Is Nashville any good

timetosaygoodbytimetosaygoodby Posts: 2,063
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is the show any good, whats the drama/comedy like, is it more for a female audience

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I'm interested to know this too. From the preview clips, it looks pretty good and I'm looking forward to it starting soon :)

So far, the reviews on IMDB seem extremely positive:-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2281375/reviews
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen all the episodes aired in the US so far & would definitely recommend Nashville I'm really enjoying it & have even changed my opinions on the characters during the season so far!! To answer your question it's a drama show not comedy at all but it's not all about the music there's some good storylines too (although there's one Im not so bothered about)
  • thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the pilot, it starts Thursday 7th February at 10PM on More4.

http://www.thetvking.com/news/513/nashville-uk-air-date-on-more4-confirmed/
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I recommend it. A very solid character drama.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is definitely worth watching.

The music is good and so are the characters. The only thing that lets it down is the shoe horned political plot. It just feels like they were too scared to let it be just about the music biz.

Clare Bowen is great.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    I haven't been keeping up with the latest episodes (been too obsessed with Scandal atm!) but I hear this is one of the few shows ABC will renew for a second season. So that may help your decision.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good show. One of the few decent new shows that makes me want to keep returning each week.

Hayden and Connie, the two shows leads, are fab.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this show. Did not expect to but I enjoy watching the main leads..amazing chemistry...even the secondary characters are enjoyable to watch as well as the music being very good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this, dont normally watch TV shows unless they are in HD but will make an exception for this. Just hope its not something along the style and format of Glee which IMO is dire.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this, dont normally watch TV shows unless they are in HD but will make an exception for this.

It will be in HD!! More4 HD launches next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    It will be in HD!! More4 HD launches next week.

Wow didn't know that:eek: thanks;) normally there would have been stuff on it on the skyhd forum but maybe I have missed it.
    Well this will enable me to still continue watching all my shows in HD. :)

Do we know what channel number its gonna be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow didn't know that:eek: thanks;) normally there would have been stuff on it on the skyhd forum but maybe I have missed it.
    Well this will enable me to still continue watching all my shows in HD. :)

Do we know what channel number its gonna be.

138. It'll swap with the SD version.
    Forum Member
    People who are militant about not being "spoiled" may want to refrain from clicking these links, but for anybody else, I say these two amazing songs/scenes from Nashville by themselves made the whole series worthwhile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAI_1FsJ8rE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zez288nd054
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    I have seen all the episodes aired in the US so far & would definitely recommend Nashville I'm really enjoying it & have even changed my opinions on the characters during the season so far!! To answer your question it's a drama show not comedy at all but it's not all about the music there's some good storylines too (although there's one Im not so bothered about)

Is there a reason for being shown so late ie strong language, sex or violence?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Is there a reason for being shown so late ie strong language, sex or violence?

It's on network TV in the US, so none of those.

I expect More4 think 10pm is a less competitive slot than 9pm.
    Forum Member

Yeah, no kidding. Nashville could probably even be shown pre-watershed in the UK -- which is not something that could be said about certain US network dramas (the ones which contain violence).
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I don't like country music and even I want to see this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I expect More4 think 10pm is a less competitive slot than 9pm.

Im hoping its repeated at a better time because I've no chance of watching it on thurs especially as I want to watch it in HD.
  • suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I love country music so that might help. Well chuffed it will be HD I will be watching deffo and glad it could be renewed for a second season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Im hoping its repeated at a better time because I've no chance of watching it on thurs especially as I want to watch it in HD.

It's only in HD via Sky with HD sub, in which case you'll have Sky+HD so you can record it and watch it at a time suitable for you.

The pilot is repeated on Sunday at 7pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only in HD via Sky with HD sub, in which case you'll have Sky+HD so you can record it and watch it at a time suitable for you.

The pilot is repeated on Sunday at 7pm.

I have sky and HD sub. Might be able to watch on thurs anyway.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind country music but I gave up on this after 4 or 5 episodes at US pace as it was far too soapy for my tastes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do More4 shows go onto 4oD?
  • Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do More4 shows go onto 4oD?

yes they do
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the programme being suitable for all ages i expect that the 7pm on sunday showing won`t require any editing so i think i`ll watch it then.