Why do people on this site hate Rose Tyler *SO* Much?

MrsDavidTennantMrsDavidTennant Posts: 1,760
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I can't help but notice the massive anti-Rose feeling on this Site? But I a not against people having there own opinions but loads of people say she was smug?

But this site does seem to have a high number of haters, :eek:

So whats this smugness?! And that they LIke Season 1 Rose more to season 2 :confused::confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I hated season one rose, but loved season two rose and cried when she left! I am definitely against any Anti-Rose movements!
  • mclovinmclovin Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Mainly cause she can't act. Not nearly as bad as marfar, but still.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I thought Rose was quite popular.
  • mclovinmclovin Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    you know what "thought" did, don't you? :p
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    There are equally as many, if not more people posting here who seem really hung up on Rose and keep calling for her return. I think the anti Rose threads come from people reacting to how she is being treated as bigger than the show itself. I'm not a big Rose fan, but I don't dislike her either. I think Billie is a good actress.
  • MrsDavidTennantMrsDavidTennant Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I thought Rose was quite popular.

Rose is popular in the Fan "world" but this site maybe I am wrong does have a high number of haters, maybe I just notice it more because I am like what! what! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    There are equally as many, if not more people posting here who seem really hung up on Rose and keep calling for her return. I think the anti Rose threads come from people reacting to how she is being treated as bigger than the show itself

But she was indeed popular with in her fans, but I doubt that she was being treated as if she was bigger than the show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I never thought you were wrong you just open my eyes to something I hadnt taken much notice of.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    not just Rose but all the companions I've noticed i havn't really seen the original series so can't compare them but i think so far they've all been great
  • temperaretemperare Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people here just hate everything about the new series not just Rose.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely don't hate her...I liked her a lot in series 1, but her personality seemed to change a lot in series 2 and she became quite smug and arrogant at times in the latter part of the series. But all in all, I liked her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I never thought you were wrong you just open my eyes to something I hadnt taken much notice of.

I could be wrong, but I donno it just sometimes get me down when everyone is talking about bad things, and how she ruined season 2 :rolleyes: maybe I am being over senstive
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    yeh i agree from what i've seen of the old series(not much) it looks pretty bad(probs gonna get slated for this) not the storylines but the cardboard sets and plastic masks etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    temperare wrote: »
    I think some people here just hate everything about the new series not just Rose.

I agree with you there that some people cant help but moan about every aspect of the New Version
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i like rose but dr was ready for a change
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nothing against Billie Piper or her acting abilities but I wasn't too keen on how the character was developed or scripted during the second series compared to the first. am intrigued as to the how/why she is returning but I also have reservations given that RTD said after the series 2 finale that she was trapped in the other universe..forever. wasn't too keen on the ending on the beach which was over dramatised and overly sentimental so I am hoping that we draw a firm line under her next appearance/departure. not sure I want to see the revolving door to to the alt universe swing open every few series with Rose popping up..the series has to move forward.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well i think shes the best, i kinda lost interest in series three, but now im back on form!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brekkers2 wrote: »
    yeh i agree from what i've seen of the old series(not much) it looks pretty bad(probs gonna get slated for this) not the storylines but the cardboard sets and plastic masks etc

Nah I think that, I don't think I would enjoy the old show as much, maybe because I am a different generation and have grown up on a different style of Tv Shows
  • Doctor_DonnaDoctor_Donna Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't dislike Rose, she was a lot, lot better than Martha imo. I can see that some people feel she dominated the second series. Will be glad to see her back, but I hope the character gets some sort of closure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nothing against Billie Piper or her acting abilities but I wasn't too keen on how the character was developed or scripted during the second series compared to the first. am intrigued as to the how/why she is returning but I also have reservations given that RTD said after the series 2 finale that she was trapped in the other universe..forever. wasn't too keen on the ending on the beach which was over dramatised and overly sentimental so I am hoping that we draw a firm line under her next appearance/departure. not sure I want to see the revolving door to to the alt universe swing open every few series with Rose popping up..the series has to move forward.

I would have to agree I hope they have not bought her back for the sake of it and it is something integral to the storyline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like rose but dr was ready for a change

I also agree with you there, and I felt that Donna could have moved the show on.

But I hope that we get a whole new cast soon, just a brand new Doctor and a brand new compiaion so we cant go back there, there isn't really any ties.

But now that Rose is coming back I am looking forward to it, but I feel that I have season 1 & 2 to enjoy her, I don't really need anymore but I am pleased there is

If that makes any sense
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nothing against Billie Piper or her acting abilities but I wasn't too keen on how the character was developed or scripted during the second series compared to the first.

It felt to me like her personality was designed to over shadow The Doctor entirely at times, I didn't feel like we really got to understand anything about DT's Doctor until series 3, which was frustrating. It was obviously a conscious choice of the writers though. I suppose it doesn't help that series 2 was a bit on the weak side overall.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brekkers2 wrote: »

what has the old series got to do with Rose Tyler except it is yet another opportunity to bash it over the wonderful new one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually thought season 2 was the strongest and my favourite finale.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually thought season 2 was the strongest and my favourite finale.

The finale was good, plus School Reunion, The Girl In The FirePlace and The Impossible Planet two parter..other than that I didn't really care for series 2 much....