Robbie Williams 'would buy drugs for his daughter'

decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Robbie Williams has said in an interview with The Sun that he would buy drugs for his daughter Teddy if she's a user when she's older, as he would rather make sure that she takes 'good drugs'.

He said: "I doubt she'll be like me. Touch wood, and follow that with a lot of love and a lot of luck, she won't go there or have to go there.

"If unfortunately that does happen, I'll know what to do. Which is make sure she's got the best drugs possible - and take them with her."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a492614/robbie-williams-i-would-buy-drugs-for-my-daughter.html

I find his comments pretty shocking, given his own personal experience with addiction. I can only assume that he's either joking, or had his words twisted!

Comments

• Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or maybe he's a shit dad.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, no outrage or shock here.

All he's saying is that in the event that his daughter ever ended up with a drug problem (a perfectly reasonable worry imo, since he's been there, done that and knows the reality of how easy it is to end up with a dependancy), then he would want to help her and if that included ensuring that she wasn't dependant upon 'street drugs' with all the dangers inherent in them, then that's what he would do.

He is in effect just a dad voicing a worry and what he would do in an attempt to try and protect her, in the event that it ever happened. Hopefully, she and he will never be in that position. And hopefully, his own experience will be a factor in that.

Typical sensationalist headline though, designed only to cause outrage before even reading what it is he's said.
  • Arthur CucumberArthur Cucumber Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Seems pretty pragmatic actually.
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all he's doing is creating free publicity by saying something "controversial" to get him in the news to promote his new album, dvd and tour. his daughter won't be taking any drugs for another decade and a half at least, and his views will change over time. the words in the article are irrelevant to the free promotion it brings
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »

All he's saying is that in the event that his daughter ever ended up with a drug problem (a perfectly reasonable worry imo, since he's been there, done that and knows the reality of how easy it is to end up with a dependancy), then he would want to help her and if that included ensuring that she wasn't dependant upon 'street drugs' with all the dangers inherent in them, then that's what he would do.

He is in effect just a dad voicing a worry and what he would do in an attempt to try and protect her, in the event that it ever happened. Hopefully, she and he will never be in that position. And hopefully, his own experience will be a factor in that.

Typical sensationalist headline though, designed only to cause outrage before even reading what it is he's said.

Strong agree with this!

Ignore other posters on here.
  • Dicey RileyDicey Riley Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    It would kill me to buy drugs for any of my children but I would buy them. (hopefully it will never happen but who knows)
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Difficult to quantify how much I couldn't care less..............apart from of course taking the trouble to let you know that I couldn't.

No time for egotistical show offs or chopped up misquotes from magazine interviews turned into tabloid headlines.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbie Williams is a dad? I never knew he was straight! :rolleyes:
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Robbie Williams is a dad? I never knew he was straight! :rolleyes:

And it's only possible for straight guys to become fathers?:confused:

Aside from that I do believe him to be a straight, happily married man, however I don't understand why RW's sexual preferences belongs on a thread discussing him buying drugs for his daughter.
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »

You do know you that very rich and very famous die from both overdosing and buying bad drugs from the streets dont you . All drugs are from the streets whether thats the street corners or the middle men supplying the Rich and Famous .Dont matter where you buy your drugs from , dont matter if your rich or poor - they all have an equal chance of getting poor quality and it just takes that one bad buy.

Maybe he could find other ways to help his daughter than supply her with her fix....

Agree with you on the typical sensationalist headline....hes got a single out YAWN ! PR anyone :)

If this is how he uses his baby daughter looks like he may be a crap father...... you can see the scene now when shes 16 " but you said you'd buy my drugs "
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    He is in for a big shock when she grows up and tells him the last thing she wants to do is take drugs with her father. Many young people want to do their own thing, make their own mistakes and having your father tag along, even if he is RW, he will then be middle aged and uncool.

