why doesnt hollyoaks make the evil characters ever suffer.

2»

Comments

• Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    oh so tired of hearing this all the time:yawn::yawn: yes they are nentertaining but i also find it entertaining watching them suffer too, its funny how you guys keep saying its boring when they get caught and punished but thats all part of thye entetainment, i dont mind if some get away with it but every single person??? yes that is tiring because it becomes so predictable and whoever kills texas will also get away with it already predictable and i bet it would be theresa mqueen, oh yea shes already got away with murder:rolleyes::yawn:

Erm...who said it was boring when the baddie gets caught? Yep, that can be entertaining, too. It's just not a pre-requisite.

Warren got caught, as did Silas (yes, I know he escaped), and lesser criminals like Ethan, Father Francis and Ally didn't get away with their crimes either. And let's not forget superbitch Maddie, who literally felt the full force of soapy retribution.

I daresay Brendan will cop it in the end, which is the ultimate punishment for all his wrongdoings, as will Walker. As for Theresa, Dr Browning and other bad'uns, like Mercy and weirdo Will, time will tell. I doubt they will all sail off into the sunset with a happy ending, though.

I suppose it comes down to personal preference. Some people aren't as bothered by reality and don't ascribe real life values to a soap opera, others prefer their drama to ring a bit truer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks' favourite plot device is for panto level villains to spread their tyranny. Why the jumped up moron Teresa is still swanning around is beyond me. It's basic shock value, fill the soap with enough nasties and people remain entertained even though it's cheap entertainment. It does leave a bad taste in my mouth though, most of the evil storylines are my least favourite Hollyoaks stories.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    its asso the soap with the fewest viewers and has no chance of ever winning the soap awards

If you need soap awards to justify your choice to watch any given soap then good for you. The rest of us will enjoy Hollyoaks regardless.
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad people getting away with stuff doesn't btoher because they're usually good characters however its that everyone gets away with murder. Literally.

Dom is the only one who has gone to prison straight off and stayed there in the last 7 years and he didn't even intentionally kill anyone. Theresa is the worst. The fact her and Carmel act like a little comedy duo is a joke.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but it would boring if everyone got punished for doing bad things. it is realistic, sort of, loads of people get away with murder. maybe not all in the same village mind you.

im not saying every single person should get punished but like you said when everyone in the same village keeps getting away with murder its a joke and the fact that riley costella is not seen as the bad guy based on hear say is a joke too.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    If you need soap awards to justify your choice to watch any given soap then good for you. The rest of us will enjoy Hollyoaks regardless.

i watch hollyoks too but you wont be able to watch it when its axed withing a few years :D:D
  • Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    Bad people often get away with bad things in real life.

If anything Hollyoaks is being realistic.

In an ideal world all nasties would get their comeuppance but sadly often they don't. Indeed sometimes the situation is reversed innocent people getting done for something they didn't do.