Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Living near the Kings Theatre in Edinburgh I've seen quite a few actors and celebs over the years and they've all been absolutely fine.

Rory McGrath bought me and my husband a drink at the Gilded Balloon, lovely bloke, he was with Sean Hughes who chatted away amiably to us as well.

Rowan Atkinson gave my husband a lift in his van after he (my husband) had played a gig with his pub band. Hubby said he was charming and funny. Top bloke.

My own claim to fame was when Joe Strummer was playing the reggae club at Tollcross. He walked through a gauntlet of fans with his guitar in his hand, I leaned forward and "goosed" him. Don't know what got into me but felt this burning need to touch his bum! He took it surprisingly well. He was just so charismatic and adorable and I don't regret my actions!!

Frank Black of The Pixies was quiet and unassuming. He was in the pub after his gig and seemed to enjoy the banter of the locals. I asked him to sign our ticket stubs and he did so very graciously.

That's all I can think of just now.
  • DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My other half met Damien Hirst and said he was an idiot and that Terry Nutkins was rude too. He didn't think much of Bob Holness either. He also met Andrew Ridgely and said he got very angry when he mentioned Wham!
    My Dad says Elkie Brooks is lovely. He's a tradesman and she makes a very good bacon sarnie and brews a nice cuppa apparently.
    I met Bill Bailey and he was nice too! My brother also said Wolf from Gladiators and Dame Kelly Holmes were lovely. :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think people on here are purposely being judgemental, this thread isjust about celebs youve met and whether they were nice or not. First impressions last and what not.

That said though, I do feel sorry for celebs that are overwhelmed where they go. Some 'fans' can sometimes be disrespectful, and they still are people at the end of the day.

Edit: Girls Aloud do seem lovely and down to Earth and I admire that, even if I dont like their music too much. The Doctor Who/Torchwood cast members also seem really great and I'm glad :)
  • DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just got to add a conflicting account to my previous post. My dad has just informed me that he painted Terry Nutkin's fence and said he was a really nice guy. He makes a nice cuppa too according to him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Rhydian- This was at the X Factor tour in Newcastle, after seeing the show myself and friends went around the back of the arena, some girls told us he was around there, so we did and he was stood there behind some gates talking/shaking hands/signing autographs for everyone even though some people were telling him he really needed to get on the coach and leave as there was no time, but he still stayed and talked to fans for a bit, he even gave my friend a chocolate because it was her birthday :) Such a nice man.
  • justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Titchmarsh stayed at a hotel I was receptionist at a few years ago - a total arse. He refused to sign his check in card in case we sold his signature (to who???), wouldn't talk to the waiting staff and threw his key on the desk without a word when he left. The funniest part was in the morning when he came down for breakfast I said "Good Morning" and he rolled his eyes as if I was only talking to him due to his "fame". No Alan, I tend to be polite to all hotel guests!

Not the first unpleasant Titchmarsh story I've read on here.

Tit by name, tit by nature by the looks of it. :D And to think of all those bored housewives who think he's wonderful.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tit by name, tit by nature by the looks of it. :D And to think of all those bored housewives who think he's wonderful.

What were the other bad stories :eek: Can't stand the man and never believed his 'nice man' persona :D
  • Highland RubyHighland Ruby Posts: 225
    Forum Member

My Gran is a big fan and still refuses to believe how horrid he was. She maintains I must have been having a bad day and was too sensitive!
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love these threads, and actually think i prefer reading the nice stories more than the nasty (Don't get me wrong, it's always good to have some gossip! :p)

Not met many celebs at all really! I went to a Hollyoaks charity football match, and some of the cast members who were there came out at the end to sign; Nick Pritchard (Tony) Was such a nice bloke, had so much time for everyone and was talking and laughing, Devon Anderson (Sonny) also seemed to be having a good time and had a lot of time for fans. Phillip Oliva though wasn't great, he came out stood by the gates with a secruity guard for a minimal amount of time then went in, but wasn't unpleasent. Chris Fountain (Justin) was utterly dreadful, so unpoliet, miserable and sulky.

However, my personal favourite was Guy Burnett (Craig), i liked him before i'd met him, but he spent ages talking to the fans and signing things as well, and you could tell he was really shy but it didn't stop him from spending ages with everyone.

I've also been to a couple of comedy gigs; Jimmy Carr was very plesent and nice, and like someone else mentioned, came across quite shy! Russell Howard was another and he was as funny and charming as he comes across on Tv.

My brother has sang with a couple of people as part of the drama group he was in, he said Jason Donovan was a proper moody, unsociable person who refused to talk to any of the kids who were singing with him.

He also sang with Keith Jack (Who came 2nd in Any Dream Will Do) and he said he was the nicest person he had met, so friendly and talked with them. My brother was at the vending machines, when Keith came up behind him, and he wouldn't let my brother buy his own stuff, made sure he bought it for him. Really plesent (and hot!) guy :)

I've also been really glad to read about the Dr Who and Torchwood cast all being friendly, because loving thoes shows its nice to know they are like that in really life. Especially John Barrowman, i have alot of respect for the man. He gets critisited for being cocky and arrogant, but this thread as shown that everyone whos met him has nothing but nice things to say about him, i would love to meet him!
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year I went to a fete at our local donkey sanctuary with a group of people from my son's school. Terry Nutkins was there, not as a sleb, just a visitor like the rest of us. Well, I'd seen him, but I didn't know where I knew him from, so I just assumed he was someone I used to see on my daily commute to work (as you do!). That was until one of the other mums came running up to me saying 'have you see the bloke off The Really Wild Show?!!' Unfortunately, neither of us could remember his name, so I had to come home and Google 'The Really Wild Show'! He seemed pleasant enough and had me and my friend had remembered his name would have probably approached him for a chat.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Gran is a big fan and still refuses to believe how horrid he was. She maintains I must have been having a bad day and was too sensitive!

Mass hypnotism of ladies of a certain age!! :eek::eek::D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyberninja wrote: »
    I saw Robson Green in the Metro centre a couple of years ago, all I did was glance at him and he started the whole "Please leave me alone, I want to shop in peace etc" crap. I said "You're a s**t actor anyway you dozy t**t!" and walked off.
    LOL :D:D

Two celebs I've met in unexpected places were the exact opposite. The guy who played Josh in Casualty (Ian Bleasdale) signed an autograph with a little smiley face and kisses for me by the vitamins shelf in Keighley Boots! He didn't mind me asking him one bit. He was so nice :) As was Mark Charnock (Marlon Dingle in Emmerdale). He willingly had a photo taken with me in a tearoom in the Yorkshire Dales. He was with his family at the time and I wondered if I might come across as being rude. He didn't mind at all. He's very, very tall and my head only came up to his chest (I'm 5ft 4). He said that he was used to having to crouch to have photos taken! Lovely and friendly guy:)

I've met quite a few celebs in my time. Luckily there haven't been any horrible ones!

Special honours go to Leon Jackson, Andy Williams (X Factor 4), Shayne Ward and Gary Speed. You guys are absolutely lovely towards your fans <3:)

And...Gareth Gates. I've met Gareth on a number of occasions and love him to bits. He's got a wicked sense of humour and is so funny. He's also very polite and cares deeply about the welfare of his fans. He also hugs us when he meets us and when we say goodbye, not to mention when we have photos taken! HUGE bear hugs, as well! :D He hasn't changed one bit. He may be a lot wealthier now, but is still the same down-to-earth Yorkshire lad from Bradford :)
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I met my idol (Morten Harket) a few years back, I was terrified. His pictures were all over my walls in my bedroom as a teen and when you meet your idol face-to-face, it can make you happy or make you sad. I'm happy to report that Morten was an utter gentleman, signed a book of mine (using my pen) and posed for a picture with me. I was in a state of shock for a few days because he spent a few moments of his precious time with me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't met one single celebrity. :o:( But this is a fascinating thread. Just wondering has anyone met -

Devon Sawa, Jonathon Taylor Thomas, The Script, Katy Perry (I read once that she was hilarious), Adam Sandler or Matt Willis? I've read about 10 pages but can't see any of them mentioned!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    I wonder what we would think if everybody who met us judged us purely on how we acted on one occasion when we might have been having a really bad day and then posted it up on a forum just to let others know how horrible we really were!

I often wonder why so many people crave celebrity and fame. I'd hate it.

If you are having an off day then don't do it, or at least put on a brave face. If you are being paid to be there and people are making the effort to see you, than at least be pleasant.

Sorry but that doesn't wash with me.