I think it is amusing that he thinks this wont happen but I bet it will.
    Forum Member
    And it's only possible for straight guys to become fathers?:confused:

Aside from that I do believe him to be a straight, happily married man, however I don't understand why RW's sexual preferences belongs on a thread discussing him buying drugs for his daughter.

Didn't stop you giving your opinion on his sexuality though :D
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Blockz99 wrote: »

Walked right into that didn't I:D

Just irritates me when digs are made about people when the "dig" itself is completely irrelevant to the topic, so with that............. I did find it a very odd thing for RW to say but after giving it some thought, he knows first hand the dangers of drugs & he more than likely has gone through the "what if" scenario in his head & if God forbid his daughter did become drug dependent, he would rather ensure she was taking quality drugs whilst making sure she got the best possible help available.
    Personally I haven't read the article but if it's from a red top, we can pretty much guarantee his words will have been twisted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh it didn't take long to end up on Digital Spy did it?
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not even reading what he's said but it annoys me he appears to be spouting off crap every chance he gets again lately. I was enjoying the media being a relatively Robbie free zone. He winds me up something ridiculous and I'm not even sure why. I was one of the few who was devastated when he re-joined Take That. I wish he'd shut up and go away forever, and take his crazy eyes with him.
    Forum Member
    Walked right into that didn't I:D

Just irritates me when digs are made about people when the "dig" itself is completely irrelevant to the topic, so with that............. I did find it a very odd thing for RW to say but after giving it some thought, he knows first hand the dangers of drugs & he more than likely has gone through the "what if" scenario in his head & if God forbid his daughter did become drug dependent, he would rather ensure she was taking quality drugs whilst making sure she got the best possible help available.
    Personally I haven't read the article but if it's from a red top, we can pretty much guarantee his words will have been twisted.

Yeah sorry that was too easy :) Ive done it my self .

My problem with his statement is hes pretty delusional if he thinks he can get her "quality drugs" or "safe drugs" they don't come with a government safety rating. As gruesome as it sounds if he buys and takes the drugs with her it might be two dead bodies discovered . Sorry to be macabre but his statement doesn' t make sense and is pretty irrational.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose I just found it a bit odd that he would be thinking of this scenario already when his daughter is so little. And I would have thought that sending your child to rehab would be the first response, not buying them drugs to do together!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »

:p:p:p:p:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not even reading what he's said but it annoys me he appears to be spouting off crap every chance he gets again lately. I was enjoying the media being a relatively Robbie free zone. He winds me up something ridiculous and I'm not even sure why. I was one of the few who was devastated when he re-joined Take That. I wish he'd shut up and go away forever, and take his crazy eyes with him.

I thought you don't follow celebs as you have pointed out in many posts!

Oerrr you are a big fibber! :rolleyes:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    I suppose I just found it a bit odd that he would be thinking of this scenario already when his daughter is so little. And I would have thought that sending your child to rehab would be the first response, not buying them drugs to do together!

To be fair, I'm sure that would have been part of the theoretical plan too, alongside the 'drug-dealer' role. ;) Also, recovered addicts do tend to think more about addiction since it's an ongoing battle and something they have to deal with every day so it's not wholly surprising that his mind would have gone down the 'what if?' route.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    unique wrote: »
    all he's doing is creating free publicity by saying something "controversial" to get him in the news to promote his new album, dvd and tour. his daughter won't be taking any drugs for another decade and a half at least, and his views will change over time. the words in the article are irrelevant to the free promotion it brings

:mad: Logic and reason is strictly not permitted.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought you don't follow celebs as you have pointed out in many posts!

Oerrr you are a big fibber! :rolleyes:

Why are you trolling me? It's creepy.
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe if the tit brings her up properly she won't develop a drug problem to put him in such a position.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has proven once and for all that he is an A-Class ****!
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    :mad: Logic and reason is strictly not permitted.

Agreed.....this makes it even worse as he's using his baby as a PR tool :mad: