Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Caught up with a few films from Sky On Demand as I have a filthy cold:

Mental - 09/10 - Loved this film, hilarious and touching in places, and you haven't lived 'til you see Toni Collette light her own fart.

Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton version) - 07/10 Avoided it in the cinema because of the duff reviews, wasn't half as bad as I expected and it looked amazing.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice - 05/10 Nic Cage was good, Jay Baruchel's voice is really annoying. Entertaining if there's nothing else on.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    003mikey wrote: »
    Jack & Jill.......not good.

That is actually one of Adam Sandlers most profitable movies.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,201
    Forum Member
    fhs man 2 wrote: »

That's very sad actually.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad Lieutenant (2009) - Alright, but I probably won't be watching it again.

About time I had a clearout of DVDs that I'm not likely to watch again, before they all become completely worthless like VHS.
  • standinmanstandinman Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    RIPD a very funny movie sort cross between ghost busters and men in black in style ,but worth a watch for Geoff Bridges ,as an 1890s lawman in the present day !
    Forum Member
    standinman wrote: »
    RIPD a very funny movie sort cross between ghost busters and men in black in style ,but worth a watch for Geoff Bridges ,as an 1890s lawman in the present day !

Geoff Bridges sounds like he has had his throat sat on for a year in that movie. Is that his real voice?
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966) - 9/10
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geoff Bridges sounds like he has had his throat sat on for a year in that movie. Is that his real voice?
    I spent the who movie wishing he'd swallow whatever he had in there and start talking proper. :mad:
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I spent the who movie wishing he'd swallow whatever he had in there and start talking proper. :mad:

I am not sure if it is because he is old or he was putting it on.

He sounded normal in Tron but ever since has been a bit weird.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure he was putting it on, kinda mirroring the old-west guy and their tendency to always be having a wedge of chewing tobacco in their mouths. I'm all for bringing authenticity to a character but I couldn't stop wishing he'd just swallow .... or choke. :D (hopefully he wasn't talking that way due to a recent stroke)
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,317
    Forum Member
    Jeff Bridges, btw.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Dreary Cold War molehunt adapted from the famous book and TV series, both superior. Here Gary Oldman dons the Smiley specs, as he and a raft of other Brit thesps fumble about in murkily-lit rooms having lots of enigmatic conversations. Tom Hardy's and Mark Strong's sparky presence livens things up a bit, but it's not enough to lift it out of the mire. 5/10
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,317
    Forum Member
    You sure about that?
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bling Ring (2013) 5/10
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White Fang on channel 5 yesterday afternoon.

I love the touching scenes with the wolf, but too many horrid scenes too. I really hope kids weren't watching at 5pm on a sunday afternoon thinking they would see a Disney type movie only to see dog fighting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - 6.5/10 It was too slow for me. Although there were some fleeting moments of gore with a couple of the killings. I seem to recall the tv series being far more engaging.

Don't Be Afraid of The Dark - 6.5/10 Broadly similar but inferior to Pan's Labyrinth.

Taken 2 - 6.5/10 maintaining the usual standard that sequels aren't as good as the original.

Insidious - unrated as I didn't see all of it. Seemed like more adult oriented retread of Poltergeist. There even seemed to be a nod to the steak in the kitchen scene. I'll probably watch it again from the start. Some jumpy bits actually made the hairs on my arms stand on end.
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rust and Bone - Disappointing 6/10
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Picnic (1955) - 7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Daglicht - 6/10

The Best Offer - 6/10

The East - 6/10

The Kings Of Summer - 6/10

The World's End - 4/10

Disconnect - 4/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iron Man 3
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mud (2012) 8.5/10
    The World's End (2013) 6/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i spit on your grave 2

it was dire
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Riddick - first movie was great, second pretty good but this was pretty bad. It started well enough but got progressively worse and less interesting, I was actually rooting for the monsters at the end. 5/10
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to the Future II. 9/10
  • bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Worlds End - The premise for this sounds horrible but the film shows a lot more depth than seems likely from the plot. After the criminally unfunny Paul this was a real return to form. It lost its way towards the end, particularly in the World's End though, but still 8/10.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star Trek: Into Darkness

Fabulous, just a work of art. Loved the mirror they held up to Wrath Of Khan too. And Cumberbatch was excellent as the baddie, can't wait to see him rock up in the second Hobbit. My film of the year even tho it's only September. Can't see this being beaten :)

9/10
This discussion has been closed.