basics Series 2 Champion, but we have a long night ahead of us so let's hope the judges have the momentum to carry on. Judges confirm your presence for the big one please.

Off-topic: Give me 5 minutes to sort out the rest of the stuff please.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    I am here
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am here
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I`m here and aiden is here to fight for the crown. I haven`t finished comments yet but I will soon!! :D
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacka may have to catch up later when he does, but let's get started.

So we begin with the first round which is all about party songs, so let's hope we don't have any party-poopers tonight.

First up for the final is the last remaining boy who many people are shocked to see making it this far, but he's here and opening the show with a mash-up, it's Aiden Grimshaw!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOk31vjr9NQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYOCJn5xvTE

Good feeling = Gf
    I kissed a girl = Ikg

Starts Ikg: 0:00 - 1:01
    Gf: 1:24 - 2:12
    Ikg: 1:02 - 1:54
    Gf: 2:41 - 2:55
    Forum Member
    Aiden

Aiden what a way to open the show. It started off with the slow I kssed a girl but then sped up with the good feeling.The vocals also stayed as good as always. I am so proud to have mentored you, and that has to be one of the best performances you have ever given!!
    Forum Member
    Aiden

Aiden for you to make any sort of impact on this final you really had to come out here and blow us away but you didn’t. I could see the William Fitzsimmons cover of that song coming for you a mile off as its been used for you in various different games I don’t feel that the two songs worked well together. I thought the theme was about party songs but what you have done is take two party songs and slow them down quite a lot tonight and made them edge on the boring side again. I am sorry Aiden it just didn’t cut it for me tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to sound mean when I say, everything is just so monotonous from you. On Floor Fillers night, you gave a dark performance and this was a similar theme to really get the bright upbeat side across, but slowed everything down I could've fallen asleep. Im quite surprised you are still here to be honest
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the best comments for Aiden but maybe his next performance can turn that around.

Next up is the last remaining girl and evacuate the dance-floor, everyone, it's Treyc Cohen!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLD7xn0cad4
    (I'm only joking. :p)
    Forum Member
    Treyc

Treyc well done on making it this far. I was glad a while ago in the competition when your mentor finally listened to my advice and cut out the rubbish from your performances and allowed your vocals to do the fighting. I think in the day this song was a smash in the clubs but I am not 100% convinced by your rendition tonight. I was glad to actually see a party song and something fun but I am just not totally convinced sorry.
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is my first post in one of these games, but as I understand it you choose songs that you think fit the artist?

If so, then why is the same person who gave a brilliant rendition of Mad World on the real show now singing to Katy Perry? :confused:
    Forum Member
    TreyC

TreyC I thought that was amazing. It was fun and so it should be on party songs and who wouldn`t want to be at your party with you singing. The vocals were amazing and you have done so well in this competition. I can`t wait for your duet!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treyc my girl, you had fun on stage, you worked that stage! Funny enough, you brought everybody on that stage (quite the contrary of the song's title).. You oozed fun and charisma, it was lighthearted and I just really enjoyed it. Well Done!
    Forum Member
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    This is my first post in one of these games, but as I understand it you choose songs that you think fit the artist?

If so, then why is the same person who gave a brilliant rendition of Mad World on the real show now singing to Katy Perry? :confused:

Yea we try to give songs that we feel are suited to the artists. But I hope you will stick around for the rest of the show and give your opinions on the songs and vote tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's mixed comments for Treyc but will her celeb duet increase her chances tonight?

