Honeysuckle Weeks

2»

Comments

• jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've thought recent publicity shots for FW have made her look old in the face too, at least relative to her age. Sometimes, unfortunately, inherited genes aren't kind, and there's little you can do about how 'old' you look if that is the case. But I believe Honeysuckle Weeks might smoke too in real life which really does put years on a woman - some more than others, obviously, but if you're also battling family genes which 'age' you more quickly you really don't want to be making it worse with something unnecessary!

I think I remember reading a interview a couple of yrs back and I am almost sure she said that she was a chain smoker. If this is the age, it would of course age her
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember first seeing Honeysuckle Weeks in the TV adaption of Ruth Rendell's thriller 'The Strawberry Tree'. She played the younger Petra whose teenage brother goes missing along with his Spanish girlfriend while she & her family spend their summer holiday in Spain until years later they turn up alive after everyone including Petra believed them to be dead.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've thought recent publicity shots for FW have made her look old in the face too, at least relative to her age. Sometimes, unfortunately, inherited genes aren't kind, and there's little you can do about how 'old' you look if that is the case. But I believe Honeysuckle Weeks might smoke too in real life which really does put years on a woman - some more than others, obviously, but if you're also battling family genes which 'age' you more quickly you really don't want to be making it worse with something unnecessary!

Yes, I thought that as well.

When the last series was on three years ago, she was much fuller in the face, so perhaps weight loss or as you say JP, smoking, has made her look older.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I thought that as well.

When the last series was on three years ago, she was much fuller in the face, so perhaps weight loss or as you say JP, smoking, has made her look older.

Possibly a mixture (trying, like you, to be fair and see this from all sides/possibilities) but the way smoking ages skin is shocking and is surely the habit easiest avoided to 'be on the safe side'? I know genes have a lot to do with it - my Mum looks at least 15 years younger than her 75 years, her Dad looked about 75 when he died at 93, and apparently (other people's opinion, not mine!) I look far younger than my 45 years... but at the same time none of us are/were smokers, and I think it does have an impact on how the skin ages, no matter what the defenders of the habit might say! It is a shame if Honeysuckle feels the pressure to stay slim and has gone down the smoking route as part of that, but maybe she genuine just enjoys being a walking ash tray if the chain smoking aspect is true? :o
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly a mixture (trying, like you, to be fair and see this from all sides/possibilities) but the way smoking ages skin is shocking and is surely the habit easiest avoided to 'be on the safe side'? I know genes have a lot to do with it - my Mum looks at least 15 years younger than her 75 years, her Dad looked about 75 when he died at 93, and apparently (other people's opinion, not mine!) I look far younger than my 45 years... but at the same time none of us are/were smokers, and I think it does have an impact on how the skin ages, no matter what the defenders of the habit might say! It is a shame if Honeysuckle feels the pressure to stay slim and has gone down the smoking route as part of that, but maybe she genuine just enjoys being a walking ash tray if the chain smoking aspect is true? :o

I've got pretty good genes in the family too. my daughter's 38, and looks younger than HW, my son's 33 and looks 10 years younger. OH and I are 68 and 57 respectively and nobody believes us when we say how old we are. ;)
    My mum smoked, but still looked facially quite young, but on the other hand, my dad looked his age.

It's all well and good saying she hasn't gone down the Hollywood route of botox etc, but I doubt she's the type to do that anyway. If she wants to stay natural, then good for her. However, IMO she isn't aging well, and looks quite haggard.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I remember her first in the wild house, I think she was the man character's older sister.

She was the elder teenage daughter; her brother was very much a kid rather than a man!

I remember her appearing in Barbara Vine's A Dark Adapted Eye as the younger self of Helena Bonham Carter; seriously odd casting as the two actresses look nothing remotely like each other.
  • violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was on at 9pm and Lesley Mandeville was in it.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was the elder teenage daughter; her brother was very much a kid rather than a man

Sorry for the spelling mistake I meant main character, not man character.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her brother and sister were in Google-Eyes too.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Sorry for the spelling mistake I meant main character, not man character.

Ah, I get you now!
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member

That would explain it, I didn't think my bedtime would be 6:30 in the evening!
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    What a shame that some have to dismiss a woman for not going down the plastic route and just ageing naturally!

She is very beautiful and I love her voice. I was just trying to remember what she was in when she was quite young that I used to watch...off to google because my memory obviously doesn't stretch that far through the mists of time.

I agree wholeheartedly.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it's her real name, her middle name is Susan

I don't know why but I find that incredibly funny, although there's nothing wrong or unlikeable about the name 'Susan'. It just seems incongruous with something like 'Honeysuckle'. :D
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow, really?? That just messes with my childhood memory of the show! 9pm, incredible that it was done as a serious prime time show. That is like Tracey Beaker being on at 9pm now:D
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen the mess of a film called The Wicker Tree.
    I thought it was ok as I am very accepting of horror films, but Honeysuckle Weeks has a fairly prominent role in that.:)
  • cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I don't know why but I find that incredibly funny, although there's nothing wrong or unlikeable about the name 'Susan'. It just seems incongruous with something like 'Honeysuckle'. :D

I chuckled too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I remember her way back from The Wild House. Her name has always made me laugh but she's a good actress.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My seven-year-old self was devoted to her in The Wild House. I'm a bit more in love with her brother these days, but they are a gorgeous family all round!
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a shame that some have to dismiss a woman for not going down the plastic route and just ageing naturally!

She is very beautiful and I love her voice. I was just trying to remember what she was in when she was quite young that I used to watch...off to google because my memory obviously doesn't stretch that far through the mists of time.

she was in one of the catherine cookson made for TV films.