Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• EatitLosersEatitLosers Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Just listening to "I Don't Give A" from MDNA again. Why wasn't this a single? It's amazing.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also must share this art....

Madonna in the style of Tamara de Lempicka

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/530327_396347677119543_891321466_n.jpg

Looks like it should be on a stained glass window. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got in from work and a friend of mine on FB just posted this in my inbox...

"According to personal sources, when Madonna was in Argentina she would indeed have shot the video for Gang Bang, directed by Steven Klein, but with the help of Tarantino and Marilyn Manson. Madonna wanted to include a scene at the beginning when she felt Manson singing on the radio, his song 'The Beautiful People'. While she was lying in bed while in the motel and a murderess enters, during the scuffle a bullet is fired and so destroys the radio. But it seems that Guy Oseary has opposed the idea, however Manson has collaborated in more...a photo album of sorts! Nothing official but my sources are very close to Madonna !!!"

Oseary....shurrup!! -_-....Manson collaborating with one of his heroes and Madonna collaborating with someone she can artistically respect too would be so freakin immense for the sake of "Art value" as opposed to "Pop value" like when she collaborated with Prince on Love Song, instead of her Britney, Justin, Nicki collabs so-to-speak...plus Manson is on Interscope and all...make it happen :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it should be on a stained glass window. :p

It does and it should be

Also love this pic taken of M leaving the recording studio in July 1992 recording Erotica album and she is wearing the vest jacket from the JML cover :cool:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/163385_468651196503865_1810023132_n.jpg
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got in from work and a friend of mine on FB just posted this in my inbox...

"According to personal sources, when Madonna was in Argentina she would indeed have shot the video for Gang Bang, directed by Steven Klein, but with the help of Tarantino and Marilyn Manson. Madonna wanted to include a scene at the beginning when she felt Manson singing on the radio, his song 'The Beautiful People'. While she was lying in bed while in the motel and a murderess enters, during the scuffle a bullet is fired and so destroys the radio. But it seems that Guy Oseary has opposed the idea, however Manson has collaborated in more...a photo album of sorts! Nothing official but my sources are very close to Madonna !!!"

Oseary....shurrup!! -_-....Manson collaborating with one of his heroes and Madonna collaborating with someone she can artistically respect too would be so freakin immense for the sake of "Art value" as opposed to "Pop value" like when she collaborated with Prince on Love Song, instead of her Britney, Justin, Nicki collabs so-to-speak...plus Manson is on Interscope and all...make it happen :cool:

I have a feeling that Guy O'Seary may not be her manager for much longer. Madonna has largely become HIS puppet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Guy O'Seary may not be her manager for much longer. Madonna has largely become HIS puppet.

Yes Wizzy this is definitely coming to fruition....its a shame...unless maybe she gets co-managed...has that been done before? Oseary in charge of merchandising and a manager that actually pushes her and motivates her artistically again? I mean these ideas that is being (at least rumoured) are so interesting....its criminal they are not utilised.

ANyhow...i found this cover of Music...and it is INCREDIBLE...check it out...really gets into the rhythm and pace of the song....the funky feel....ah man check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipx5AV9q3bE
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Honestly, that sounds like something some crazy person on FB made up. Maybe I'm biased , but I've never liked Marilyn Manson. To me he's all shock value, with no substance. Madonna does some outrageous things, but if you analyze it, there's a reason behind it and a political/social meaning behind it. I've always liked Courtney Love/Hole and Marilyn Manson basically made her life miserable and drove her off the tour they were supposed to do together. I don't see Madonna sitting down and listening to Marilyn Manson songs. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always seen a misogynist anti-female side to Marilyn Manson, and I would never want Madonna to be associated with him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really i dont know....Madonna is the only female artist he has cited as an influence for him and the girlie show world tour he cited also as a massive influence for him too as well as Blonde Ambition and the way she brought her videos into live eprformance across her career...i remember him mentioning these things, plus it persuaded him to have Jean Paul work with him and create costumings for his live sets and shows from 1998 - 2006 i believe :) Bringing a visual dynamic to the music.