Also Jordan or whatever she wants to be called this week was doing a book signing in Norwich a year or 2 ago, and she was over an hour late getting there, that is just shoddy. (I didn't go just it was my lunchtime and people were moaning about it)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I met my idol (Morten Harket) a few years back, I was terrified. His pictures were all over my walls in my bedroom as a teen and when you meet your idol face-to-face, it can make you happy or make you sad. I'm happy to report that Morten was an utter gentleman, signed a book of mine (using my pen) and posed for a picture with me. I was in a state of shock for a few days because he spent a few moments of his precious time with me.

Oh I am soo jealous, I used to love him, its lovely to see he was a nice guy though :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taylor Swift is just completely lovely, she'll stay and chat for ages, sign anything, take loads of photos and hug you like your her best friend, seriously so nice and so appreciative to her fans.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    If you are having an off day then don't do it, or at least put on a brave face. If you are being paid to be there and people are making the effort to see you, than at least be pleasant.

Sorry but that doesn't wash with me.

Also Jordan or whatever she wants to be called this week was doing a book signing in Norwich a year or 2 ago, and she was over an hour late getting there, that is just shoddy. (I didn't go just it was my lunchtime and people were moaning about it)

Apparently, Ms Jordan is still having trouble with her time-keeping, judging by what's been said about her recent book signings - 2 hours late in Bedford and didn't turn up at all (only bothering to cancel after keeping people waiting for 2 hours) in Bournmouth!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marie123 wrote: »
    Taylor Swift is just completely lovely, she'll stay and chat for ages, sign anything, take loads of photos and hug you like your her best friend, seriously so nice and so appreciative to her fans.

She does seem like a lovely girl. :)
  • burbsburbs Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JLS when I booked them to perform at one of my club nights. Awesome guys. Aston and JB were 2 of the nicest "famous" people I have met. They stayed after the club closed and chatted to myself, the manager and the DJ for an hour about everything. The other 2 went straight to the hotel after getting off the stage though.

Sean Paul - Humble and amazingly nice guy who doesnt really seem to realise how big of a star he actually is.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I've met many celebrities (mostly lovely) but the nicest two were starring in a musical together back in 1970, when I was an innocent 14. I was in love with Maurice Gibb of the BeeGees, and he was in a show about music hall star Marie Lloyd, with Barbara Windsor. I was with my Mum and we took bouquets of flowers for Babs and for Maurice and his (then) wife Lulu.

We left the bouquets at the office, and after the show we asked if they could be taken to them both, and someone took them in. Beautiful Babs came out and hugged me, chatted for ages and took us both to Maurice's dressing room! He was absolutely fantastic, the friendliest guy I ever met. He gave me a huge hug, kissed me on the cheek, gave me an album of the show and signed it for me. I didn't want to leave and I was on cloud 9! I've adored him ever since and was gutted when he died.

Outside, I looked at the album and was horrified to notice that the ink had badly smudged. Barbara walked by just then and asked what was wrong, she took the album from me and ran around the dressing rooms to get all the major stars - and especially Maurice - to sign again. For that alone, I'll always love her. They both made a starstruck teenager extremely happy for a very long time. :)
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back in the 80s when Aha were HUGE, my teenage friend's dad was a security guard in Superdrug on New Street in Birmingham. Apparently Morten Harket (sp) went in there, but being a 'dad of a teenager' didn't have a clue who he was until after he'd left the shop. Apparently the female staff were swooning all over the place. My friend was gutted that dad hadn't got piccies or an autograph!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glen Michaels who presented Cartoon Cavalcade in my younger years, he was a total gent.

One of the gingers from biffy Clyro - Grad A knob.
  • BobbyNoMatesBobbyNoMates Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost kicked seven shades of sh*te out of Blake Fielder-Civil a while ago (pre-prison). I was working as a barman in SE London and he was drinking in our pub with a gang of his mates. After about two hours of drinking they (led on by him, the plank) start throwing glasses around. Not tossing them. Throwing. One of the barmaids was right beside the table and a glass literally brushed past her head before smashing into a wall. She asked them to stop and they told her to get back behind the bar if she didn't like it. I went over and suggested they left, and Blake stood up and got right into my face, generally trying to be threatening but failing miserably - he's a weedy runt and this was at the height of my boxing days, so I towered above him and apparently from behind the bar my shoulders just eclipsed his body. Things got pretty nasty, his mates started calling me every racist name under the sun and I'm not ashamed to say I was very close to snapping his head off when suddenly he gets all meek and decides to leave.

Absolute w@nker of a man.
  • JoleneJolene Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Bradfield - Manic street Preachers.

Egotistical ignorant man.

Wont go into details as not worth writing about