What would happen if an Angel looked in a mirror?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was just wondering, do you think it would quantum-lock itself and be trapped in stone form, or would it just admire itself and walk(?) away? :confused:

Comments

• davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    That which holds the image of an agnel becomes itself an angel. So I reckon an angel would appear and watch first angel and they would both be stuck :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That which holds the image of an agnel becomes itself an angel. So I reckon an angel would appear and watch first angel and they would both be stuck :)

The Doctor needs to get loads of mirrors.:)
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the episode Blink, the Tardis dematerialized while the Angels were giving it a good shake. When it disappeared, the Angels were stuck in Stone form since they were looking at each other. i believe the same thing would happen with the mirror - possibly... :)
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it depends which episode you want to trust but my interpretation is that an angel is quantum locked only if it is observed. Angels are necessarily aware of their own existence so seeing itself in a mirror wouldn't be sufficient. Ditto if an angel happened to see its own hand.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I think they are a lot of questions what could be asked fort example what if someone was looking at one though a high powered telescope from 100's of miles away would it still be frozen.

Plus in today's world of CCTV they wouldn't be able to move down the streets as in most places a camera would usually be on them so would that freeze them or only of someone was looking at the right camera at that second.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus in today's world of CCTV they wouldn't be able to move down the streets as in most places a camera would usually be on them so would that freeze them or only of someone was looking at the right camera at that second.

Looked at in Touched by an Angel (fantastic book) where the prevalence of CCTV became a big problem once the image of the Angel was inside the monitors...

Anyway, page 51 of the Brilliant Book of Doctor Who 2011 has a 'set of carvings'/minimalist comic-thing where a lone Weeping Angel in an ancient tribal village single handedly turns off the sun, then stalks a woman into the tomb of her emperor. Little did it realise she was luring it there, and it found itself trapped in a mirrored room*. Unfortunately, the woman who lured the Angel to the room then made the mistake of looking into its eyes, whereupon 'the sadness of her entrapment broke my heart.

So I decided to wait with her a while'.

There you have it. :)

*There were lots of mirrors all over the walls and it specifically says 'the [angel] saw her image reflected a thousand times around her until she could move no more'. Implying one mirror wouldn't really cut it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fire Host wrote: »
    Looked at in Touched by an Angel (fantastic book) where the prevalence of CCTV became a big problem once the image of the Angel was inside the monitors...

Anyway, page 51 of the Brilliant Book of Doctor Who 2011 has a 'set of carvings'/minimalist comic-thing where a lone Weeping Angel in an ancient tribal village single handedly turns off the sun, then stalks a woman into the tomb of her emperor. Little did it realise she was luring it there, and it found itself trapped in a mirrored room*. Unfortunately, the woman who lured the Angel to the room then made the mistake of looking into its eyes, whereupon 'the sadness of her entrapment broke my heart.

So I decided to wait with her a while'.

There you have it. :)

*There were lots of mirrors all over the walls and it specifically says 'the [angel] saw her image reflected a thousand times around her until she could move no more'. Implying one mirror wouldn't really cut it?

We have a (kinda) definite answer! Nice one, thanks ;)
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An angel does not move while it's being looked at so what would happen is...precisely nothing?
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ea91 wrote: »
    An angel does not move while it's being looked at so what would happen is...precisely nothing?

Until you Blink .:D