Forza Horizon 2 (in the works)

2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
Forum Member
Probably not the most surprising news ever but it's nice to have some confirmation that Playground Games are busy at work on Forza Horizon 2.
A job posting appears to suggest a sequel to last year's well-received open-world racer Forza Horizon is on the way. An agency job posting for an unnamed Midlands-based racing developer matching much of the text of an opening on Playground's site word for word mentions that the studio is "working on the next edition of their successful racing title."

Additionally, on their CVs, Playground's creative director and studio director says they are "working on an exciting unannounced title for Xbox One," further suggesting the studio is handling Forza Horizon 2. All the contract positions on Playground's site specify a length of about nine months for contract work. Given that and the two year cycles for mainline Forza Motorsport titles, it does not seem unreasonable to venture the spinoff sequel could land sometime in 2014, sandwiched between this year's Forza Motorsport 5 and a likely Forza Motorsport 6 in 2015. source
job description

I'm very excited at the prospect for FH2, one of my most anticipated games for next-gen. The original game done a lot of things right and missed the mark on a few things also. One thing that is certain is that FH as a franchise has a ton of potential.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting this :) Forza Horizon was easily good enough to warrant a sequel.

I personally loved it! Roll on 2014!
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FH was good but I'm glad I only paid £20 for it. Still better than the rest in the arcade racer category.

Will get the sequel but not at full price.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still have to get around to playing forza horizon 1 yet lol.
  • cmooncmoon Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    I still have to get around to playing forza horizon 1 yet lol.

you really should get round to it gother... it's a great piece of work
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It got a slating for being too short and not serious enough to warrant a Forza name, but personally I thought it was phenominal. Yes I would have liked it to be a bigger game, but It was beautiful to play. I was glued to all 1000G :)
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    It got a slating for being too short and not serious enough to warrant a Forza name, but personally I thought it was phenominal. Yes I would have liked it to be a bigger game, but It was beautiful to play. I was glued to all 1000G :)

The thing about the size was true, the game world was nothing on the size of TDU 1/2 but the difference between them was that every part Colorado was genuinely unique, every piece of road had been painstakingly worked on in intricate detail. That's something Horizon got right. The sim aspect was missing due to the lack of tuning but it still maintained that 'Forza feel'.

Not played it in a while myself and I really should get back to the 1000 Club. The Rally expansion was great too, I just though the 30fps was the biggest flaw, yes the game looked beautiful and ran 100% locked with some of the best AA techniques I've seen, nothing could compensate for a halved frame rate. Had it been 60fps it would be the best simcade racer ever made IMO, so I'm hoping if MS are pushing to make the next Halo a 60fps title then Horizon 2 follows suit.
  • cmooncmoon Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    my thoughts on this subject are best summed up with one simple phrase...

Good News Everyone

And yes it should be read in the voice of Professor Hubert J Farnsworth
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Some new concept art has been discovered on a lead artist's profile page who works for Dhurva Interactive (a company who has previously worked with Turn 10 to help deliver art assets and the creation of vehicles for past Forza titles including Horizon) entitled; "Forza Deep South".

Picture 1 and Picture 2

It's no huge secret this game is deep into development but the American south could be a great location for the game. There's such huge potential for this series and if it borrows the fundamental assets and physics engine from Forza Motorsport 5 then it's going to be an incredible game.