If Matt's staying for series 8...

16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I hope he doesn't leave midway through. That would be a real disservice to him in my opinion, he should do one last full series.

David got a proper send-off, and Matt deserves exactly the same. Anyone agree with me?

Comments

• nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Even just half way through series 8 is likely to be such a long way away that I'm not really thinking about it.

But I don't really hanker after a repeat of all the hours of Ood foreshadowing and heavenly choirs as he blubs off to his fate.

Nice simple story. Bonk on the head. New Doctor. The ninth Doctors was better.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it up to Matt when he leaves? he's not likely to be given the boot.:confused:
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Even just half way through series 8 is likely to be such a long way away that I'm not really thinking about it.

But I don't really hanker after a repeat of all the hours of Ood foreshadowing and heavenly choirs as he blubs off to his fate.

Agreed. Something less self-indulgent. Though it will be Moffat writing it. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I think it would be a shame for us to not see Clara and the Doctor travelling together as proper companions but it's up to Matt what he does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

CD93 wrote: »
    Agreed. Something less self-indulgent. Though it will be Moffat writing it. :p

Well, you miserable gits.

Bring on the angel choirs and heart-wrenching farewells to every single person he's encountered in this regeneration! I loved it with Ten, and I'll consider myself short changed if Eleven gets anything less. (Though I hope it won't be for a while :)).
    Forum Member
    Well, you miserable gits.

Bring on the angel choirs and heart-wrenching farewells to every single person he's encountered in this regeneration! I loved it with Ten, and I'll consider myself short changed if Eleven gets anything less. (Though I hope it won't be for a while :)).

Yes. I've adapted in many ways to this new fangled stirring orchestras crescendo and blubbing approach to the show. But remain at heart a miserable sod. That's why I was rolling my eyes through the last bit of Vincent. Even though I mostly liked it.

But as CD93 rightly says - Moffat is doing it. It'll be a blubfest of RTD scale. They're both as soppy as each other. :)
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    I would imagine something in between. I mean, 9->10 was rushed for production reasons, I don't imagine it'll be as sudden as that. But shorter than 10->11.
    Forum Member
    Just as long as he actually does a last story. Don't want Miranda Hart to have to put on a Matt Smith wig and lay face down in his costume or anything.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Maybe the entire series 8A will be the lead up to his regeneration maybe even The Anniversary and Christmas special will mention it's coming soon to
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as long as he actually does a last story. Don't want Miranda Hart to have to put on a Matt Smith wig and lay face down in his costume or anything.

Damn- beat me to the Matt Smith wig gag:p
    Forum Member
    They'd have to raid Kenny Everett's prop box for a false chin to
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I expect to get only half a series in 2014 I expect Matt to leave half way through series 8. i.e. at the end of 2014, end of series 8a.

I would be delighted to be wrong on all my expectations.

Unless I was wrong because Matt leaves at Christmas and we don't get series 8 until 2015. In which case I will be far from delighted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want his last scene to be him looking at the camera revealing all the bloody answers Moffat left hanging.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I'm just hoping there isn't a bloody series split again.
    There probably will be though....
    Forum Member
    As I expect to get only half a series in 2014 I expect Matt to leave half way through series 8. i.e. at the end of 2014, end of series 8a.

I would be delighted to be wrong on all my expectations.

Unless I was wrong because Matt leaves at Christmas and we don't get series 8 until 2015. In which case I will be far from delighted.

As a "long term fan" I intend to be far from delighted whatever happens. We could have a full thirteen episodes starting spring with Matt turning up at my house to do the regeneration scene live in front of me with a supporting cast of all surviving Doctors and companions. I'd find something wrong with it. I bet they'd get the detailing of Ace's costume wrong. Or say Metebelis wrong.
    Forum Member

Sorry Kyller. The irony is it may well be Matt Smith wearing a Matt Smith wig in his own regeneration scene.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wig gag.

I like that so much I'll say it some more.

wig gag wig gag wig gag wig gag wig gag wig gag wig gag
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wig gag.

Have you been on the pan-galactic gargle blasters down at the Inn again, CoalHill? :eek:
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you been on the pan-galactic gargle blasters down at the Inn again, CoalHill? :eek:

Again? Impossible!

Never came off 'em!
    Forum Member
    Wig gag.

ooh it's starting to sound funny now. wig gag wig gag wig gag.

(methinks Coal Hill has insider gossip on the Miranda rumours.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally i feel series 8 Matt SMith will do fully until the very end. Either Spring/Autumn 2014 split or Autumn 2014/Spring 2015 or whichever...It would make more sense for 11 and CLara to have a full seires together and really bring the Smith/Moff era full circle and push forward in the same series....i do still think as i always have...Matt will be with us through to 2015 :)....maybe a bit more but we will see :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member

Even if he does a last story, if he does leave at Christmas, she'd literally be wearing his wig as he might need one for a while - it should be quite convincing.

Also, apologies for repeating the wig thing - that's what happens if you respond to a post without reading the rest of the thread first.
    Forum Member
    Well not so much Matt Smith but will this Doctor soon need to regenerate from his POV he had had the body now for well over 300 years it must be one of his longest lasting incarnations just to put perspective into it from the continuity of the show 11 has had 300+ years 10 had 6 years.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Well not so much Matt Smith but will this Doctor soon need to regenerate from his POV he had had the body now for well over 300 years it must be one of his longest lasting incarnations just to put perspective into it from the continuity of the show 11 has had 300+ years 10 had 6 years.

Yes, that's a very good point actually. He's almost as old as the First Doctor, which is quite mind-bending to think about. I wonder why he hasn't aged and One did. Answers on a postcard!
    Forum Member
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    Yes, that's a very good point actually. He's almost as old as the First Doctor, which is quite mind-bending to think about. I wonder why he hasn't aged and One did. Answers on a postcard!

Maybe the ageing process doesn't really slow down until after the first regeneration of course it's still much slower than a human though