Next up is the last remaining group and things are gonna get louder, it's Little Mix!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI62NlMa5V0
    Forum Member
    MuSiKe wrote: »

Its because its party songs week but I found one that fit his tone To the other judges I thought it was good and it fit his tone and its really hard to find a song for aiden on party songs but I did and he did it well!!
    Forum Member
    Little Mix

Girls I loved it. It was fun and still showed off your vocals. Outside of my category you have been my favouriite and in the semi final I was disapointed but you really brought it back. Whatever place you finish, be proud and your music career will not be ending any time soon!!
    Forum Member
    Little Mix

*Standing Ovation*

Girls that was just fantastic. Not only did you bring the party but your injected your own urban stamp on the final tonight. The vocals were just amazing again tonight. I love you girls and you have never failed to impress in this competition. You have come out here every week and gave a flawless performance and you deserve to be here and I really hope that the public will continue to vote for you as I feel you deserve to win this competition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls, that was great! The tempo of the song and the urban feel to it was a great mix and it suited you down to a tee. The harmonies were tight! Im so proud of you to come this far in the competition, I knew you'd go far so good luck tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a comeback for Little Mix and the audience were really enjoying that too!

So we come to the end of party songs and now it's time for the Celebrity Duets and back on stage with his celeb partner, it's Aiden Grimshaw!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk1Q9y6VVy0

Aiden:All this feels strange and untrue
    And I won't waste a minute without you
    My bones ache, my skin feels cold
    And I'm getting so tired and so old

Aiden: The anger swells in my guts
    And I won't feel these slices and cuts
    I want so much to open your eyes
    'Cos I need you to look into mine

The music will pause and Aiden will introduce Gary!!

Gary: Tell me that you'll open your eyes
    Tell me that you'll open your eyes

Gary: Get up, get out, get away from these liars

Aiden: 'Cos they don't get your soul or your fire
    Take my hand, knot your fingers through mine

Gary:And we'll walk from this dark room for the last time

Aiden: Every minute from this minute now
    We can do what we like anywhere

Gary: I want so much to open your eyes
    'Cos I need you to look into mine

Aiden: Tell me that you'll open your eyes

Aiden:Tell me that you'll open your eyes

Both: Tell me that you'll open your eyes

Gary: All this feels strange and untrue

Aiden: And I won't waste a minute without you
    Forum Member
    Aiden and Snow Patrol

Snow patrol thank you so much for coming and singing with my boy. You both smashed it, and I mean smashed it. The vocals from you aiden were incredible and the harmonies between both of you were just beautiful. As I say you deserve to be here tonight, no matter what the other judges say and I really hope after the performance and duet you win this competition but you have done so well and you`re one of the nicest boys Ive ever met. Please vote for this boy!!
    Forum Member
    Aiden

Aiden I love this group and this song but I can’t help but feeling let down and disappointed again by the song choice. I have heard you singing a Snow Patrol song before and to hear you coming up here and singing a Snow Patrol song I just felt as though there was a bit of lack of creativity with the choice of duet. Your mentor criticised me in the semi final when MK1 sang N Dubz and said it was obvious and predictable but has gone and done this tonight.
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry i missed the start guys, I'll just catch up from here

Aiden, I think that was a solid performance. This performance is so much better than what we've been subjected to recently. Great job in this performance and good luck to you tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aiden, I thought that was one of your better performance and thanks to Snow Patrol who took the whole performance to a whole new level. but I have to be honest, Ive kinda gone off you and enjoying your performances as most of them aren't great, but Ive tried to forget that and concentrate on this performance and I thought it was decent!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Aiden has done all he can, could he surprise us all again or will his luck run out?

Back on stage with her celeb partner who has more than no air, it's Treyc Cohen!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBKnpyoFEBo
    Forum Member
    bboy1988 wrote: »
    Aiden

Aiden I love this group and this song but I can’t help but feeling let down and disappointed again by the song choice. I have heard you singing a Snow Patrol song before and to hear you coming up here and singing a Snow Patrol song I just felt as though there was a bit of lack of creativity with the choice of duet. Your mentor criticised me in the semi final when MK1 sang N Dubz and said it was obvious and predictable but has gone and done this tonight.

I don`t remember him singing a snow patrol but N-dubz for MK1 is a bit different as they could easily be mistaken as a tribute act.