Comments

• fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Came into this thread with the 'Natalie-who' mentality. She sang Voodoo Child!

But she was horrible on the XF Australia losing with the strongest category! Not one girl made it to the final. And for that reason Natalie I'm going to say NO WAY.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Shes boring and I think she is awful as a mentor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They won't chance an unknown.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member

But she was horrible on the XF Australia losing with the strongest category! Not one girl made it to the final. And for that reason Natalie I'm going to say NO WAY.

Girls seem to do poorly in XF OZ - its not just Natalie, barring Natalie Imbruglia getting one to the final 2 years ago, the finals are very male dominated
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    They won't chance an unknown.

Well they did once with Tulisa lets be honest.

Voodoo Child was bigger than anything N-Duz put out (barring Number 1 with Tinchy) + she was one of Neighbours biggest stars.

I wouldn't say she was a complete unknown tbh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They won't chance an unknown again. Let's put it that way - I don't want to have a discussion about 'is she famous/isn't she famous'

True, Tulisa was relatively unknown but she did have a kind of ground-level street cred - certainly enough street cred for the X Factor. And it was obvious they wanted a kind of mini-Cheryl Cole, which she was seen to be - launching a solo career, like Cheryl did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girls seem to do poorly in XF OZ - its not just Natalie, barring Natalie Imbruglia getting one to the final 2 years ago, the finals are very male dominated

Um, Samantha Jade won just last year, granted she was an Over 25 but she's still a girl!
    Only one girl made it to the final out of the first three series of X Factor UK so females seem to be doing better so far in Australia, unless you count the season if X Factor Australia on ten in 2005, then it's two out of four seasons, but whatever.
    Forum Member
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    Um, Samantha Jade won just last year, granted she was an Over 25 but she's still a girl!
    Only one girl made it to the final out of the first three series of X Factor UK so females seem to be doing better so far in Australia, unless you count the season if X Factor Australia on ten in 2005, then it's two out of four seasons, but whatever.

Yeah Fail on my part :D

I think I was just thinking of the girls category as opposed to all females ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Fail on my part :D

I think I was just thinking of the girls category as opposed to all females ;)

Yeah the girls category haven't been that great since the one that Natalie Imbruglia mentored. Not that she was a perfect mentor, but they were an all around strong category. The one Mel B mentored was just weak and last year's was pretty much lost after Angel Tupai got eliminated. Bella was good but inconsistent and Shiane just turned to sh!t in the live shows...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Hello no! She's a horrible mentor and so boring
  • noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Neither did they when Mel mentored them, so lets not blame Natalie, as has already been said, girls do not seem to do well in the show (taking out series 2).
  • noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she should stay to X Factor OZ! I think bringing her over here would be give off the impression to people who just watch the show but do not know of other versions that she is just there because they couldn't get Dannii.

She should stay on the OZ version. Plus, nobody knows her here, I only now her because of X Factor, nothing else
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    noonan15 wrote: »
    Neither did they when Mel mentored them, so lets not blame Natalie, as has already been said, girls do not seem to do well in the show (taking out series 2).

I agree girls are not doing great on Oz XFactor.
    (Fan girl voting for boys/boybands).

Even with Sammi (25 y.o.) won, she was bottom 2 three times. Sammi personality enabled her to grab some pre-teen girl fans later on. Still, it is very rare.

However, I do think Nat is responsible for the loss of her category.
    - Shiane's singing is bad and Nat did not correct her. (Now, it is very possible that she being the only top 6 not signed to Sony.)
    - What the heck of Angel changing image/style? They should go with feel-good songs.
    - Let Bella be Bella. Take any song (popular song), let Bella rearrange it (Bella-ify it), rather than choosing indle/alernative song similar to Bella's style, like how they approached "What make you beautiful"/"Dreams".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her a lot and I like her music.

However, I haven't seen the Australian X Factor but if she hasn't had very good results over there then they're not going to bring her to the UK especially as most people here won't be familiar with her music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do all the people claiming that "girls do badly on XF Oz" actually realise that the UK XF has only had three female winners in nine series, or that last year's final five were 100% male?

Right now the X Factor Australia has one female winner out of four seasons, it's exactly the same position the UK version was in after its fourth series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annielhy wrote: »
    I agree girls are not doing great on Oz XFactor.
    (Fan girl voting for boys/boybands).

Even with Sammi (25 y.o.) won, she was bottom 2 three times. Sammi personality enabled her to grab some pre-teen girl fans later on. Still, it is very rare.

However, I do think Nat is responsible for the loss of her category.
    - Shiane's singing is bad and Nat did not correct her. (Now, it is very possible that she being the only top 6 not signed to Sony.)
    - What the heck of Angel changing image/style? They should go with feel-good songs.
    - Let Bella be Bella. Take any song (popular song), let Bella rearrange it (Bella-ify it), rather than choosing indle/alernative song similar to Bella's style, like how they approached "What make you beautiful"/"Dreams".
    To be fair to Nat, even though I believe she is a weak mentor, she didn't completely lose her category until after the semi-final, when one judge/category at least is always going to have to peace out anyway.

When Mel B lost her entire category, she list them all before the final five! Nat at least kept her category I tact for the longest amount of time out if all the judges last year, but it all went wrong after she lost Angel.

But on the other hand,the general consensus is that Mel's girls category was the weakest the show has ever seen, while Nat's were tipped as the strongest category going into the live shows, so that brings into question which one is the weaker mentor...

Also, I don't believe it's possible to correct Shiane's singing...
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    To be fair to Nat, even though I believe she is a weak mentor, she didn't completely lose her category until after the semi-final, when one judge/category at least is always going to have to peace out anyway.

When Mel B lost her entire category, she list them all before the final five! Nat at least kept her category I tact for the longest amount of time out if all the judges last year, but it all went wrong after she lost Angel.

But on the other hand,the general consensus is that Mel's girls category was the weakest the show has ever seen, while Nat's were tipped as the strongest category going into the live shows, so that brings into question which one is the weaker mentor...

Also, I don't believe it's possible to correct Shiane's singing...

I don't understand how Shiane got through to Week 8 or whatever! She hacked and slashed Piece of my Heart to pieces. And why did Nat choose her???! And how did Shiane manage to stay above Samantha all that time when Sam was in the bottom 2 three times before? And how the hell was Shiane still around the week Angel left??! So many incredible things happen on the XF...cannot believe the Austalia voting public either.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea it was her in that song. I'm not sure the UK would really take to her that much, its quite rare for a foreign judge to go down so well on these types of shows. Only Nicole has truly done it, it even took a while for people to come round to Dannii.

Just throwing another Australian name into the ring, I'm very surprised that Holly Valance has never been approached for this kind of thing. Shes still fairly well known even though she hasn't done much for a while, and was quite big when she had her short career.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how Shiane got through to Week 8 or whatever! She hacked and slashed Piece of my Heart to pieces. And why did Nat choose her???! And how did Shiane manage to stay above Samantha all that time when Sam was in the bottom 2 three times before? And how the hell was Shiane still around the week Angel left??! So many incredible things happen on the XF...cannot believe the Austalia voting public either.

Yeah, I don't understand it either, but it was all rectified in the end, when Samantha sang Heartless and got a huge boost that led her to win, so I'm over it.

Well, I'm sort if over it, I'm still a little bit pissed that Shiane came out and hacked up that Adele song the week after Angel left! When someone like Angel is gone, none of the remaining contestants should have gotten away with singing that badly!
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At first i was like daf*k but she's actually quite good