....i personally dont think he is anti-females its just that kinda approach he has....i mean surprisingly through all the macabre he actually does have an anti-violent message throughout his music...Kinda focusing on ironies in politics and culture etc

although personally Mechanical Animals and golden age Of grotesque are the only albums id rank high because i am not overtly keen on screaming/heavy musc....although vocally he does in places heighten i much prefer the "glam rock" ELectronic influences on these albums and allusions to old skool music :)

I reckon Madonna and Manson would be one of the quirkiest musical team ups.....i am personally more for a Beth Ditto collaboration....but heck Manson would be so off the hook i feel :)

Anyways we will definitely see :) It is always hard to judge and assess when so much is displayed out there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holy Heck...a year ago today was Madonna interview on the graham norton show....how crazy is that...man!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading that Kylie has dumped (basically) her manager of 25 years....Kinda gives me hope something may be shaken up by Madonna really...just putting it out there ;)
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Holy Heck...a year ago today was Madonna interview on the graham norton show....how crazy is that...man!

Wow! That has gone sooo fast! God, what is a year?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Wow! That has gone sooo fast! God, what is a year?

I know right.....a year feels like mere days :eek:

Almost a year since the Superbowl.....freakin gosh!! :cool:
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I know right.....a year feels like mere days :eek:

Almost a year since the Superbowl.....freakin gosh!! :cool:

Everything has gone so fast! It seriously only feels like yesterday, never got round to seeing W.E. though
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its just wishful thinking from fans when they say Madonna might be ditching Guy. Its not going to happen. He has been in her life since the 80s. She would never dismiss him. Its not going to happen. Only way he will go is if he decides to. He is her friend first, manager second.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Everything has gone so fast! It seriously only feels like yesterday, never got round to seeing W.E. though

Fewth i havent either....im going to ask for WE on my Birthday list....21 at the end of Feb AAAH!!! but yeah i think i will ask for it then that way can finally see it :).

But yes everything is and has gone by so fast i cannot believe it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a main thread...a very interesting article

http://www.differentscene.co.uk/?p=6063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna funny face from the S&S tour

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/263324_459161987464510_785405387_n.png

Cannot believe its been a year since Madonna won her globe for Masterpiece....maaan!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Hello, I'm Revolution 909 ( Daft Punk lovers will get the name ;) ), I'm quite new to the forums, though I've been stalking the forums for a while! :D:o

Anyways, I'm a big Madonna fan. From the beginning of 2012 to the end, I went from having one Madonna album (Confesssions, which I love so dearly, it reminds me of my childhood (I'm a young'un :p ) and is THE REASON why I love dance music, I could blather and queen-out over that album for hours) to having all twelve of her studio albums, plus the Immaculate Collection. So it's fair to say I'm a huge fun and have become somewhat obsessed!

So just dropping in to say "Hi", I'm looking forward to having some fantastic Madonna discussion in the future! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, I'm Revolution 909 ( Daft Punk lovers will get the name ;) ), I'm quite new to the forums, though I've been stalking the forums for a while! :D:o

Anyways, I'm a big Madonna fan. From the beginning of 2012 to the end, I went from having one Madonna album (Confesssions, which I love so dearly, it reminds me of my childhood (I'm a young'un :p ) and is THE REASON why I love dance music, I could blather and queen-out over that album for hours) to having all twelve of her studio albums, plus the Immaculate Collection. So it's fair to say I'm a huge fun and have become somewhat obsessed!

So just dropping in to say "Hi", I'm looking forward to having some fantastic Madonna discussion in the future! :D

Loving your taste :cool:

And a thorough welcome to the Madonna family...keep keep it together! :cool:

Thats epic! So like a Madonna album a month almost? Thats genius! And i love the proof there that COnfessions really did pull a lot of new fans in...so powerful....Brilliant, how old are you may i ask? :) I am 20 (21 next month) love the variation in ages too :)
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its just wishful thinking from fans when they say Madonna might be ditching Guy. Its not going to happen. He has been in her life since the 80s. She would never dismiss him. Its not going to happen. Only way he will go is if he decides to. He is her friend first, manager second.

Freddy DeMann was Madonna's manager until 1991. And, don't forget, Madonna had a very close friend before. But she dismissed her without batting an eyelid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Freddy DeMann was Madonna's manager until 1991. And, don't forget, Madonna had a very close friend before. But she dismissed her without batting an eyelid.

:cool:;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really cant believe how fast time has gone...with all the negative spins on the MDNA era...a lot did happen!

I do hope for album 13 and the next era we do see more of Madonna rather than confined a lot to specific interviews...i di miss her not being on magazine coverage, televised routinely interviews bar the Beeb for W.E and Norton of course....really have missed Madonna tbh :( But i do wonder if perhaps when the MDNA DvD/CD is out then she will promote it and maybe confirm album 13 or not and future projects etc :)