How did Lady Percy die in 'Upstairs Downstairs'? (BBC)

tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Watched the first series, not the second (was their a third?)

Some loved it. Some hated it.

Came across a Daily Mail article about the hit/miss of the show and it mentioned Lady Percy died. I didn't even know she died! How?

Comments

• felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    She shot herself and fell off the balcony
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Threw herself off the balcony after she was found out as a Nazi spy and accidentally shooting the maid.

http://youtu.be/qt7HzqQXCIQ?t=1m56s

I really enjoyed the second series, much better than Downton Abbey....
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies.

I may get the series on DVD actually.

Was her death in the final episode or midway? (Didn't know if there were any loose ends due to the axe).
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    It was in the final episode. Her life was a complete mess and after she accidentally shot the maid she just walked, trancelike, onto the landing and threw herself over the railings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was in the final episode. Her life was a complete mess and after she accidentally shot the maid she just walked, trancelike, onto the landing and threw herself over the railings.

Sounds dramatic! (but interesting all the same? :p)

The trance like Percy! Did it end like that or was there someone who found her? What a cliffhanger if so! :eek: (literally seeing as there's no more series to be made).
    Forum Member
    I must have imagined the part where she shot herself before falling from the stairs! I wonder where that false memory came from?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did series two leave on a cliffhanger? I hate that when series get axed :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodworm? ;)
    Forum Member
    Did series two leave on a cliffhanger? I hate that when series get axed :(

No there was no cliffhanger, it didn't end on Lady Percy's death. She had a funeral which, if I remember correctly, we didn't see; and then we briefly saw how the house and it's inhabitants were functioning during the war. It worked fairly well as a final episode, even though it wasn't intended to be.

To be honest, it was a good thing it did get axed. Lady Percy was the only thing worth watching in it. Once she was dead, I can't imagine how dull it would have become.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it graphic!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted