Stooshe - London With The Lights On (Album Thread)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Stooshe's debut album will be released on November 26,

Track listing is as follows:

Track Listings
1. Black Heart
2. See Me Like This
3. Your Own Kind Of Beautiful
4. Waterfalls
5. Love Me (Feat. Travie Mccoy)
6. Perfectly Wrong
7. My Man Music
8. Kiss Chase
9. Jimmy
10. Turning Me On
11. Aint No Other Me

(Deluxe Edition Bonus Tracks)
12. Hoochi Mumma
13. Here Comes The Hotstepper
14. Shame
15. Whatta Man
16. Betty Woz Gone (Radio Edit)
17. Waterfalls (Acoustic)
18. Inbred City

What are people's expectations?
Will you be buying it?
Are you looking forward to it?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being seeing them with Jennifer Lopez on Monday I wasn't really all that bothered. Now I have seen them and listened to a few songs, I will definately be buying! :D

I'm expecting it to be a fun album, I'll be waiting until Christmas Day for it haha :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got an order for the deluxe on amazon as it won't be out in Australia for a while. It has no release date.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Got it on Pre-Order and I'm so excited for it! I can't wait to hear the studio versions of the songs :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only like Black heart and everything else that has been premiered has been so below average but i will give the album a go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Waterfalls debuted at #21 which is frankly an awful result and has resulted in the album being pushed back. The cover was a dreadful idea and completely ruined their run of unique and quality songs. If the fourth single is not a massive step up then they are over, which is a shame because they have A LOT of potential.

They may need to buy Girls Can't Catch a drink when they meet them down at flopsville.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has 'Shame' or 'Inside City' appeared online yet? I think 'Whatta Man' is on YouTube.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted that this album has been pushed back again, I really am looking forward too it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i completely forgot about these Lol i loved black heart, is this album actually going ahead?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    i completely forgot about these Lol i loved black heart, is this album actually going ahead?

It's out in May now, with a new single out before hand called 'let it slip' I bekieve.
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Wonder what the label are playing at pushing it back again.
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Stooshe hope their new single works for them.
    Releasing waterfalls was a terrible move.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    GIRLBAND Stooshe have disowned their last single and reworked their long-awaited debut album.

The BRITs-nominated trio released a cover of Waterfallsby 1990s act TLC under record label orders, but loathed the result so much they have erased it.

Back with new single Slip next month, Karis Anderson told me: “We are pretending Waterfalls didn’t happen, that song was never our decision.

"Slip now feels like a comeback, even though we’ve only been around for a year. Waterfalls is not going on the album. We love the TLC version, but we didn’t like it as a single for us.”

After a string of Top 10 hits last year, Waterfalls signalled a change in chart fortunes for Stooshe. Their label even started messing about with the rest of their music.

Karis, 23, explained: “It was down to us that our album didn’t come out months ago.

“It was ready to go, but we was listening to it and realised the label had changed a few mixes, a few structures and even taken off a few songs. We made this album before we got signed so it was important for us to still have control.”

Slip is the start of the comeback.

Karis, Alexandra Buggs, 20, and Courtney Rumbold, 23, laughed: “We are giving fans the Stooshe attitude back.

“We wanted to stick with a Motown thing and get our sense of fun back.”

And even though they have only released singles so far, the album – out May 27 – is the most important Stooshe element.

Karis added: “It’s all about the album.”

Slip is out May 13.

So it was the managment who told them to release waterfalls had a feeling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    GIRLBAND Stooshe have disowned their last single and reworked their long-awaited debut album.

The BRITs-nominated trio released a cover of Waterfallsby 1990s act TLC under record label orders, but loathed the result so much they have erased it.

Back with new single Slip next month, Karis Anderson told me: “We are pretending Waterfalls didn’t happen, that song was never our decision.

"Slip now feels like a comeback, even though we’ve only been around for a year. Waterfalls is not going on the album. We love the TLC version, but we didn’t like it as a single for us.”

After a string of Top 10 hits last year, Waterfalls signalled a change in chart fortunes for Stooshe. Their label even started messing about with the rest of their music.

Karis, 23, explained: “It was down to us that our album didn’t come out months ago.

“It was ready to go, but we was listening to it and realised the label had changed a few mixes, a few structures and even taken off a few songs. We made this album before we got signed so it was important for us to still have control.”

Slip is the start of the comeback.

Karis, Alexandra Buggs, 20, and Courtney Rumbold, 23, laughed: “We are giving fans the Stooshe attitude back.

“We wanted to stick with a Motown thing and get our sense of fun back.”

And even though they have only released singles so far, the album – out May 27 – is the most important Stooshe element.

Karis added: “It’s all about the album.”

Slip is out May 13.

So it was the managment who told them to release waterfalls had a feeling.

Good read, thanks for posting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder when we'll see the final track listing and possible new art work.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really hope the artwork is better...and I bet they wouldn't be disowning waterfalls if it was number one and a huge smash...
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that is great the girls took charge of the album, because the labels took charge and even record label make the worst mistakes. I am glad they weren't happy with the waterfalls cover because it was total crap. I hear the orignal version of the album and it was rather good, but can't wait to hear Version 2.0
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Why do TPTB always stick their oar in when it's not needed? Stooshe were doing rather well, building momentum & had a good following with their first two singles & then their label decided to release a cover that was never gonna live up to the original song version. Baffling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Anyone who actually believes that they had the power to delay their album but didn't have the power to stop the release of Waterfalls is crazy. When Lily Allen criticised their cover, Stooshe were quick to defend it on Twitter. If they hated it themselves, they'd have kept quiet, so the 'we're victims of the label' doesn't really wash with me. It's PR spin.

They have no more creative control over their music than any other girl group. It's the label that developed the Black Heart, motown-type material in the first place. They wouldn't have had that huge hit without them. I imagine they were pretty happy to go along with their plans until it all went wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pierson wrote: »
    Anyone who actually believes that they had the power to delay their album but didn't have the power to stop the release of Waterfalls is crazy. When Lily Allen criticised their cover, Stooshe were quick to defend it on Twitter. If they hated it themselves, they'd have kept quiet, so the 'we're victims of the label' doesn't really wash with me. It's PR spin.

They have no more creative control over their music than any other girl group. It's the label that developed the Black Heart, motown-type material in the first place. They wouldn't have had that huge hit without them. I imagine they were pretty happy to go along with their plans until it all went wrong.
    Thank You! I can't believe people are falling for that. As soon as something goes bad, the artist will say, "oh no it was the label that made me do it, I didn't want to." Just because it wasn't a success. If it was a number one hit I bet you they would be claiming credit for it.

Just like when Kesha's Die Young was pulled off the radio after the Newtown school shooting she claims she was forced to sing those lyrics by the label, but a week before had been bragging about how she wrote and rewrote the lyrics to get them perfect and she was proud of them when the song was doing great for her.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit stupid if Waterfalls isn't on the album, as it did got Top 20 (I think). It should be tacked on at the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a 2disc track list floating around Wikipedia earlier, not sure how reliable it is. I'll have to see if I can find it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Track listing

(From Wikipedia) so it may not be official.

Disc 1 - Standard & Deluxe
    1. "Black Heart"
    2. "Slip"
    3. "Perfectly Wrong"
    4. "Your Own Kind of Beautiful"
    5. "See Me Like This"
    6. "Run" (featuring Emeli Sande)
    7. "Kiss Chase"
    8. "All That's in Between"
    9. "Jimmy"
    10. "Turning Me On"
    11. "Ain't No Other Me"
    12. "Inbred City"
    13. "Hold the World"

Disc 2 - Deluxe Edition
    1. "Love Me" (featuring Travie)
    2. "My Man Music"
    3. "Waterfalls"
    4. "Hoochi Mumma"
    5. "Hotstepper"
    6. "Shame"
    7. "Whatta Man"
    8. "Betty Woz Gone"
    9. "Things That Make You Go Mmm"
    10. "Waterfalls" (Acoustic version)
    11. "Black Heart" (Show 'N' Prove Remix) (featuring Smiler)
    12. "F""k Me" (featuring Suave Debonair)
    13. "Wish I Belonged" (with Fazer, Tyler James and Angel)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Jonesy88 wrote: »
    Track listing

(From Wikipedia) so it may not be official.

Disc 1 - Standard & Deluxe
    1. "Black Heart"
    2. "Slip"
    3. "Perfectly Wrong"
    4. "Your Own Kind of Beautiful"
    5. "See Me Like This"
    6. "Run" (featuring Emeli Sande)
    7. "Kiss Chase"
    8. "All That's in Between"
    9. "Jimmy"
    10. "Turning Me On"
    11. "Ain't No Other Me"
    12. "Inbred City"
    13. "Hold the World"

Disc 2 - Deluxe Edition
    1. "Love Me" (featuring Travie)
    2. "My Man Music"
    3. "Waterfalls"
    4. "Hoochi Mumma"
    5. "Hotstepper"
    6. "Shame"
    7. "Whatta Man"
    8. "Betty Woz Gone"
    9. "Things That Make You Go Mmm"
    10. "Waterfalls" (Acoustic version)
    11. "Black Heart" (Show 'N' Prove Remix) (featuring Smiler)
    12. "F""k Me" (featuring Suave Debonair)
    13. "Wish I Belonged" (with Fazer, Tyler James and Angel)

Wow!! That sounds like a great tracklist, plenty of songs!!

However are Love Me and My Man Music really not going to be on the standard edition?!
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I like the sound of that tracklisting but I really can't see them leaving of Love Me the standard version it was a top 5 hit. Also I hope My Man Music is on the standard version as I love that song ! .
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a very obviously fake tracklist to me. Which is good, because it's a mess.