Start date for new series?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
Forum Member
Anyone know when the new series starts this year....I hope it stays the same as last year towards end of August.

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    They have the closed auditions and open auditions to fit in before bootcamp (at least I think that's what the format will be).

Otherwise, it would have been August 17th, or maybe a week later if they push the final a week later also (to finish on December 15th).

So, I think start-mid August.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    August 17th I think.
    There were less audition dates this year so I think it could start at the same time as last year since the area auditions will only be shown for one weekend one Saturday and one Sunday.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its so scary that we're only a month away from that time again!!! I always associate the start of x factor as the start to the run up to xmas !!
    Forum Member
    August 17th I think.
    There were less audition dates this year so I think it could start at the same time as last year since the arena auditions will only be shown for one weekend one Saturday and one Sunday.

Has it been confirmed?
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    They have the closed auditions and open auditions to fit in before bootcamp (at least I think that's what the format will be).

Otherwise, it would have been August 17th, or maybe a week later if they push the final a week later also (to finish on December 15th).

So, I think start-mid August.

I hope they do. X Factor is always associated with the lead-up to Christmas but it seems like it's starting and finishing earlier and earlier each year. They don't even bother putting the trees up on the final anymore :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it been confirmed?

Just a guess, the area auditions will begin next Monday and end on Thursday that's around the same kind of time frame as Bootcamp.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Can't believe it all starts again next month!
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    Can't believe it all starts again next month!

It's the tenth year, and I hope the producers get it right this year. The last two series, despite discovering some great talent, were underwhelming. There was no buzz, momentum, characters etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    its so scary that we're only a month away from that time again!!! I always associate the start of x factor as the start to the run up to xmas !!

Me too:DThere were rumours they were doing some dancing thingy but I think your face looks familar must have replaced that...They have six acts on thereand it has run for three wks I think maybe that will run for another three wks which will take us up to 3rd August so then maybe a week or two after that...My son birthday on 19th usually around that date,thanks for replies..I wonder what James Arthur new single will be.
    Forum Member
    It's the tenth year, and I hope the producers get it right this year. The last two series, despite discovering some great talent, were underwhelming. There was no buzz, momentum, characters etc.

I agree. We need to see a big effort from the producers. Bringing Sharon back isn't enough.
    Forum Member
    herejohno wrote: »
    Me too:DThere were rumours they were doing some dancing thingy but I think your face looks familar must have replaced that...They have six acts on thereand it has run for three wks I think maybe that will run for another three wks which will take us up to 3rd August so then maybe a week or two after that...My son birthday on 19th usually around that date,thanks for replies..I wonder what James Arthur new single will be.

If they follow the usual pattern and get James' album out in October then his new single should get premiered next month too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I think Simon said it may start in Septembe like series 1 as it's when kids go back to school, so tere will be children discussing it and everyone will be back from holiday, so they could do it every Saturday and Sunday.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will the first Promo's be released will it be second week in August >>
    Forum Member
    Mr Gossip wrote: »
    I think Simon said it may start in Septembe like series 1 as it's when kids go back to school, so tere will be children discussing it and everyone will be back from holiday, so they could do it every Saturday and Sunday.

But if it's Saturday & Sunday every weekend of the auditions, that could lead to overkill. And the competition really begins a bit later on anyway, so some time to gain momentum. There wouldn't really be just kids discussing it, as the show appeals highly to a number of other demographics.
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    I agree. We need to see a big effort from the producers. Bringing Sharon back isn't enough.

Gary needs to step it up, and there needs to be more banter between the judges, again something the last two series lacked. If they MUST put through a 'joke act', at least let it be someone who can sing, and is a marmite act, or at the very least, someone who people are going to be talking about.

Themes need to be less obvious, they should go back to themes that have proven popular with viewers, and if they are going to have the final at an arena again, they should at least make the set look a bit better, more like the studio set. And of course, celebrity duets in the final rather than mentor duets. This ensures the acts get to duet with someone that they can both compliment.

They shouldn't 'exploit' contestants (e.g Ceri Rees), cut acts at boot camp before they've even sung. I don't think they should go to the trouble of silly twists in the lives, or have a wildcard(s) - the judges should just put through the people they think have the potential to win. I think 12 is enough, if they go for 16 they may well do the double eliminations that they need early on, as to if they want to go for a 4 person final like 2010.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Bringing back classic and new auditions isn't enough. Bring back original Bootcamp as you saw singing instead of Judges arguing, and Judges Homes can have the mentor, star and audience of 100. No wildcards. Keep these categories.
    Forum Member
    Mr Gossip wrote: »
    Bringing back classic and new auditions isn't enough. Bring back original Bootcamp as you saw singing instead of Judges arguing, and Judges Homes can have the mentor, star and audience of 100. No wildcards. Keep these categories.

They do at the very least need to keep it fresh. Not too keen on an audience at judges houses. They can't go back to earlier series, they can take earlier formats and make then feel up-to-date.

Also, dragging out the live shows was an issue last year. 150 minutes for 12/13 performances is ridiculous.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will the first Promo's be released will it be second week in August >>

ITV have been very poor in promoting the series over the years. They tried to vamp it last year by including Dermot in the trailers but were still poor. The best promos was the first three series, when they seemed to spend money on them and not just show clips from auditions.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    ITV have been very poor in promoting the series over the years. They tried to vamp it last year by including Dermot in the trailers but were still poor. The best promos was the first three series, when they seemed to spend money on them and not just show clips from auditions.

I agree, the trailers last year were dreadful. Two years in a row BGT has had a great trailer so hopefully they can do the same with XF this time.

As for a start date, August 17th or 24th seems likely. It'll definitely be August not September though as it was in the August ITV Media email.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I predict XF UK to start next month, in the twenties of August

However, XF USA have confirmed their start date- September 11 and 12
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    ITV have been very poor in promoting the series over the years.

I disliked their attempt to establish a catchphrase, "Who are you backing?" a few series ago. It was featured on some of the adverts and Dermot used to say it in the live shows..
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »
    I agree, the trailers last year were dreadful. Two years in a row BGT has had a great trailer so hopefully they can do the same with XF this time.

Indeed - a comical advert would work rather well. Or, they could be simple and show snippets of the auditions of course.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :mad:no xfactor please ax one year off
    Forum Member
    tinny wrote: »
    :mad:no xfactor please ax one year off

You've gone on the BGT and The Voice forum to say the same thing. :sleep:
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It feels like it just finished, and it's back again next month! :D Where does the time fly? :eek: